Dressing better

Originally Posted by chixdigggit

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by chixdigggit

How's the quality on gucci dress shoes? Also with a suit are you suppose to wear leather sole shoes?

Gucci dress shoes are nice, they offer some nice and sleek dress shoes. Quality-wise, they tend to be good but still overpriced at retail.I'd suggest getting a blake rapid stsitched shoe from Gucci so it can be resoled.
As for leather vs. rubber soles, it is up to you. There are now sleek rubber soled dress shoes out there that goes well with a suit, problem is most rubber soled shoes aren't blake rapid stitched. 

Another way is get leather soled dress shoes and have it topied, that way you retain that blake rapid stitch for resoling in the future.
<Do you know of any other slim sleek looking dress shoes that is of better quality than the guccis at about the same price point?Thanks
There should be a lot. Gucci dress shoes retail for $500+, for that price I might go with Ferragamo or Crockett & Jones, thinking strictly retail price here. There are others but they tend to become a little difficult to get like Loake, Churchs, Trickers, Grenson, etc... You can also go American with Alden, they tend to be less sleek though.

Originally Posted by Pinoy732

i already own a pair of beeswax db's but they are getting kinda beat.  i know someone has posted a link in here so you can get em for like 70+ but i cant find it anymore.  can anyone help me out with that link or any link to discounted beeswax's?
omgitswes wrote:
frontstreetny.com has them for 79.99
amazon might still be doing their sale on them
thanks man but i need a pair for myself and for a friend and they dont have his size 
ohwell.gif

anyone else know of anywhere ?

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

122930Shoes_9108Web.jpg

laugh.gif
I dont care what yall say, #%%$ looks like some LUGZ
sick.gif

I seriously thought I was the only one thinking that. I used to own a pair of those Lugz in high school. 
laugh.gif

i already own a pair of beeswax db's but they are getting kinda beat.  i know someone has posted a link in here so you can get em for like 70+ but i cant find it anymore.  can anyone help me out with that link or any link to discounted beeswax's?
omgitswes wrote:
thanks man but i need a pair for myself and for a friend and they dont have his size 
ohwell.gif

just google: clarks desert boots.

Amazon, in addition to a bunch of other online shoe retailers have pairs. Some colors/sizes are marked down, and I've seen at least 2-3 online shoe retailers with Clarks desert boots offering between 10%-20% off right now.

Terrible picture quality from my iTouch. I thought these cameras were way better, but ive been taking some crappy pics with it.

Boots are top notch in quality, suede is great and the red sole is a nice touch. 1/48.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by maldonado

omgitswes wrote:
ohwell.gif

Amazon, in addition to a bunch of other online shoe retailers have pairs. Some colors/sizes are marked down, and I've seen at least 2-3 online shoe retailers with Clarks desert boots offering between 10%-20% off right now.

Check your local Nordstrom Rack, I saw a pair there for $59.  They also had other colors for the same price.

Originally Posted by Div1LBC

Originally Posted by maldonado

omgitswes wrote:
ohwell.gif

Check your local Nordstrom Rack, I saw a pair there for $59.  They also had other colors for the same price.
Most if not all NR have them. i went to 3 by my house and they have the grey, sand and brown beeswax 59.99 and if u get lucky some have the 35% off on them ...

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

122930Shoes_9108Web.jpg

laugh.gif
I dont care what yall say, #%%$ looks like some LUGZ
sick.gif
A LOT of the stuff the Sartorialist posts is super whack. I call it "over-fashion". It's like to be considered very fashionable you have to try to pull off something borderline ridiculous. Perfect example to me is pants hemmed high like above. Looks horrible to me and I don't care how many stars/designers endorse or wear it. The styleblogger does it with his pants and it's about the only practice of his that I find tacky. 

^
a lot of the stuff he posts now are stuff that stands out.  i think it's ok as long as that's really the person's own personal style and they're not dressing weird just to get on a blog.  it's nice to see some weird fits and variation.  the people who comment are ridiculous though.  they're brown-nosers who agree with everything he says and always plug their own "fashion" blog in the comments.

I love the look of chinos and boat shoes but want to take it a step further by wearing a shirt and tie. However I can not seem to find a combination I really love. My boat shoes are dark brown and the chinos I have that always looks best is light brown (Kenneth Cole thanks to working there...) but not sure the shirt tie combo. I was thinking light blue (since blue and brown always looks nice to me) however cant find a tie at my work or elsewhere I like. Maybe a navy blue one, any ideas?

Thanks for the advice on the tailor... but I went to Nelson's. They seemed to know what they were doing as well and ill update on saturday when i get the shirt back.
Funny thing that the shirt I want to slim down is also from J. Crew. They seem to make a big deal out of their "tailored fit" but the shirt fit like a potato sack on me as well lol

I know this has been answered, but the search button couldnt help me.

What exactly does heming jeans entail? Will my tailor just cut the extra material or do they make the ends of my jeans skinnier?

What do I ask my tailor for when I take these jeans in?

thanks

Originally Posted by CJ003

I know this has been answered, but the search button couldnt help me.

What exactly does heming jeans entail? Will my tailor just cut the extra material or do they make the ends of my jeans skinnier?

What do I ask my tailor for when I take these jeans in?

thanks
Hemming just shortens it.
If you want the leg opening smaller, that's called tapering.

If you want to shorten it, just go in and tell your tailor what inseam you want it

Back
Top Bottom