Eating Alone

%$!+ feels akward..

but thats how i meet bittys
devil.gif

I do everything alone, I was an only child for 20 years of my life so people always give me the shook look when I tell them I go to the movies, mall, and eatalone. I remember this one chick would not let me go to SF alone, because she didn't believe I wanted to go alone. Silly broad just slowed me down. Beingalone is cathartic.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

I do everything alone, I was an only child for 20 years of my life so people always give me the shook look when I tell them I go to the movies, mall, and eat alone. I remember this one chick would not let me go to SF alone, because she didn't believe I wanted to go alone. Silly broad just slowed me down. Being alone is cathartic.

I do the same thing.
pimp.gif
I hate getting slowed down.

I do this.

I don't mind at all. I usually just eat at the bar and chat it up with strangers or the bartender.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

breakfast/lunch is ok

dinner is a no.

You're telling me in college you called up your friends for every dinner?

If you're in a rush and have things to do, socializing should not be a priority. Eating a resturaunt by yourself is not a good look though.

damn on the way home from school i was hungry as hell so I stopped by soup plantation (
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
)

mind you this was the lunch hour so it was packed with all these people, so they sit myself in a table with 4 seats.

i start grubbin, enjoy the delicious chicken noodle soup, finish up my salad and such then i get me a dessert ... as I come back the hostess was seating afamily of four to my table while they were cleaning it.

i was standing with my ice cream cone filled with vanilla topped with caramel wondering what I should do, then the hostess looks at me and says "omg,i'm so sorry you weren't done?"

smh.gif
bounced with my ice cream and took some muffins on the way out.

embarrassing as hell the family of 4 lookin at me like ... get outta here loner.

Originally Posted by kangaroobombs

Originally Posted by kix4kix

I do everything alone, I was an only child for 20 years of my life so people always give me the shook look when I tell them I go to the movies, mall, and eat alone. I remember this one chick would not let me go to SF alone, because she didn't believe I wanted to go alone. Silly broad just slowed me down. Being alone is cathartic.

I do the same thing.
pimp.gif
I hate getting slowed down.
QFT.
pimp.gif

I'm the only one of my friends that doesn't really care about eating alone. One friend thinks it's sad to see someone eating alone, but I do itregularly on my days off and everyone else is working.
On a side note, I used to think watching movies by yourself was sad, but someone explained why he went alone. "It's not like you talk during themovie. You ask people later on if they've watched it and discuss it afterwards anyway." Besides, I wanna watch the movie, not hear you attempting towhisper.

Usually during break at work. And whenever someone comes eat with you, that kills most of the break time.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Most NTers will have you believe that doing this makes you a loser, however.
And they'd be stupid. I do this more than often because my dudes don't live on campus and my schedule runs late. If I'm hungry I'mnot going to starve because my %!!%%@ don't want to go to the dining hall. I bring my iPod, a book and my BlackBerry to keep me occupied. Sure people lookbut whatever.

I swear the kids on here are so self conscious

I do this all the time (probably as often as I eat with a group of people). I'm actually going out to eat by myself tonight since I'm out of town forwork. Not a big deal IMO.

I've gone to both restaurants and to the movies alone. Not akward for me at all. Sometimes my wife will be out of town, so it'll just be me and ourson. I'll get up and get him ready for school, and once he's on the bus, i'll hop in the car and go to this local restaurant for breakfast.I'll bring my ipod and the newspaper and just chill. Great way to get some ME time that is scarce these days. The same goes for a movie. If the lil man isat school and wifey is at work or out of town, i'll catch that matinee flick so that I can get home in time to catch my lil man when he gets off thatschool bus. Again, i just get my popcorn or nachos, and a drink and grab a seat and get my chill time in. Both are ways that i decompress from the stresses oflife.

Back
Top Bottom