DUNE (new film incoming, love the book, also loved the multiple Lynch versions)

Anything Denis Villenueve I’m watching

His films do look quite great visually but his story telling has kind of dropped off since Sicario.

That said they will have to dumb this movie down quite heavily in order for it to do well as a stand-alone film. DUNE's not an easy read by any stretch as there are far too many sub-plots going on and it only gets worse in subsequent novels.

Might've made more sense to sign Villenueve and the cast to an episodic type release.

I think this joint will probably do worse than Blade Runner: 2049 at the box office.

Official trailer looks good. Original story was always epic in scale & scope. Deep cast for all the various characters. This movie was always just the first half first book start of a series.
What other movie story universe can we get excited about? See what unfolds.

Trailers across all three films.

ImmenseEqualAustralianshelduck-size_restricted.gif

Delayed till october 2021. I wasnt hype about Dune but I hate the fact every single movie got delayed till next year except Tenet.
Props to Nolan and WB

Saw a special showing of the first 10 minutes of the film yesterday…

Bruh, this will shift the look of Sci-Fi like Star Wars did for the next few decades. Never seen anything like this. The scale is MASSIVE.

It’s a necessity to see this film in IMAX.

nobody watched it? it’s a great movie. dark mood. visuals are fantastic. chalamet is pretty good/ok as paul. didn’t get to see zenadaya do much. supporting cast is really great. baron harkonnen is portrayed so well here - dude is like brando in apocalypse. i had no idea this was split up into 2 parts but it became obvious about an hour in. looking forward to part 2.

rating: 6.7/8

Last edited:
A good copy is out alreay? I know a low quality one has been out for weeks.

Back
Top Bottom