Driving Under the Influence

If you've gotten a DUI, you've deserved it. If you have yet to receive one, and keep telling yourself you won't get caught, you deserve somethingworse than a DUI.

I understand where alot of yall are coming from and like I said earlier I will be more cautious about my actions in the future. As I also stated earlier Ican't say that I wouldn't do it again because if I'm out drinking a couple beers most likely I will hop in the car anddrive home. Other than that if I have been really drinking I will toss the keys to the sober one or call a cab.

Also this is no disrespect to those who have lost loved ones to drunk drivers or carelessness, it's just a topic that I wanted to hear some NTers opinionon.

The average person drives 87 times drunk before they are caught for a DUI.

Regardless of whether or not you have the ability to drive while buzzed, if you hit somebody you will be at fault. (As Dirty had pointed out with theStallworth situation.)

There are certain circumstances out of your control that can put you at fault if you drive while intoxicated.

Why risk it?

smh.gif
Really?
indifferent.gif

I have done it. Got arrested for it in 2005 and have not done it since. Going through that whole process made me realize how stupid and reckless it is. Plus, Ihave a wife and child now, so it would be completely irresponsible for me to take chances like that now.

One time i thought i'd help a friend out by being his dd...on the way home he tko'd me with a bottle and i rolled his car. Don't drive with outtacontrol drunk friends smh

Originally Posted by Juice2352

I think I'm going to cut back on driving late at night...didn't realize so many of y'all drive when drunk
Seriously. I'm shocked at how many people are okay w/ it. I'm pretty sure everyone thinks "It's different for me, but notother people". Clearly they feel that way or they wouldn't do it in the first place.

Sad.

What I don't understand is why they don't just put a Patrol car in front of every bar in America? I mean 90% of the time the people leaving those barsare above the limit.

Originally Posted by YoUNg bR3aD

So my question is how do you feel about driving while drunk??? Do you do it? Have you been in the car with people who have???
i used to do it often, but one day i realized that it jus wasnt worth it. The possibility of hurting someone else or errything else that comeswith that jus isnt worth it

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

What I don't understand is why they don't just put a Patrol car in front of every bar in America? I mean 90% of the time the people leaving those bars are above the limit.

entrapment? sorta? kinda?

no one would go to those bars if that happened

Originally Posted by gnarmyroly

What I don't understand is why they don't just put a Patrol car in front of every bar in America? I mean 90% of the time the people leaving those bars are above the limit.

I think it's more about the cost. There are always cops downtown as is, to have one in front of every bar would take resources from the otherareas of the city. It's not cost effective. And by cost I don't only mean money.

....."why don't you go after some 'real' criminals?, officer?"

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

....."why don't you go after some 'real' criminals?, officer?"
there are always cop cars around the bars down here in college

Just do the speed limit and stay off ur phone!...ill be driving home from work dirty as usual FTL

Originally Posted by Fanatic15

Originally Posted by gnarmyroly

I think it's more about the cost. There are always cops downtown as is, to have one in front of every bar would take resources from the other areas of the city. It's not cost effective. And by cost I don't only mean money.

Not my city...they now have parking cops that patrol the suburbs writing up people who park on the side walk
eyes.gif
"sidewalks must be wheel chair accesible". If law enforcement got thefunds to do that they can enforce bars its not like they'd have to do much just give a breathilizer to drivers coming out the parking garage

Originally Posted by 3miyasaki3

One time i thought i'd help a friend out by being his dd...on the way home he tko'd me with a bottle and i rolled his car. Don't drive with outta control drunk friends smh

im sorry

14e1633fed794db7bcfafcd6333e1e1d072a5ff4.gif

Glad your ok though.

after your first offense, you should lose your license FOR LIFE.

you should never, never, never ever be allowed to operate a motor vehicle under any circumstances.

screw 2nd chances. you don't get a 2nd chance after you've killed someone.
the person you killed doesn't get a 2nd chance to live.

if you somehow are stupid enough to manage to drink and get stopped a 2nd time, you should go to jail for 10+ years. no plea bargains or lawyers, 10 years withno possibility of parole.

if you somehow are stupid enough to manage to drink and get stopped a 3rd time, you should go to jail for life.

I've been driven by people who were buzzed, or drove buzzed myself (2 drinks or something). Never been in a car w/a drunk driver though and never will be..

Ive done it a couple times but never really drunk just a little. I got caught once in march on some bs. cop comes out of nowhere and pulls me over for illegalu-turn, smells alcohol, etc. I passed the field tests too but they still took me in. im on probation for it now. Luckily it will be taken off my record afterprobation because I was under 21 (20) when it happened. I've learned a lot from it tho and would not do it again, even though I know I would have been finedriving, it's just not worth the risk.

Originally Posted by osubass1

after your first offense, you should lose your license FOR LIFE.

you should never, never, never ever be allowed to operate a motor vehicle under any circumstances.

screw 2nd chances. you don't get a 2nd chance after you've killed someone.
the person you killed doesn't get a 2nd chance to live.

if you somehow are stupid enough to manage to drink and get stopped a 2nd time, you should go to jail for 10+ years. no plea bargains or lawyers, 10 years with no possibility of parole.

if you somehow are stupid enough to manage to drink and get stopped a 3rd time, you should go to jail for life.

Okay that is just way too harsh. Life for a 3rd DUI???

I think that they should lose their liscense for a year for the second offense and for the third lose their liscense for 5+.

Back
Top Bottom