Earth has a twin.

35n253b.jpg

I regret being born in the Late 20th Century. We live in a time where we know enough to know how little we actually know. Assuming that we do not destroy ourselves, people living in the Early 31st Century, will look back on our primitive science and technology, They will wonder why someone like myself practiced macroeconomic by alternating between saying "I cannot know" and using crude mathematical estimates. These future humans will marvel at how we once had to face trade off between narcoeuphoria and abstinence from substances (things like cocaine and heroine will seem archaic in an age where you can have pinpoint control over your brain's internal chemistry).

Most importantly, future humans will marvel at the tragedy of our time, where we know that life most certainly exists but we cannot know for certain and worse yet, we cannot engage in super-luminous travel to find life that is surely littered through out the galaxy and the universe.

Humans have chafted under a period of crude living and ignorance for most of our hundred millenia of existence but only now are we so acutely aware of how little we know and how little we could actually do. 

I regret being born in the Late 20th Century. We live in a time where we know enough to know how little we actually know. Assuming that we do not destroy ourselves, people living in the Early 31st Century, will look back on our primitive science and technology, They will wonder why someone like myself practiced macroeconomic by alternating between saying "I cannot know" and using crude mathematical estimates. These future humans will marvel at how we once had to face trade off between narcoeuphoria and abstinence from substances (things like cocaine and heroine will seem archaic in an age where you can have pinpoint control over your brain's internal chemistry).

Most importantly, future humans will marvel at the tragedy of our time, where we know that life most certainly exists but we cannot know for certain and worse yet, we cannot engage in super-luminous travel to find life that is surely littered through out the galaxy and the universe.

Humans have chafted under a period of crude living and ignorance for most of our hundred millenia of existence but only now are we so acutely aware of how little we know and how little we could actually do. 

Originally Posted by Rexanglorum

im lit right now, and i just wanted to say that i dig ur post.
pimp.gif

its like us looking back in the early 19th century when they we're just inventing $#%+ like airplanes, now we have ac130 and all that $#%+.

im lit right now, and i just wanted to say that i dig ur post.
pimp.gif

its like us looking back in the early 19th century when they we're just inventing $#%+ like airplanes, now we have ac130 and all that $#%+.

I think about this all the time! I wish I could just get a quick glance of what will be going on in 30+ centuries. Especially with how fast technology has been advancing it would be absolutely mind blowing to see the knowledge and technology we've gained in the years to come.

I think about this all the time! I wish I could just get a quick glance of what will be going on in 30+ centuries. Especially with how fast technology has been advancing it would be absolutely mind blowing to see the knowledge and technology we've gained in the years to come.

i'm starting to believe we are similar to a computer program ... we get run a bagillion times by "the creator" and each outcome is different depending on the input variables ...

right now on a planet like that one we are all just just living according to that particular set of circumstances ... in one computer program we are given Earth to inhabit, another we are given that planet to inhabit, a shortage of water here, a surplus of food there etc...

when you step back and pause for a moment and truly THINK about what goes on here, you cant but believe in a higher all encompassing "power" ... believe in the big bang all you want (I Do) but someone had to create the things that banged ...

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction ... The Butterfly Effect ... Free Will ... Most of what we learn is based on the fact that we have a choice and that choice creates an outcome ... In this computer program I am getting ready to reply to this thread, in another I may have a different haircut or not be at work or whatever, but my choices still resulted in me responding to this thread ... In another program I never went to the HS I went to my senior year and didnt learn about NT so I'm not reading any of this ...

Deja Vu ...

i'm starting to believe we are similar to a computer program ... we get run a bagillion times by "the creator" and each outcome is different depending on the input variables ...

right now on a planet like that one we are all just just living according to that particular set of circumstances ... in one computer program we are given Earth to inhabit, another we are given that planet to inhabit, a shortage of water here, a surplus of food there etc...

when you step back and pause for a moment and truly THINK about what goes on here, you cant but believe in a higher all encompassing "power" ... believe in the big bang all you want (I Do) but someone had to create the things that banged ...

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction ... The Butterfly Effect ... Free Will ... Most of what we learn is based on the fact that we have a choice and that choice creates an outcome ... In this computer program I am getting ready to reply to this thread, in another I may have a different haircut or not be at work or whatever, but my choices still resulted in me responding to this thread ... In another program I never went to the HS I went to my senior year and didnt learn about NT so I'm not reading any of this ...

Deja Vu ...

This is getting us ready for some 2012 @@$*. Here in L.A. on the local news they had a special on about UFO's and even showed footage. I was with fam and we had a serious discussion about Aliens.............. that's NEVER happened in my fam. I'm now about 85% sure that when UFO"s are unveiled its gonna be the government. They are planting the subconscious trigger in general populations consciousness to accept beings in A disk to arrive. They are releasing all these movies with hostile aliens and people are going to go crazy and boom Armaggedon and the final move towards a one world government............... or the Annunaki are coming back and the sent out scouts to shut our nukes down. Is the Large Hadron Collider a Stargate? I can't @@%$!@% wait till 2012 so we can all laugh at how silly we were.

This is getting us ready for some 2012 @@$*. Here in L.A. on the local news they had a special on about UFO's and even showed footage. I was with fam and we had a serious discussion about Aliens.............. that's NEVER happened in my fam. I'm now about 85% sure that when UFO"s are unveiled its gonna be the government. They are planting the subconscious trigger in general populations consciousness to accept beings in A disk to arrive. They are releasing all these movies with hostile aliens and people are going to go crazy and boom Armaggedon and the final move towards a one world government............... or the Annunaki are coming back and the sent out scouts to shut our nukes down. Is the Large Hadron Collider a Stargate? I can't @@%$!@% wait till 2012 so we can all laugh at how silly we were.

Originally Posted by throwedyonasb

Originally Posted by Tony Goalie

Ya _s need to get out of space.

roll.gif

nahh bruhh.  you gotta get on that futuristic level
pimp.gif

I'm already living in that 31st century with that futursitc fly *@!* some unknown rapper once told me about
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by throwedyonasb

Originally Posted by Tony Goalie

Ya _s need to get out of space.

roll.gif

nahh bruhh.  you gotta get on that futuristic level
pimp.gif

I'm already living in that 31st century with that futursitc fly *@!* some unknown rapper once told me about
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SiMPLYDiMPLY

its kind of crazy to think about. life is seriously, all about location. everything about the way we are is a result of our location. so it's kind of funny to me for people to assume that development and evolution is uniform across the universe...(nothings gonna change my worlllldddd lol).. just as evolution across the world isn't necessarily uniform, and we are on the same planet. so how can one say that it (life in other galaxies) requires the same things as we require? (light, water, co2, o2)

the conditions that we exist in (our earth) will probably never be recreated precisely 100%. even though this planet G bears a lot of similarities, the conditions are not 100% the same. perhaps the varying percentage made all the difference, and developed in a completely different way, with different chemicals and necessities for life?
Agreed. I've always thought this. Good post.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by jjsrf

You're a fool if you believe we're alone in the universe
Absolutely.
I wouldn't call someone a fool for not believing it. But I definitely agree that there is no way we're alone.

Back
Top Bottom