DUNE (new film incoming, love the book, also loved the multiple Lynch versions)

Going to see this in IMAX tonight, good to see all the positive reviews already on RT.

Incredible visuals. The acting was solid all around too. I almost feel like they could have drawn it out longer and maybe broke it up into 3 movies. There is a lot left that part 2 will have to focus on.

Started last night and I agree the visuals were great. But the beginning was pretty slow.

Will continue tonight.

Pretty great in IMAX, glad I went that route and I hope more people did so it meets whatever metric to get the sequel.

Wow not good signs so far for me.

All these posts I'm reading only/mostly talk about the visuals. Not the acting or the story.

Was already gonna keep on HBO max but damn not even enticing me to go to the theater.

I know nothing of Dune but wil see this on IMAX saturday

I used to think Tim was some snobby lil stuck up french kid that the industry was pushing then i saw THIS...........

And i was immediately a fan :lol:

All these posts I'm reading only/mostly talk about the visuals. Not the acting or the story.

Was already gonna keep on HBO max but damn not even enticing me to go to the theater.
The acting is great, solid. Could've already guessed that from the cast though, nothing bad about it at all. Story is good too, solid sci-fi but it's incomplete since there's a sequel so you're not super sucked in, but you do want to see what happens. It's like a Star Wars that takes itself seriously.

the telling of the story was really good imo. like mrswagtastic mrswagtastic said though, i wouldn’t have minded if this were a trilogy. Fozz Fozz said it was slow in some parts but for me, it seemed very mildly rushed in some ways. there is one single part in the movie that paul atreides came off as yikes. it was just one tiny moment and it probably fit in with the storyline but for some reason, i was like ughhh. the acting and visuals are far superior to the original imo but we shall see about the delivery of the story after part 2 comes out.

for context: my favorite version of the original is the fan edit - the alternative edition redux. it’s long but the story is told well there.

they really shoulda shot the sequel along with this.. problem is, you don’t wanna do too much, but you kinda need to just to get butts in seats

probably woulda been better off going game of thrones with it and putting it on HBO as a series, do a couple 6-8 episode seasons

Well, I'll probably watch this tomorrow.

It should be illegal to watch it on a laptop.

get off your ***, support the economic recovery and watch Dune in theater.
You do know WB has okayed this for everyone that has HBO Max right? :lol: They're the ones that don't care if you even watch this on your phone or about the economic recovery

Well, I'll probably watch this tomorrow.

You do know WB has okayed this for everyone that has HBO Max right? :lol: They're the ones that don't care if you even watch this on your phone or about the economic recovery

1. im mostly kidding.

2. I don't care if they don't care.

3. the economic recovery was referring to the service sector, which has been hit hardest by covid.

but seriously.
you are missing out if you don't see this in a theater.

if you can see it theaters, you def should.

Back
Top Bottom