DUIs=THE ULTIMATE L

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

I'm extremely paranoid about DUI's
co sign..i've done it a few times..and was extremely paranoid..thinking every car i drive past is a cop

nah that's definitely believable

i got pulled over by two cops in san diego last year, they literally sandwiched me at a stop sign, apparently someone saw me walking to the car drunk andcalled the cops to let them know, smh

i was beyond just 'drunk' i was a mess

i was with a girl, she was riding shotgun we were going to a party, she was sober (yet i drove, wth?)

cops told me to get out of the car, gave me a field sobriety test, i failed the first part, they told me a dui was a bad thing, blah blah, told the chick i waswith to drive and to make sure that i didn't, and left

yeah i can't really have sympathy for that. That's one crime i feel like people deserve whatever is coming to them for what they did.

call me evil but i enjoyed watching alot of these dumb kids i didnt like in hs and college get DUIs

A guy i met in the Corps had like 2 DUIs and still got a job as Motor T operator
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

nah that's definitely believable

i got pulled over by two cops in san diego last year, they literally sandwiched me at a stop sign, apparently someone saw me walking to the car drunk and called the cops to let them know, smh

i was beyond just 'drunk' i was a mess

i was with a girl, she was riding shotgun we were going to a party, she was sober (yet i drove, wth?)

cops told me to get out of the car, gave me a field sobriety test, i failed the first part, they told me a dui was a bad thing, blah blah, told the chick i was with to drive and to make sure that i didn't, and left
Its a great story to have lived through with out the tragedy, cars can be replaced people cant. Yea, dude i was a mess, i could only imagine how iwas driving through my neighborhood drunk, i dont remember that !!+@ at all. I was sweating out beer, i dont even know why i left the party it was stillpoppin. Woke up the next day and thought it was a dream, looked outside and the car wasnt there. SMH I didnt even eat my jack n the box when i got home, i wasdepressed and went to sleep. My dad was heated, i was the kid nobody likes, they spolied kid with the free car thats wrecks it because they dont appreciate allthe free stuff they get. Its crazy how some many people before me have done this, and some many people behind me will do this. Mothers against drunk driving, ifeel for them!!

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

Originally Posted by GingersAintBad

DUIs are serious. I have absolutely no respect for anyone that gets one. Picking up a phone to call a friend or a cab is all it takes to avoid that. Its irresponsible and the potential for damage is immense.
this
perhaps but this is usually easier said than done.

very few people are gonna come pick me up from the bar at 2am.

and taxis are expensive

So is your insurance when you get caught, so are court fees, so are the fines you receive, and I'd rather pay $20 for a cab then know I killed someone.

FROM HER FACEBOOK PAGE

Jail or Medical School?

Today at 4:33pm

I didn't write this, but after my misadventures this weekend, I can pretty much vouch for the accuracy. Except I would add:

Getting out of jail: 200 dollars
Getting out of medical school: 200,000 dollars.

Jail: Several hours a day spent in a 9' x 9' cell with small windows, where you sleep as well.
Medschool: Several hours a day spent in a 9' x 9' PBL room, where you sleep as well during naps and finals.

Jail 1, Medschool 0.

Jail: You get to leave early if you display good behaviour. If you misbehave, you stay the full length of your term.
Medschool: You don't get out any earlier if you display good behaviour. If you misbehave by acting unprofessionally, you stay longer (repeat a year.)

Jail 2, Medschool 0.

Jail: You have to do something pretty horrible to get in (kill a person, rob a bank, etc.)
Medschool: You have to do a lot of pretty horrible things to get in (MCAT, applications, interview, etc.)

Jail 3, Medschool 0.

Jail: You meet cool people, like folks who know how to draw tattoos, make crossbows out of toothbrushes, and survive a jail brawl using a cafeteria tray as a riot shield.
Medschool: Over 99% of the people you meet can do none of the above things.

Jail 4, Medschool 0.

Jail: Nobody bats an eyelash if you're a little rude to somebody.
Medschool: You have to take a class on being nice to people, which only makes you want to be more rude to people, but you're not allowed. So, you secretly live vicariously through a certain Dr. House.

Jail 5, Medschool 0.

Jail: Regular conjugal visits (or so I learned from the movie Office Space)
Medschool: No regular conjugal visits.

Jail 6, Medschool 0.

Jail: No homework.
Medschool: Homework.

Jail 7, Medschool 0.

Jail: If you don't like something, there's nobody to talk to, so it won't get changed.
Medschool: If you don't like something, you have to search amongst the bureaucracy to find out who to talk to, and once you do, it still doesn't get changed.

Jail 8, Medschool 0.

Jail: The feeling of freedom when you leave is like none other.
Medschool: The feeling of freedom when you leave is pretty great, but it's overshadowed by the feeling of having to start residency.

Jail 9, Medschool 0.

Jail: You're surrounded by people who never wanted to be there.
Medschool: You're surrounded by people who competed to be there and are starting to question why they are there.

Jail 10, Medschool 0.

Jail: Physically violated by other occupants in unimaginable ways.
Medschool: Mentally violated by faculty by means of meter-high stacks of textbooks and notes to memorize...in unimaginable ways.

Jail 11, Medschool 0.

Jail: When you complete a jail term, people don't want you in your neighbourhood.
Medschool: When you complete a medical degree, people would love to have you in their neighbourhood.

Jail 11, Medschool 1.

Jail: When you find a job once you're out, people avoid you.
Medschool: When you find a job once you're out, you get called by people at all hours of the night.

Jail 12, Medschool 1.

ohwell.gif
frown.gif
tired.gif
smh.gif

It's worse when you're caught more than once..Happened to my friend's BF and he's doing time for it. (6 mo.-year or something)

I never in a million years thought this would happen but my dad just got arrested for a dui tonight. :smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh:

I can't begin to express how dissapointed I am in him. A grown *** man putting his life as well as others in danger. Never thought this would happen to him.

Dude if he was like .09 he broke the law but he wasn't going to be running cats down and on the wrong side of the road. **** happens man.

A ton of people get a DUI once in their life and learn from it. That's fine. It's when you start racking them up then I see you as an idiot and dude with a problem.

Yea I don't know what his bac was but he's been drinking and driving on and off for 2 weeks now. He has those tiny hard liquor bottles that you get on the airplane in his car and this is the first time he's gotten caught. Sometimes he comes home super late and just knocks out. Since it is his first time hopefully he will learn from it and never do it again.

Oh damn. Well yeah literally drinking and driving isn't cool at all. First one he'll be fine but dude needs to chill it sounds like.

Yea I don't know what his bac was but he's been drinking and driving on and off for 2 weeks now. He has those tiny hard liquor bottles that you get on the airplane in his car and this is the first time he's gotten caught. Sometimes he comes home super late and just knocks out. Since it is his first time hopefully he will learn from it and never do it again.
Do him a favor and clear out all of the bottles from your house and his car.  Sounds like he might be developing a problem, but you can catch it before it's too late.  He should also get a lawyer, not a public defender, because he may have a chance to evade the charges.  My buddy got one when he was under 21 and bounced back, but it's harder to bounce back when you're older, especially if your job depends on you having a license.  If the courts end up hitting him with one, he needs to make sure not to get a second one.  Don't feel bad man, no one's perfect...

Do him a favor and clear out all of the bottles from your house and his car.  Sounds like he might be developing a problem, but you can catch it before it's too late.  He should also get a lawyer, not a public defender, because he may have a chance to evade the charges.  My buddy got one when he was under 21 and bounced back, but it's harder to bounce back when you're older, especially if your job depends on you having a license.  If the courts end up hitting him with one, he needs to make sure not to get a second one.  Don't feel bad man, no one's perfect...

Thanks for the suggestion. Was thinking of getting rid of the bottles in the house also. Will look into getting a lawyer.

My bro has 2 dui's lucky he didn't get any jail time, just lost license for about 1 year. My stepdad caught one after starting to drink again after like 20 years sober. Im lucky to never have caught one because many times i should have smh. Been on my best behavior for a while tho, cant take that kind of set back in Florida, cant get any where with out a car

I just wanted to clarify a few things i have read regarding information about DWI in this thread. Remember this is coming from a New York centric view, so things may be different in other jurisdictions, but should be very similar. The reason I am commenting and providing information on this thread is that DWI is perhaps the most common form of crime that affects individuals of all ages and that are unlikely to have any form of criminal record. 

1. In order to be arrested for driving while intoxicated by alcohol or drugs, you have to be operating a vehicle. By law, operating is keys in the ignition, seated in the drivers seat, engine running. So even if you are wasted at some place and ur like "yo bro lets go sleep it off" and you get into the driver seat of the car and ur like "arg its too cold/hot i need the heat/AC" and you turn on the car, causing the engine to engage, and you pass out, you are now operating the vehicle and can be arrested. Officers look for people sleeping int heir cars with the engine on. They can approach as the vehicle is already stopped and they see a person operating a car and asleep and approach to see if they are ok. Usually they are drunk. Mind you, you can be pulled over in your car for any violation of the vehicle and traffic lawn (i.e. didnt signal when making a left) and stopped and approached by an officer, which leads me to the second point.

2. Officers will make observations of common law indicia of intoxication: smell of alcohol, bloodshot watery eyes, unsteadiness of your feet, lack of coordination, slurred speech, inability to follow directions, coherence, presentation of clothes, demeanor, grogginess, etc.  All this indicia that you can't really hide will be noted. Further officers may ask you questions about your ingestion of alcohol. Further officers may offer you a Portable breath Test (PBT) on scene. Now i have heard from officers that they will offer a PBT on scene and if the person blows less than a .08 they will let them go, and they will inform them of this. However, depending on how many drinks you had you may blow over and be arrested. Subsequently, if you dont blow, you will get arrested anyway. After you are arrested at the scene....

3. You will be transported to the county's Intoxicated Driver Testing Unit (IDTU) testing center where, by statute, you will be offered a breath test using the breathlyzer. if you submit to the test there will be a reading, if you blow properly. people think they can game the breathalyzer, you cannot. There is an audible beep that is heard when you are blowing correctly. If you dont blow correctly for a period of time, or you refuse, your license will be suspended and evidence of your refusal will be used against you at trial. Next you will be offered coordination tests which include a walk the line, one legged stand, and finger to nose test, which will assess your ability to follow directions, balance, and coordination. This will all be videotaped.  Finally you will be processed and arrested. 

4. Depending on how much you blow you may be eligible for a plea to VTL 1192(1) or 1192(2). Most People want 1192(1) as it is a violation, a traffic infraction, and not a misdemeanor. However, prosecutors offices have policies as to what a person blows as to whether or not that is offered. With the (1) usually comes a fine ranging from $300-500 and a Drinking Drivers Program (DDP) which is an 8 week program that you have to pay for through DMV. Usually the standard is if it is over a .12, you cannot get a (1). Which then means you will be offered a 1192(2) which is a class A misdemeanor which is punishable by up to one year in jail.  Common plea offers involve a fine of $500-$1000, a DDP program, and an ignition interlock device (IID), which is the device that you have to pay for and blow into whenever you try to drive your vehicle. Depending on the circumstances of the case and your record, jail and probation may also be sought.  If you refuse to take the breathalyzer, your plea will be similar to the (2) plea but the plea will be to 1192(3).  

If there are any further question regarding anything i didnt cover or what was posted here, do not hesitate to ask.

My father ain't drink in 2 years. Ever since he neglected to pick my sister up from school and instead went to the bar for shots of henny. Found him slumped in car in front of house after police had been called by my sister. Very sobering experience as I never seen him like that before. He didn't even recognize me.

2 close calls with this, i need to smarten up
I hope you get caught.

One of my uncles got a DUI a year ago or so. Son had to drop mad money in fines and school and all this other sutff. I think his car got impounded too, so he had to drop around a stack to get it out. Yea, I don't think I'll ever do something like that. I know never say never, but yo, I'm already frugal as ****, I can't afford to drop that type of money for no reason.

Not drinking ftw?

I hope you get caught.

One of my uncles got a DUI a year ago or so. Son had to drop mad money in fines and school and all this other sutff. I think his car got impounded too, so he had to drop around a stack to get it out. Yea, I don't think I'll ever do something like that. I know never say never, but yo, I'm already frugal as ****, I can't afford to drop that type of money for no reason.

Not drinking ftw?
That was a real ***** thing to say

Back
Top Bottom