Earth has a twin.

Originally Posted by General Johnson

Is it just me or are these nuggets of information being released very close to one another?

-First the UN appoints an ambassador to extra terrestrials...
-Then the news that UFOs have, in the past, disarmed Nuclear Weapons on CNN...
-Now we have a planet they say has a 100% chance of having life on it...

I feel like they're getting us prepared for something.

The life on the dark side of that planet is probably nothing to play with.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]EXACTLY! I feel the same exact way my friend.. Something is going to happen over the next 5 years [/color]
nerd.gif

Is it just me or are these nuggets of information being released very close to one another?

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]EXACTLY! I feel the same exact way my friend.. Something is going to happen over the next 5 years [/color]
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by Millzhouse719

Imagine if they look exactly like us, but just more intelligent 
laugh.gif

But how do you measure intelligence with someone who has absolute zero knowledge of what we know, and vice versa?

What if their math and science are much more different at ours, or use different techniques altogether?

eek.gif
of course their math is different from ours. just look at ancient systems such as babylonian, mayan, and egyptian number systems. the way math was done in different time periods is completely different from how we do it now. for instance mayan was a modified multiplicative base 20 system. everything is evolutionary, including thought, and evolution is contingent upon location.

even today though in our hindu-arabic system, numbers are merely symbols representing an amount of objects. it doesn't really mean anything, we just give it a meaning to explain the physical happenings in the world.  does that make sense?

it's just a manifestation of our perception.

now science is a completely different set of rules, but you can imagine ...

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

nerd.gif
was just thinkin the same thing. all of a sudden they on the news talkin bout UFO's when they been coverin this !!+! up for the longest. the f is goin on?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

nerd.gif
was just thinkin the same thing. all of a sudden they on the news talkin bout UFO's when they been coverin this !!+! up for the longest. the f is goin on?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by Millzhouse719

Imagine if they look exactly like us, but just more intelligent 
laugh.gif

But how do you measure intelligence with someone who has absolute zero knowledge of what we know, and vice versa?

What if their math and science are much more different at ours, or use different techniques altogether?

eek.gif
of course their math is different from ours. just look at ancient systems such as babylonian, mayan, and egyptian number systems. the way math was done in different time periods is completely different from how we do it now. for instance mayan was a modified multiplicative base 20 system. everything is evolutionary, including thought, and evolution is contingent upon location.

even today though in our hindu-arabic system, numbers are merely symbols representing an amount of objects. it doesn't really mean anything, we just give it a meaning to explain the physical happenings in the world.  does that make sense?

it's just a manifestation of our perception.

now science is a completely different set of rules, but you can imagine ...

It's over 100 trillion miles away though. Won't it be thousands of years before we even get near there?
ohwell.gif
tired.gif

Things like this make me want to live for a long time

It's over 100 trillion miles away though. Won't it be thousands of years before we even get near there?
ohwell.gif
tired.gif

my post got lost, but i think we should create a big dumb huge !$+ #+%%+*% space shuttle.

all the countries in the world give billions of dollars or however much they can into one pot.
on the shuttle, we need to have it capable to sustain life and create food.

on the shuttle, place some of the best/brightest teachers and scientists in the world, mixed with anybody who's willing to go.

then send them out into space towards the planet. of course they'll die, but have them able to reproduce, eventually the shuttle will reach the planet.

pimp.gif

my post got lost, but i think we should create a big dumb huge !$+ #+%%+*% space shuttle.

all the countries in the world give billions of dollars or however much they can into one pot.
on the shuttle, we need to have it capable to sustain life and create food.

on the shuttle, place some of the best/brightest teachers and scientists in the world, mixed with anybody who's willing to go.

then send them out into space towards the planet. of course they'll die, but have them able to reproduce, eventually the shuttle will reach the planet.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by J de PHX

ohwell.gif
tired.gif

word how can they know so much about a planet so far away

Originally Posted by J de PHX

ohwell.gif
tired.gif

word how can they know so much about a planet so far away

Didn't Stephen Hawking say that encountering life on other planets is a turrable idea? I think we should listen to him.

Originally Posted by RoOk

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

Imagine if there is intelligent life over there looking right back at us, but closer.
Probably writing how our planet is just a bunch of hairless monkeys running around thinking that they doing it.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by RoOk

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

Imagine if there is intelligent life over there looking right back at us, but closer.
Probably writing how our planet is just a bunch of hairless monkeys running around thinking that they doing it.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Didn't Stephen Hawking say that encountering life on other planets is a turrable idea? I think we should listen to him.

Back
Top Bottom