Eminem's Recovery v. Ross' Don sales

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

Eminem has a cult following that would buy anything with his name on it. What did you expect?
laugh.gif

No rapper will outsell Em until they find a way to speak to White America like like he has, the non white person that could do that was MJ, no rapper can pull that off

No rapper will outsell Em until they find a way to speak to White America like like he has, the non white person that could do that was MJ, no rapper can pull that off

Originally Posted by lyrikill

I would give my opinion, but I don't wanna be called a "racist"... AGAIN

I would give my opinion, but I don't wanna be called a "racist"... AGAIN

u dudes on NT are something else.... it seems like unless your a Jay-Z, Kanye, Wayne or a Drake u won't get love on here... dudes sicken me i swear

u dudes on NT are something else.... it seems like unless your a Jay-Z, Kanye, Wayne or a Drake u won't get love on here... dudes sicken me i swear

Can I get cuz he's white for $500 Alex?

Can I get cuz he's white for $500 Alex?

Originally Posted by Tha Flashy One

eyes.gif

You're an Interscope stan, though.

Originally Posted by Tha Flashy One

eyes.gif

You're an Interscope stan, though.

Yea by no means is what Em doing because he's a great artist or does it dictate how good Recovery is. Fact is, he's filling the same void for this generation that Elvis filled. A white artist who's good as making music in a genre that's dominated by blacks. Its nothing new. Every generation has one. That's not hate. That's just truth. Props to Em though. But what he's doing is what's to be expected. When his mixtape went platinum I was already well aware of the type of impact Em had.

Eminem could give away this album for free and people would still pay 20 dollars for it.

Yea by no means is what Em doing because he's a great artist or does it dictate how good Recovery is. Fact is, he's filling the same void for this generation that Elvis filled. A white artist who's good as making music in a genre that's dominated by blacks. Its nothing new. Every generation has one. That's not hate. That's just truth. Props to Em though. But what he's doing is what's to be expected. When his mixtape went platinum I was already well aware of the type of impact Em had.

Eminem could give away this album for free and people would still pay 20 dollars for it.

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Originally Posted by rocyaice

people do know that relapse' sales fell off pretty badly after the first 3-4 weeks or so right.

he never had a hit single on the radio until LTWYL. and this album leaked, and the interest INCREASED after the leak.

basically, recovery is a great album and people are recognizing it. if he put out another relapse, it wouldn't sell like this.

Back
Top Bottom