DUNE (new film incoming, love the book, also loved the multiple Lynch versions)

I think the attention to detail and how it looked visually, from the scenery to the ships

I didn't find it boring or slow.

His previous movies, I liked Arrival but Bladerunner 2049 was boring and dragged for me.

Saw it last night in IMAX. I have weird mix feelings about it. :lol:
I thoroughly enjoyed it as a fan of the series but if I take a step back and look at the story presented and the information we get from this movie I can see if someone thinks its average.
What I liked:
Visuals - Everything looked stunning. The ships were all cool. Caladan looked dope, the ornithopter looked great, costumes like the still suits. I like how they did the shields, fight choreography was average. I could be wrong but most of the movie was as faithful to the book as it could be for a movie adaptation meant for a general audience but more on that in the dislikes. It was nice to see the attack on the Atreides by the Harkonnen and Sardaukarand it was cool to see Halleck and Idaho in action.

Small gripes: Didn't really explore the Dune politics as much as I thought they would. Maybe because they're not going to make movies for the entire series so they didn't feel it necessary. They don't talk about Mentats at all that I can remember. They cut out Paul realizing his was being trained as a mentat. Not much time spent on the Duke and Jessica's relationship so her sadness at this death didn't hold much weight imo focused more on Paul which makes sense. I felt like Chani was forced into the movie. If I remember right, in the first book Paul has one vision about her then finally meets her a little more than half way into the book. They played the same vision a bunch of times in the movie just to give Zendaya more screen time which I understand. Need to sell the movie.

lets-go_1_1-gif.2878794

"It what comes as no surprise, the sequel for Dune has finally been greenlit for a October 2023 theatrical release with director, producer, and co-screenwriter Denis Villeneuve returning"

Josh Brolin said they would be filming next summer

:rofl:Don’t get in your feels because I think the movie was pure Butt. I’m glad you enjoyed it. Crappy acting, weak special effects, lame action scenes aren’t my thing.

:rofl: :rofl: ain’t been a blatant troll like this foe
A while. Kinda refreshing.

Knew nothing about Dune beforehand. Never even heard of it. I liked the movie. From how often they mentioned the emperor and from other things, I could tell this is the first of many films. Definitely gonna watch again on HBO Max

i’m sure there will be a new fast and furious movie for you to enjoy soon ser. have a good day!

lol that movie trash as well you grasping for straws. You ain’t never seen me post about no FF movie being dope lol. Sorry I hate your movie man. It’s ok though that’s what opinions are for.

Saw it last night in IMAX. I have weird mix feelings about it. :lol:
I thoroughly enjoyed it as a fan of the series but if I take a step back and look at the story presented and the information we get from this movie I can see if someone thinks its average.
What I liked:
Visuals - Everything looked stunning. The ships were all cool. Caladan looked dope, the ornithopter looked great, costumes like the still suits. I like how they did the shields, fight choreography was average. I could be wrong but most of the movie was as faithful to the book as it could be for a movie adaptation meant for a general audience but more on that in the dislikes. It was nice to see the attack on the Atreides by the Harkonnen and Sardaukarand it was cool to see Halleck and Idaho in action.

Small gripes: Didn't really explore the Dune politics as much as I thought they would. Maybe because they're not going to make movies for the entire series so they didn't feel it necessary. They don't talk about Mentats at all that I can remember. They cut out Paul realizing his was being trained as a mentat. Not much time spent on the Duke and Jessica's relationship so her sadness at this death didn't hold much weight imo focused more on Paul which makes sense. I felt like Chani was forced into the movie. If I remember right, in the first book Paul has one vision about her then finally meets her a little more than half way into the book. They played the same vision a bunch of times in the movie just to give Zendaya more screen time which I understand. Need to sell the movie.

This and finally someone took the blinders off. Maybe if I understood the lore it would hit me, Game of Thrones did that to me, but nah this one just ain’t it. It’s was very very very MEH. To be fair I do need to finish it, but I literally fell asleep on it.

Well hold on.
I said I get if someone considered it average based on information and lore presented but I still think the movie is good and I disagree with you about the cgi and acting.
Everything looked great and I thought acting was good.

Well hold on.
I said I get if someone considered it average based on information and lore presented but I still think the movie is good and I disagree with you about the cgi and acting.
Everything looked great and I thought acting was good.

The only CGI I thought looked legit was the sand worm 😂. The acting was hella wooden in my opinion. Again my opinion I ain’t mad at those who love it.

I never get cgi complaints. Maybe its my eyes cuz I rarely see anything wrong with movie visuals or cgi unless its on the level of tv cgi which is routinely substandard.

There wasn't a ton of cgi to take me out of this. From the spaceships, the transport ships on the planet, the landscapes of sand, buildings, and sandworms.

The one thing that looked whack to me were the personal force fields they had but I figured they just following the original since that was extra trash in those movies.

Last edited:
Movie studios had alllllllllll 2020 to make sure all the SFX are immaculate. You dont have to go in a building to make computer generated ****

Villenueve talked about how covid protocols made editing difficult. Had to work with his editor through zoom. For visual effects artists they're probably still very used to working and collaborating in person with their teams.

Movie studios had alllllllllll 2020 to make sure all the SFX are immaculate. You dont have to go in a building to make computer generated ****
You do kinda need a person to go in somewhere with the right tech and computers to make **** immaculate though and that person can't do it without direction.

I think the film should have ended just after the Oscar Isaac death scene..

so we see that ya boy survived

but feel a lot better about it on rewatch

Loved it. Solid 7/8 from me. Wanted to read the book first but i got tired of flipping to the index for all these funny words.

Ferguson killed it as Lady Jessica. I also really liked Brolin's performance and Oscar Isaac.

Timothy chalamet was coo.

Back
Top Bottom