Driver's Ed

Today I came home from school and received a letter about the Driver's Ed program that is going on at my school. The letter says that the classes costabout $450 and will be held in the mornings before school. I go and tell my parents about it and they say it is a waste of money and I can go to a privatedriving school to learn how to drive for a cheaper price. The main reason I want to take the classes is because in NYC you will be eligible to receive yourfull license at the age of 17 rather than the age of 18 if you take the classes. How can I convince my parents to let me take driver's ed?

why dont you get the private one?..they have a drivers ed at my school too..joint is 400 bucks..do you really want to drive early?

The thing about the drivers ed well in NY atleast it allows you to get your full licensce at 17 instead of 18.

^ I wish it was like that in Philly. Here you can get your permit when you turn 16, and then you can get your license 6 months after that. Once you're 18though you can get your permit and license one day after the other. I still don't got my permit though, too lazy to get it (I turn 17 in March).
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by 18th letter

why don't your parents teach you how to drive?
your school is ripping you off

Why?

Because if your parents teach you how to drive, you're going to pick up their bad driving habits.

I didn't take it back in Junior year like I should've and I still don't have my license with 3 days left 'til I turn 18.

The thing about the drivers ed well in NY atleast it allows you to get your full licensce at 17 instead of 18.
That's the main reason I want to take driver's ed

I just took the class and let my girls aunt teach me to drive, but honestly I'm a bad driver. So maybe that money is being well spent.

Don't do it, that's crazy. Driver's Ed at my school was free and open to anyone how would attend the classes. It's really boring though, mostof it is common sense, the only thing I learned after 8 weeks of it was the 3-point turn...

I did my 6 hours of driving and I paid 260 at a private driving school. The come pick you up at home. Its def. better than paying 400 n having to do it beforeschool

Well here in Texas it's mandatory unless you wanna wait until you're 18 to get your license. The good thing about it is there is no road tests. Onlythe in class vision and signs test. Then all you have to do is wait 6 months, and after that you just go in and fill out paperwork and they give you yourlicense so if your states program is anything like mines I recommend it. Plus you'll learn how to be a good driver faster than your parents did and youwont have as many bad habits.

here in Ohio i got my permit at 15 1/2 then license at 16 but school is madatory unless you wait till 18, and i had to go private because my school doesntoffer it as a class

Due to the lack of funds and a family illness in high school, i had to wait until i was 19 to take drivers ed....hanging out with 15 year olds for 2 hours aday for 3 week isnt very fun. But even at 19 i had to wait 6 months to take the road test.
indifferent.gif

^ Same for Ohio as Adidasfreak, except I think we needed 8 hrs of driving with the school instructor along with the class... then the how ever many hrs for the6 months of temp license, I think it was 50? Not sure, it was so long ago when I did it.

Pretty cool though the drivers ed cars have brake pedals in the passenger footwell.

my drivers ed class was $300

and my mom wanted me to take it because it lowered my insurance and she didn't have time plus remember what i needed to do on the road test

I got my California Licence @ 16, I remember that summer, I work to save up enough for my drivers ed class.. Everything together including test @dmv, drvrs ed,behind the wheel training was about $250, I remembered I passed everything my first try cuz i couldnt afford to take it over... even though written test youcan fail 3 times before you have to pay again

wow.....$450....your school is really trying to rip you off son!!
eek.gif
were iwent to all i had to pay for my drivers ed was $245,and it was well worth it,most of the time i didnt even have to go,i was really cool with the peoplethere!!
grin.gif

damn, i turned 18 last september and i still havent gotten my license, @!#% you just reminded me i havent paid my tickets smh

thats a rip off.. you can take it online for under $200 bucks, same certificate, same education. and you go at your own pace. at least in CA.

the way i see it .. every guy should know how to drive no matter what like its just in our heads.. i never took drivers ed or driving lessons.. your justsuppose to know it just because your a guy.. thats how i see it.. and i admit im a good driver when i want to (passengers) but when im alone im one impatientdriver .

ITS SOOOOOOOO worth it they teach you technique to prevent accidents and it also sharpens reflexes.

Just do the private one. They generally are less expensive and I'm guessing your parents are paying for this so it really is their decision.

Back
Top Bottom