Eating Alone

I went to McDonalds a couple weeks ago to get a quick bite and I felt like everyone was staring at me
laugh.gif

I eat lunch on campus all the time by myself. I just watch Curb Your Enthusiasm on my netbook and I don't even pay attention to other people.

Generally I won't go into a sit-down restaurant by myself, just easier to order take out and come back to my place, but I don't see anything wrong withit.

Originally Posted by the north west

I do it all the time

I'm too old to be worried bout what other people think or calling people to see if they want to get food with me

Co-sign

i just went thru with this on monday..i didnt go home on my break so i decied to grab something to eat, aint really nothin to it, i just in cafe on the iphonechillin an eatin..

i wouldnt do it only cuz its boring... if i did do it i wouldnt mind it if it were at a bar while watching a game.... other than that i rather be in thecomfort of my own home to eat if im going to eat alone...

I do it all the time, but only at lunch time, I enjoying sitting alone and away from people...

Originally Posted by DMan14

grab some quick breakfast/lunch, i do it once in awhile. eat my food, read the paper
at a sitdown restaurant...not sure about that, lol
This. If I go alone I always have a magazine or something to keep me occupied so I'm not staring at peopleto waste time.

do it all the time.

in high school and younger it would be pretty lame.

once you get out in the real world, its pretty normal.

I do it on my lunch break damn near everyday. I only did it once at dinner, but it was in Cancun and I damn sure wasn't buying one of those sluts RuthChris

I do it all the time. I will dine in and eat alone too. I can careless when I'm hungry.

Sometimes you just have to do it. I do it at times (I'm in college), it's really no biggie when other people do too.

I wouldn't eat alone at a sit-down restaurant though...like a CPK, BJ's, etc.

Originally Posted by G I Jeaux

Originally Posted by kangaroobombs

Originally Posted by kix4kix

I do everything alone, I was an only child for 20 years of my life so people always give me the shook look when I tell them I go to the movies, mall, and eat alone. I remember this one chick would not let me go to SF alone, because she didn't believe I wanted to go alone. Silly broad just slowed me down. Being alone is cathartic.

I do the same thing.
pimp.gif
I hate getting slowed down.
QFT.
pimp.gif

I'm the only one of my friends that doesn't really care about eating alone. One friend thinks it's sad to see someone eating alone, but I do it regularly on my days off and everyone else is working.
On a side note, I used to think watching movies by yourself was sad, but someone explained why he went alone. "It's not like you talk during the movie. You ask people later on if they've watched it and discuss it afterwards anyway." Besides, I wanna watch the movie, not hear you attempting to whisper.

Yea, but I hate when I'm watching a comedy, something real funny happens, and I'm laughing, lookin around the room to see who else is laughin...andrealize there aint no one else there. Like
laugh.gif
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

I think the more questionable questions is going to the movies by yourself. I have done that once cause I had a free movie ticket that was going to expire and that was kind of awkward since it was an old movie and there was only like me and another couple. Eating food by yourself isn't really that odd....

laugh.gif
I do this plenty of times, everyone has certain things that helps them"get away" or "re-focus" one of them for me is going to the movies. People think its weird but to me its the same as watching tv byyourself.

There is a nice sushi joint with a bar etc in my area that I go to by myself once every couple of weeks. It actually feels real good
pimp.gif
. I live a pretty fastlife (full-time work/college) so having some time to actually sit down by myself and take my time and eat great food is >*

Its just funny how when I roll up in sweats by myself people act like I broke the law or something
smh.gif
laugh.gif

i dont mind eating by myself. but back in high school and in the beginning of college, i used to feel uncomfortable eating alone, but as i got older, i justdidn't care anymore.

Originally Posted by chino905

i dont mind eating by myself. but back in high school and in the beginning of college, i used to feel uncomfortable eating alone, but as i got older, i just didn't care anymore.

*THIS*

It is amazing what living long enough teaches you

what the hell

dudes are so insecure, i eat alone all the time.. never at a real fancy place but at the pizza joint or local spot i'll grab a sub and a slice and justchill there, eat and watch whatevers going on in the street, 9 times outta 10 someone i know will pass by or come through the pizza shop anyway

Originally Posted by smoke ya later

done it before and it is mad awkward. Sometimes I rather just take the food to my car during lunch breaks and listen to ESPN radio.

Back
Top Bottom