DUNE (new film incoming, love the book, also loved the multiple Lynch versions)

I enjoyed the movie. Acting, story, and visuals was great. Didn't see any bad acting other than Mamoa (and it wasn't even that bad).

I never get cgi complaints. Maybe its my eyes cuz I rarely see anything wrong with movie visuals or cgi unless its on the level of tv cgi which is routinely substandard.

There wasn't a ton of chi to take me out of this. From the spaceships, the transport ships on the planet, the landscapes of sand, buildings, and sandworms.

The one thing that looked whack to me were the personal force fields they had but I figured they just following the original since that was extra trash in those movies.
Thing is people don't even notice the best cgi.

Og looks so trash (especially the Baron) don't think I'll ever watch it.

I feel like they used Selassie as a blueprint for Oscar Isaac's character

maxresdefault.jpg

Caught it at home last night with subtitles….I was able to catch some things I missed in the theater…..but boy it just don’t hit the same at home.

if you get a chance, peep in theatre.

I watched Dune (aka DUNC) a few days ago and it basically asked the question science fiction fans have been asking for about 40 years:

What if Star Wars took itself way too seriously?

Yes, I know that the novel came before Star Wars and George Lucas used some elements of Dune in his franchise. (Even from watching this film, you can easily tell which Dune elements were used in Star Wars.)

The cinematography and visuals were great and I didn't really hate anything about the film either.

I'm sure that Dennis Villenueve will dig much deeper into the source material in Part Two and any other sequels that may follow.

Just watched it at home, fell asleep a few times so prob missed some key parts. Visually dope. Theatre no doubt would be much better.

Watching some vids on Dune and Foundation on Apple made me realize why some of these super popular decades old books don't get adapted often. Some wild concepts that would lose it's meaning and still require drastic changes to be palatable.

I watched the first ep of Foundation and it wasn't that interesting. Read that people said it's too different from the book and others like it because changes were necessary to make it into a show.

Yeah and that's the rub, try to make a sensible, accessible movie so you have to make changes and anger some, or be faithful to the book, make a mess and please no one.

Watching some vids on Dune and Foundation on Apple made me realize why some of these super popular decades old books don't get adapted often. Some wild concepts that would lose it's meaning and still require drastic changes to be palatable.

not looking forward to whenever someone tries something ayn rand

I was watching a video pointing out easter eggs in the movie and they revealed a major spoiler that didn't even need to be said. SMH.

I've been a sci-fi fan for most of my life. Matrix got me hooked at a young age. You can see a shift in Hollywood adapting these concepts and books from the source more closely and faithfully. Hell, look at the new Guardians of the Galaxy game. Its loaded with classic sci-fi troupes.

If you are a fan of sci fi books, may I suggest reading Blake Crouch. Recursion and Dark Matter has some wild concepts.

Watched the original earlier this year & watched the latest version as well.
They got rid of the weird & nasty things found in the original.

Back
Top Bottom