Dressing better

damb, i might be SOL then as I am a somewhat portly/chubby... who am i kidding... fat (5'11 and change 200lbs) asian guy. Not sure I can pull off the fitted seersucker look but I'm gonna try

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

damb, i might be SOL then as I am a somewhat portly/chubby... who am i kidding... fat (5'11 and change 200lbs) asian guy. Not sure I can pull off the fitted seersucker look but I'm gonna try
Having a good figure always helps, but the fit of your suit can still make you look great no matter what kind of figure you have. I don't think nii is fat by any means, but he's not model proportioned either, and his suits look impeccable. If the suit fits YOU, it doesn't matter so much what your figure is, and there's no reason to think you can't pull off seersucker just because you're not thin.
This might be helpful, from GQ re: heavy set guys and suits:

1) Wear a pocket square. It brings the focus to your chest, not your gut.

2) Keep your jacket buttoned unless you’re sitting down.

3) Wear a simple, elegant shirt. Avoid plaids and checks.

4) You can wear flat-front pants. They are engineered to be comfortable, even without pleats.

5) Avoid superskinny ties and lapels. Proportion with your torso is key.

Read More http://www.gq.com/how-to/fashion/200707/gq-primer-suit-your-shape-slideshow#ixzz1SsheL2yB

Originally Posted by GUTTA BOB

can someone pls help me identify these 2 shoes

http://www.gap.com/browse...id=838852&ssiteID=BG

http://www.gap.com/browse...amp;vid=2&pid=814562

They are both on models.. look similar to one another. HELP pls.
n5iip5.jpg

2vtsj2r.jpg

This is the first picture.

The second picture got nerfed up.

^^^ That's probably close enough
laugh.gif
Especially for the price, you probably wouldn't find anything similar for cheaper.

^ I've been in the market for em recently
J Crew- I was told their slim fit chinos are only available online, doesn't work for me because I wanna try them on

American Eagle- I've never owned anything from here. Went in and loved their fits on these, more like 514s. Bought a grey pair and a navy pair, and snagged a khaki pair as well

These are dope if you like that "weathered" look, I'd call it

Urban Outfitters- They're joints look dope online, these are much more fitting though

Keep hearing about H&M, I'd check them out in store, cheap too

Anybody know of some jeans that have more crotch space, but fit like levi's 511's?

I've put a lot of weight on my thighs and butt, so I can't fit any of my 511's anymore and I don't feel like sizing up 2 more sizes because of how awkward I feel they'll fit (my calves aren't muscular enough to fill the bottom part of the jeans) So yea, anybody got some suggestions?

Saw the trailer for Crazy Stupid Love last week and some of Goslings fits are 
pimp.gif

I straight ripped one of his outfits in the movie for my graduation and I really loved the look.

Black pants with brown shoes FTW.

But really, I want a jean jacket. 

Tell me how I can pull this off.

My immediate thoughts are to check out Levis, any other suggestions?

Originally Posted by onlyXVbutHAVEallXIX

Saw the trailer for Crazy Stupid Love last week and some of Goslings fits are 
pimp.gif

I straight ripped one of his outfits in the movie for my graduation and I really loved the look.

Black pants with brown shoes FTW.

But really, I want a jean jacket. 

Tell me how I can pull this off.

My immediate thoughts are to check out Levis, any other suggestions?
Word..i was thinking about picking this one up
pLEVI1-8980955t330x400.jpg

$239 tho 
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

can someone pls help me identify these 2 shoes

http://www.gap.com/browse...id=838852&ssiteID=BG

http://www.gap.com/browse...amp;vid=2&pid=814562

They are both on models.. look similar to one another. HELP pls.
n5iip5.jpg

2vtsj2r.jpg

This is the first picture.

The second picture got nerfed up.
Closest I could find.

http://www.urbanoutfitter...amp;selectedProductSize=

Hey those aren't that bad looking.

Do you know any other sites that might have these specific shoes or something super similar.  I want want that lift in the back.  and I like the dirty old look.

Thanks for the help.

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Originally Posted by onlyXVbutHAVEallXIX
Word..i was thinking about picking this one up
$239 tho 
sick.gif
Why is it priced so high?  Is it part of the LVC collection?  Just go to macy's and get one of their lower priced ones.
This looks like the same jacket and it's only priced $68.  http://us.levi.com/produc...s%3A3146860&fbn=null|M&cp=3146842.3146845.3146860.3692021&clickid=prdsw

Vanishing elephant makes a similar shoe. Around $200 but they pop up on gilt every once in a while. I have blue suede ones and olive leather if you want pics.Edit: check top man or all saints. Those shoes have the grungy worn look.

To dude who asked about jean jackets,
when I wear mine, I tend to wear heather grey, white, or a dark navy blue inside

coupled with khaki colored pants, only. I'm not daring enough to try other colors. 

Originally Posted by Murray497

Vanishing elephant makes a similar shoe. Around $200 but they pop up on gilt every once in a while. I have blue suede ones and olive leather if you want pics.Edit: check top man or all saints. Those shoes have the grungy worn look.

is gilt kinda like jackthreads & plndr? 

need some advice, i bought my first pair of boat shoes today and was wondering, socks or no socks? what type of socks if i should wear them? i know this probably sounds really stupid so bare with me 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bossjulio

Vanishing elephant makes a similar shoe. Around $200 but they pop up on gilt every once in a while. I have blue suede ones and olive leather if you want pics. Edit: check top man or all saints. Those shoes have the grungy worn look.

dont know what plndr is but yeah. I haven't been on gilt for a while got on today and saw some Converse shoes I wanted, found out I had 50 bucks in credit that expired
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by needsomejays

need some advice, i bought my first pair of boat shoes today and was wondering, socks or no socks? what type of socks if i should wear them? i know this probably sounds really stupid so bare with me 
laugh.gif

No socks, unless I'm wearing them with jeans and even then it's black socks that barely show. I don't wear white socks at all anymore

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Originally Posted by bossjulio

Vanishing elephant makes a similar shoe. Around $200 but they pop up on gilt every once in a while. I have blue suede ones and olive leather if you want pics. Edit: check top man or all saints. Those shoes have the grungy worn look.

dont know what plndr is but yeah. I haven't been on gilt for a while got on today and saw some Converse shoes I wanted, found out I had 50 bucks in credit that expired
ohwell.gif

Generaiya would recommend that you contact Gilt Customer Service via phone or Twitter. They are very accommodating.

You think they'll give them back to me?
I didn't even know I had them and it expired in May and June.  

Back
Top Bottom