DUNE (new film incoming, love the book, also loved the multiple Lynch versions)

i already failed by only watching blade runner 2049 on my comp :frown:
i guess i kept the losing streak going with dune.
hard for me because we have 2 kids and movie theaters are a rarity for us rn.

yah im mostly joking,

but def go to the theater if you can get a chance. Hans Zimmer score+ imax +incredible sound design and visual storytelling. incredibly gripping and enveloping experience.

dune15-640x400.jpg

Photo doesn't do this scene justice BUT

:pimp::pimp::pimp:

so is this basically Star Wars. I know nothing about Dune but it literally just felt like I was legit watching how someone becomes a jedi, overthrows the evil empire, and restore order to the galaxy. If he doesn’t have a light saber in the sequel imma be heated

Watched at home. Enjoyed it a LOT. Need to fire one up and watch in theaters tomorrow now. Everything delivered on all aspects and I feel like watching on subs will enhance this.

Watched at home. Enjoyed it a LOT. Need to fire one up and watch in theaters tomorrow now. Everything delivered on all aspects and I feel like watching on subs will enhance this.

Didn’t even think about that. Hitting a j and watching might be the move. Watched at home with my girl who isn’t really too into stuff like this.

so is this basically Star Wars. I know nothing about Dune but it literally just felt like I was legit watching how someone becomes a jedi, overthrows the evil empire, and restore order to the galaxy. If he doesn’t have a light saber in the sequel imma be heated

kinda, Star Wars was inspired by Dune, among other things.

Think of star wars as the kid friendly/more accessible simple version of dude.

so if you think you are getting the simple boy hero becomes a man and saves the universe story arc, you've come to the wrong place. :pimp:

If this doesn't get a sequel im holding anyone in here who didn't see it in a theater personally responsible. :lol:

im gunna be so man if we don't get a trilogy

Seeing this in the theatre tomorrow

Saturday AM Midday: Refresh for chart and more analysis Dune posted the best opening day for a Warner Bros. theatrical HBO Max day and date title and filmmaker Denis Villeneuve with $17.5M. While Warners is calling the weekend currently at $33M, rivals believes it’s higher in the high $30Ms range which would indicate a record weekend for a Warner HBO Max title and the filmmaker as well. The industry estimate for Saturday’s drop is around -30%. Hopefully the HBO Max of it all doesn’t drag the movie further down as U.S. folks with HBO subscription discover they can watch Dune at home for free. Between Thursday and Friday, there was a significant amount of moviegoers who decided to see Dune at the last minute with 67% of the crowd either buying their tickets the day of or the day before.

Dune‘s Friday is bigger than that of Villeneuve’s previous sci-fi reboot Blade Runner 2049 which saw a Friday of $12.6M, and also that of Legendary and Warner Bros. previous reteaming Godzilla vs. Kong which saw a Friday of $11.8M.

The only film snob on nt I remember is the the guy who said only people like himself could appreciate a movie like The Artist. The guy was always lame but he publicly announced it when he made that post.

Back
Top Bottom