Emerald Griffey Max I's For the Summer! (EDIT Pic Up)

Will ~ I'm fairly certain the airbags are volt. The windows on those look a bit cloudy... could be the lighting though

Will ~ I'm fairly certain the airbags are volt. The windows on those look a bit cloudy... could be the lighting though

those are some pretty good OG's Dimez
pimp.gif

The air bags on the og's were white. Age yellows them tho, so for all you guys wanting that, I guess you can wait till your retros yellow too hehe.

The air bags on the og's were white. Age yellows them tho, so for all you guys wanting that, I guess you can wait till your retros yellow too hehe.

Originally Posted by Trydan

Im Really Starting To Believe That Myself... The "Volt" Appearence Could Be Due To The White Inside The Bubble Starting To Yellow... Causing Them To Have A Yellowish Tint... White Or Volt, Im In... This Is One Shoe I Wont Be Upset With When The Bubbles Yellow...
pimp.gif

Im Really Starting To Believe That Myself... The "Volt" Appearence Could Be Due To The White Inside The Bubble Starting To Yellow... Causing Them To Have A Yellowish Tint... White Or Volt, Im In... This Is One Shoe I Wont Be Upset With When The Bubbles Yellow...
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Rod301

pimp.gif

wow thats what all yall thought was volt... it always looked like yelllowed old air bags to mee 
roll.gif

i bet it has to sit for quite a while for this to happen tho

Originally Posted by Rod301

pimp.gif

wow thats what all yall thought was volt... it always looked like yelllowed old air bags to mee 
roll.gif

i bet it has to sit for quite a while for this to happen tho

Originally Posted by Fresh Like Will

Those are the first OG's I've seen where the air unit isn't completely yellowed. Were the air unit's always clear or were they actually volt?

Maybe the "volt" air unit's were an effect after massive yellowing.

nope they're clear.

Originally Posted by Fresh Like Will

Those are the first OG's I've seen where the air unit isn't completely yellowed. Were the air unit's always clear or were they actually volt?

Maybe the "volt" air unit's were an effect after massive yellowing.

nope they're clear.

This is what I thought I remembered, but it seemed like a consensus that they were neon so I didn't say anything 
embarassed.gif

laugh.gif

This is what I thought I remembered, but it seemed like a consensus that they were neon so I didn't say anything 
embarassed.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by larrivee7

embarassed.gif

laugh.gif

now i know

but man, the yellow looks great to me

never had an air unit yellow on me before

embarassed.gif

laugh.gif

now i know

but man, the yellow looks great to me

never had an air unit yellow on me before

Wow, these are def a necessity.

And
eek.gif
at the OG bubbles being white instead of the group think consensus that they were volt.

laugh.gif

Wow, these are def a necessity.

And
eek.gif
at the OG bubbles being white instead of the group think consensus that they were volt.

laugh.gif

Yep, they used to be as white as the highlights over the airbags on the midsoles are. I think what yellowed on them was the interior plastic lining of the airbag itself, which you cant even see once the outer lining starts to cloud over with rot from the polyurethane breaking down. I can see how people would mistake age yellowing for aged volt if they never had or saw the originals tho.

These are some of my old wdywtd pics that show the bubbles up close:

Sadly, these arent wearable anymore and now sit on the shelf. This retro is dropping just in time imo.

Yep, they used to be as white as the highlights over the airbags on the midsoles are. I think what yellowed on them was the interior plastic lining of the airbag itself, which you cant even see once the outer lining starts to cloud over with rot from the polyurethane breaking down. I can see how people would mistake age yellowing for aged volt if they never had or saw the originals tho.

These are some of my old wdywtd pics that show the bubbles up close:

Sadly, these arent wearable anymore and now sit on the shelf. This retro is dropping just in time imo.

embarassed.gif

laugh.gif
Haha, no way!  I could have sworn they were volt!  I just don't know anymore... I'm losing my mind. 
embarassed.gif

laugh.gif

embarassed.gif

laugh.gif
Haha, no way!  I could have sworn they were volt!  I just don't know anymore... I'm losing my mind. 
embarassed.gif

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom