Dressing better

Treating them isn't a bad idea but it might change the look of the boots.
It could make the leather darker but should enhance the look a bit by darkening it.

Originally Posted by PremeOne

Can someone recommend a place I can get jeans hemmed in NYC? I want it to look as original as possible.
Try looking around on yelp.com

I found a good tailor in the Boston area through the site. I've been going to him ever since.

This may not help too much, but in case you're in Jersey take it to Nordstrom at Garden State Plaza. They do A+ job.

Originally Posted by airmaxes

This may not help too much, but in case you're in Jersey take it to Nordstrom at Garden State Plaza. They do A+ job.
They don't ask for receipts? When I wore 7, RR, and TR jeans...I'd buy most of them from Nordy and every time I went to get the jeanshemmed, they asked for my receipt. I had bought a couple pairs of RR jeans in L.A. from RR's Sample Sale and Nordy refused to hem the jeans because Ididn't have the receipt to show that I bought them from the store.

Originally Posted by quik1987

I know this is in the Streetwear thread too. Wings + Horns fall '09
wings-horns-fall-winter-2009-collection-25.jpg

3sixteen Autumn 2009 lookbook
3sixteen-fall-2009-menswear-11.jpg

3sixteen-fall-2009-menswear-03.jpg

3sixteen-fall-2009-menswear-10.jpg

3sixteen-fall-2009-menswear-09.jpg

3sixteen-fall-2009-menswear-04.jpg

3sixteen-fall-2009-menswear-02.jpg

does anyone know where I would be able to purchase those toggle button coats from?

Originally Posted by seanyboyy

Originally Posted by PremeOne

Can someone recommend a place I can get jeans hemmed in NYC? I want it to look as original as possible.
Try looking around on yelp.com

I found a good tailor in the Boston area through the site. I've been going to him ever since.
Thanks for everyone's suggestions. Yelp gave me a tailor that's not to far from my school.

i need a new backpack. suggestions...

..or. anyone know an easy way to get head-porter/gregory/the north face purple label/ here in the u.s.a? have them shipped from japan? idk. thanks

Originally Posted by RFX45

Got the W&H jacket on the right on pre-order.
Still thinking about the grey one but I'm not sure yet if I want to pull the trigger on it as well.
wings-horns-fall-winter-2009-collection-24.jpg

Will probably pull the trigger on this one though.
i would cop the grey one
pimp.gif

Hello everyone, I have a reception wedding I am attending on the 19th.

I need some suggestions on what to wear, I have already decided to get some Sperry Topsiders boat shoes probably in classic brown or navy.

I need help on the rest of the outfit, I was thinking something in the lines of maybe black or navy pinstripe/regular pants, dress shirt & tie, maybe acardigan or a blazer.

If you guys can help me out and put an outfit together that would be great.

My budget is pretty low, maybe $100-$200 & $200 is pushing it.

Its going to be most likely a one time thing outfit so I don't want to go all out with it.

Any help is much appreciated

If this wedding event is in the daytime, I'm assuming it is since you plan on wearing boat shoes (which I already do not suggest) then I would suggestgoing to H&M and getting their linen suit.
Last time I was there, this past weekend, they had a brown and navy version, maybe even slightly light grey.
It is light and very summer and might be the only suit you could possibly work with boat shoes.
I would try and get khaki too if possible, cotton if no linen is available. Overall, for that budget, there really isn't much we can recommend.

Its at night, going to be at a restaurant. Just partying, eating & drinking.

Which is why I say I don't plan on spending much just for clothes to party in.

But I would like some suggestions on what is a good color boat shoe to buy & what is a good outfit to put together.

Originally I was just going to buy some Vans zapatos (black), black pinstripe pants (by volcom or something) dress shirt, tie & cardigan

So it's just a reception dinner and not the actual wedding?
If so, I wouldn't even stress about it much since it won't be one of those formal receptions anyways.
I still say stay away from boat shoes, just way too casual. Get some bucks/oxfords or loafers that are a bit more dressed up.
Here's my advice, go for this look.
A simple navy sweater, white dress shirt, navy tie, gray slacks and brown shoes.
00004f.jpg

Even this is a good look, dark jeans (or switch it up with a navy slacks), black shoes (I'd opt for a brown pair) white striped shirt and a dark tie.
Just add a cardigan or a wool jacket and your good to go.
00012f.jpg

If your really set on Sperry boat shoes, or you already bought them, go for this look.
00029f.jpg

Or this minus the trench coat and add a navy knit tie.
00030f.jpg

Just keep in mind, it is all about the fit. If any of those pics I posted are slightly more baggier, it would lose some of it's look but as long as you donot go 2 sizes up your real size, then you should be able to make it work. All those things I posted could probably be found at Macys or BR or even H&M orGap and you can save money by immitating those looks with lesser known brands.

Comme des Garcons PLAY x Converse

cdg-play-converse-chuck-taylor-4.jpg

Comes in two colors in both low and high top. This isn't the regular Converse Chuck Taylor. It's an archived version from the 50's that the ReiKawakubo picked out herself. You can cop off Saks 5th Ave's website at $100/105 respectively. Free shipping until the 3rd.

If so, I wouldn't even stress about it much since it won't be one of those formal receptions anyways.
I still say stay away from boat shoes, just way too casual. Get some bucks/oxfords or loafers that are a bit more dressed up.
A simple navy sweater, white dress shirt, navy tie, gray slacks and brown shoes.
00004f.jpg

Even this is a good look, dark jeans (or switch it up with a navy slacks), black shoes (I'd opt for a brown pair) white striped shirt and a dark tie.
00012f.jpg

If your really set on Sperry boat shoes, or you already bought them, go for this look.
00029f.jpg

00030f.jpg

Just keep in mind, it is all about the fit. If any of those pics I posted are slightly more baggier, it would lose some of it's look but as long as you do not go 2 sizes up your real size, then you should be able to make it work. All those things I posted could probably be found at Macys or BR or even H&M or Gap and you can save money by immitating those looks with lesser known brands.

Hey thanks! Keep the suggestions flowing.

I'm not sure if every asian does it but usually for us, the wedding is in the morning and the reception dinner party is at night.

I'm really leaning towards getting some boat shoes because I want some comfort and something I can wear more than just at a wedding

Originally Posted by eeibaby

00004f.jpg

00012f.jpg

00029f.jpg

00030f.jpg

Just keep in mind, it is all about the fit. If any of those pics I posted are slightly more baggier, it would lose some of it's look but as long as you do not go 2 sizes up your real size, then you should be able to make it work. All those things I posted could probably be found at Macys or BR or even H&M or Gap and you can save money by immitating those looks with lesser known brands.

I'm not sure if every asian does it but usually for us, the wedding is in the morning and the reception dinner party is at night.

I'm really leaning towards getting some boat shoes because I want some comfort and something I can wear more than just at a wedding

Is it a tea ceremony in the morning? If so its pretty standard.

Originally Posted by eeibaby

To be honest, I think some brown bucks or oxfords would be more versatile than boat shoes because it can be dressed up while boat shoes are strictly casual.

That's how the layout for my cousin's wedding was, more or less. Close friends and family were invited to the morning reception and thewedding was at night, where about 300 people showed up. I wore a suit to the evening portion. For the morning, I wore a different dress shirt (without a tie)and the slacks that went with the suit. No one else wore a tie at the morning reception as well. I had to be versatile since it was at a hotel, and we stayedthere over night and I traveled light since it wasn't in the U.S.

Originally Posted by il prescelto

i need a new backpack. suggestions...

..or. anyone know an easy way to get head-porter/gregory/the north face purple label/ here in the u.s.a? have them shipped from japan? idk. thanks

Get these new Jack Spade Canvas backpack. Quality is topnotch and you probably won't need a new backpack for a while.
It even has a laptop compartment and it's waterproof.
jack-spade-backpack-01.jpg
jack-spade-backpack-02.jpg

jack-spade-backpack-03.jpg

Back
Top Bottom