DUNE (new film incoming, love the book, also loved the multiple Lynch versions)

FB_IMG_1635791931790.jpg

Just come back from watching it.

Dropped an edible x mushrooms.

Thought my DNA had intertwined with that of the recliner by the time the credits rolled.... My hearing will never be the same again.

Couldn't tell me i wasn't flying one of those dragonfly jawns over the desert when i was driving home from the movie theatre.

Finna start dressing like Kanye Season 1 Yeezy line.

Right now though i'm about to build a pillow fort in the crib and listen to the audiobooks.

Have a great evening.

Wow! I finally watched it. Sucks I was trying to finish the book before it dropped. It ended up costing me missing a premium imax or Dolby showing. Had to watch it in standard :frown:

Regardless I’m surprised how well they adapted the source material. Given the book is still fresh in my head, the film itself helped put the book in perspective. The book is so dense and hard to keep align all characters and drama ahaha. I was anticipating the Jamis duel being the ending and I was surprised it was. Sucks cuz the ending leaves you wanting more, but I’d say that’s the best thing about the movie.

Fantastic movie, I'm really surprised someone managed to adapt the books this well. You can tell Villeneuve is a huge fan and really put in the work to create a faithful adaptation. It's been a long time since I read them but I feel like the movie captured all the most significant parts very well. I remember the books throwing a ton of information, names, etc. at you but I think the movie gets the point across without being impossible to follow for people who don't know anything about the books.

Wanted to go watch watch it again this week but it's only showing in regular format.

No IMAX/Dolby tings because of bum *** Eternals dropping last week :smh:

I'm sick.

Looking back my only real criticisms are Paul's delivery of his rants were kinda wooden, and I didn't really feel the weight of the bene ghesrit plotting because so much fantasy and mysticism already thrown at you, hard to pick out the practical which also includes fantasy and mysticism to carry out.

Back
Top Bottom