Dressing better

Originally Posted by wj4

^
laugh.gif
That's a suit from H&M right? I have the same one, and also another one in navy.

Yup! I love it. I was going to get the navy one too but they didn't have the 34 in the jacket and it looks a bit like denim material so I passed.

im having trouble choosing a pair of casual everyday shoes. i see some nice sneakers in here but i hate white mid soles because of yellowing. i was thinking of black suede clarks db's would that be good?

got my clarks today and ehhh they need some breaking in

on another note where can i find those 511 khakis wj4 has on on the previous page?

Originally Posted by rjones416

im having trouble choosing a pair of casual everyday shoes. i see some nice sneakers in here but i hate white mid soles because of yellowing. i was thinking of black suede clarks db's would that be good?

All black isn't that versatile.  I'd go with the sand color instead

I bought those 511s from the local UO. They have 3 colors, the khaki shade I bought, the navy one that I also bought, and a lighter khaki..sand shade.

for the fellas with big thighs/calves etc. how many sizes up did you go up on the 511's? I tried some on the other day in my natural waist size that I wear in the 514's and I couldn't even get it up my thigh lol.

Originally Posted by jamespiritu

Originally Posted by wj4

I got them hemmed.  With a 31 waist, they only come in a 32'' inseam.  For non-denim, the ideal inseam for me is 30.5''.  Now they fit extremely well.

It's suppose to be rainy in SoCal for the rest of the week, sucks that I haven't got around to get more rain friendly boots yet.
How tall are you wj4? Those 511 you're wearing, did you need to size up like what other ppl here are doing?

I'm about 5'10''.  Yes, I sized up to a 31.  I usually wear 30.  I couldn't even fit a size 30 on 511s up my legs. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Originally Posted by buggz05

May 8th. I think its day time. Not sure about flip flops and shorts though..its northern illinois

i'd recommend a cotton or linen khaki suit, a purple or blue gingham shirt and some brown oxfords. you can go with or without tie, depending on the formality or how hot it is.
Nice. Can you recommend a tie?

^I bought that suit in dark gray, but I might return it. Not too sure about the quality and the overall look...

What are some regular/casual tees you guys would recommend for someone tall? im 6'2 but im pretty skinny so i need something thats not too short, yet not wide either.  Everything is usually big AND tall.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by wj4

^
laugh.gif
That's a suit from H&M right? I have the same one, and also another one in navy.

Yup! I love it. I was going to get the navy one too but they didn't have the 34 in the jacket and it looks a bit like denim material so I passed.

How do you keep it from wrinkling?  When I saw that suit at the store, the material scared me away.  If you get into a car, by the time you come out it'll look completely different ...

Originally Posted by rcdp

beeswax imo seem to be the most versatile color.

Yea, I don't think I could wear 511's. I tried them on before, and they don't make it up my legs lol or they look painted on.
I'm in decent shape, I'm 6'2 and wear size 32, but my calves, thighs are too big for them. What other slimmer fits would probably work? 514s? I usually just wear my 501s but they're not that slim.

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

Originally Posted by rcdp

beeswax imo seem to be the most versatile color.
Yea I got both pairs, I wear the beeswax more, but sand is a lot easier to find.
Yea, I don't think I could wear 511's. I tried them on before, and they don't make it up my legs lol or they look painted on.
I'm in decent shape, I'm 6'2 and wear size 32, but my calves, thighs are too big for them. What other slimmer fits would probably work? 514s? I usually just wear my 501s but they're not that slim.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What a lot of people (myself included) is to size up on the 511's.  Makes them fit like 514's but slimmer.
[/font]

Originally Posted by niidawg3

May 8th. I think its day time. Not sure about flip flops and shorts though..its northern illinois

i'd recommend a cotton or linen khaki suit, a purple or blue gingham shirt and some brown oxfords. you can go with or without tie, depending on the formality or how hot it is.
Nice. Can you recommend a tie?

The tie depends on the color of shirt you wear. I'd recommend a solid knit tie ... but again i cant recommend a color till you figure out your shirt.

Originally Posted by car9vel

What are some regular/casual tees you guys would recommend for someone tall? im 6'2 but im pretty skinny so i need something thats not too short, yet not wide either.  Everything is usually big AND tall.
Not high fashion or anything, but try Target. I think the brand is Mossimo. I'm 6'4 190 and they fit me pretty well, not short, not baggy as you mentioned. 

rfx, i think levi's owes you some money for your unintentional marketing.  i don't remember anyone looking for or asking about those 511 pants until you posted a few pics of you wearing them.  i like to call it the influence of nt fit pics.

Originally Posted by shogun

rfx, i think levi's owes you some money for your unintentional marketing.  i don't remember anyone looking for or asking about those 511 pants until you posted a few pics of you wearing them.  i like to call it the influence of nt fit pics.

more like wj4's pics tho...

do you guys know when its appropriate to tuck in a shirt

i see lottah ppl doing it on here.. tips.?

Originally Posted by avitale8

my 511's have broken in a bit and now fit a little nicer...when i first got them, it was hard to fit in them (in the leg opening area)...but if you can't fit in those, 514's are your best bet...definitely fit better than 501's.

Originally Posted by sb23

do you guys know when its appropriate to tuck in a shirt

i see lottah ppl doing it on here.. tips.?
My own personal rules: 
-ALWAYS when wearing a tie, a sweater, a cardigan, a sweatervest or a jacket. 

-NEVER when it's a t-shirt of any sort.

-Most of the time when it's a button-down shirt. Depends on the cut of the bottom- if it's long and round it's meant to be tucked, but if it's a shorter and more straight cut you can leave it untucked. 

-Polos can be tucked if there's not a lot of extra material at the waist so the shirt won't balloon out at the sides, and the shirt is a bit long at the bottom so there's enough to tuck. I personally don't tuck mine but it does look good if it's pulled off correctly. You gotta be fit and the shirt has to be very close fitting. 

Back
Top Bottom