DUNE (new film incoming, love the book, also loved the multiple Lynch versions)

Meanwhile this was his review for Madame Web :lol: 🥴

1709758185221.png

I thought that would make a great series, must've forgot one was already in the works. Sucks to hear it was turbulent though, that's never good.

That show might end up like the mel gibson john wick show no one gave a damn about.

I haven't seen Dune 2 yet but I'm extremely happy that it is getting all the love and attention that it truly deserved even if it came later than never. funny that this took longer to put into fruition over other works that came out and drew inspiration from Dune. so excited to watch it but I have to pass my tests first.

Saw it again today in Dolby Cinema and while the sound was great, my new IMAX theater has some pretty upgraded sound as well. You truly felt the difference in the two movies. The extra screen space in IMAX made such a difference. It looked good in Dolby but it looked beyond belief in IMAX

Completely forgot I washed the first 1 original on hbo max when they were still doing that

Kinda wish I could watch both back to back in imax

Im surprised they didn’t do a marathon. If they do release part one in theaters again as part of a set I’ll be there for sure. Definitely kicking myself for not watching pt1 in the big screen

Excited to rewatch it on Sunday.

i believe some theaters did

they re-released the first one a week before part 2 came out iirc and then some did a double feature the week of

its a limited screening of course because it would have been a 6 hour viewing and theaters would rather make money off of part 2 as those double features are likely arent full capacity

i tried dolby last night and it was full so i checked out dobly and it was full too unless you want to sit in the very front, they didnt even bother putting kung fu panda in those theaters despite its opening night

Yall tryna be strong down that long. Oh hell na.

when the daark knight rises came out i did the marathon that AMC did. I think there was like a 30 minute gap between movies. I think it started like 5pm with TDKR premiering at midnight.

And this was before they started pushing releases back to 10pm instead of midnight because I believe it was TDKR screening that there was a shooting at a midnight release.

It sucks man I used to love the energy of lining up for movies and midnight releases. While i enjoy assigned seating, getting to hang out and chat with fellow fans in line was awesome.

Saw it again today in Dolby Cinema and while the sound was great, my new IMAX theater has some pretty upgraded sound as well. You truly felt the difference in the two movies. The extra screen space in IMAX made such a difference. It looked good in Dolby but it looked beyond belief in IMAX

I hope the same bodes for me at my AMC IMAX. I remember when Dolby was introduced and i was blown away. I haven't been to my theaters IMAX since they did a remodel so i'm excited to see how much better it is if in fact it is compared to Dolby. The Dolby theater was great man the seats rumbled hella during the sandworm scenes.

Agreed, this is definitely an imax film.

I only have 1 theater with the proper screen dimensions within 30 mins of me but I always make the drive. Never have regrets.

Catching it in IMAX tomorrow, I haven't seen pt 1 in a while though. Is there a good YouTube recap y'all could recommend?

Back
Top Bottom