East Coast NTers...First an Earthquake, now a Hurricane? Vol. Irene

My family is heading upstate I live in far Rockaway in a tall building so I will just ride it out.

092237W5_NL_sm.gif

Irene is capable of utter destruction in Manhattan, and across long island.

Well damn... it just got real

I hope it swerves off to the east and dies off into the upper Atlantic... please don't wreck Northeastern America
tired.gif

I'm in NY...and I'm hoping this thing dies down...I don't wanna deal with the aftermath and all the craziness...hopefully it's just some rain

Breaking News on CNN said winds could pick up to 115 MPH in NYC 
eek.gif

roll.gif

I'm bracing myself for some heavy !$% rain, that's about it. Lazy Sunday will be in full effect!

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

I'm in NY...and I'm hoping this thing dies down...I don't wanna deal with the aftermath and all the craziness...hopefully it's just some rain

This.

Houston head here, and I just want to tell you guys to be safe if you're in the path of this Hurricane. I seen my fair share of Hurricanes. Don't take it lightly.

I'm supposed to be heading back to school on Sunday, freshmen move in on Saturday.
I would imagine that the school would move up the moving in dates in times like this
30t6p3b.gif

nah this is serious. they're gonna shut down all public transportation in nyc on saturday and demand evacuation from coastal areas, which are obviously the hardest hit.

my mom lives on LI and she's surrounded by huge trees. she's pretty scared. doesn't help that she's in front of the weather channel all day

this ain't to be taken lightly

thank god my local mom n pop said they will have madden fiday afternoon/saturday morning the earliest.

aint goin out sunday, plus nothing on tv sunday

Checking in from VA. Hope it's not that big. I remember I could barely handle Hurricane Isabel a few years back
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by SNEAKERKING757

Ever since I was a kid, I've always been excited, rather than worried, at times like this. 
laugh.gif

My body is ready.
This. Don't know what it is. I actually enjoy stuff like snow storms 
laugh.gif

But like you said, 

Y'all stay safe NT fam, I was in the direct path of Irene about two days ago in WPB, FL but luckily it veered off to the right and we didn't get anything outside of a few showers and some wind. Hopefully that cold front stalls a little to help push Irene futher off into the Atlantic but it doesn't look like it from what I saw in the weather channel.

Just prepare accordingly and don't take the storm lightly cause it looks like it could do some serious damage.

Originally Posted by Jello B Afro

nah this is serious. they're gonna shut down all public transportation in nyc on saturday and demand evacuation from coastal areas, which are obviously the hardest hit.

my mom lives on LI and she's surrounded by huge trees. she's pretty scared. doesn't help that she's in front of the weather channel all day

this ain't to be taken lightly

That's the crazy part to me, that they're going to shut down all public transportation early Sat afternoon I think Bloomberg said.  Or was he keeping the lines that are near areas needing to be evacuated open until they get everyone out?  If it's that bad, you'd think they'd shut the market down if that continues into Monday.  I don't even remember if they shut down all the train lines during 9/11.

Anyone in Hudson county NJ? How are you guys preparing?

I really don't know if I should take this serious or not. Everytime they say something like a Tornado watch or Hurricane watch, it never happens.

NT NYC/NJ summit during the 'cane?

Living right off the beach is going to suck. Is it better to keep all windows closed? Man, I hope its just some crazy rain+winds and nothing is damaged.

Stay safe

Back
Top Bottom