====== EPIC Flyknit Series ======

These aren't great for running. There's no stability and responsiveness. Does Nike even make good performance shoes anymore? My $65 New Balance Zantes are light years better than these for actually running in.

These aren't great for running. There's no stability and responsiveness. Does Nike even make good performance shoes anymore? My $65 New Balance Zantes are light years better than these for actually running in.

what?!?!

they are great for running

those New Balances look like you should be power walking around a mall at 8am

Last edited:
what?!?!

They're a good runner for a small subset of people. Most people cannot (and should not) wear neutral shoes to run.  All Nike makes is neutral and their stability shoes are seriously lacking in quality stability tech. So if you have any bit of pronation, you cannot wear Nike to run or risk hurting yourself.

The way you train, recover, and listen to your body has bigger impact on injuries than what category of shoes you run in. If you overpronate but perform well and have had no injuries with a neutral shoe, no reason to change what works.

I have low arches and am categorized as an overpronator, but I've ran in neutral shoes such as the Frees, FK Lunar, FK Racers, Lunarepics, Saucony Kinvaras and Virratas, and Ultra Boosts with no problem. The last stability shoe I ran in was the Lunarglide 4

what?!?!

New Balances are outstanding if you tend to over pronate and/or prefer shoes with wider toeboxes. After 7 or 8 miles the extra room in the toe area is a necessity. For $170 plus, which is what the LunarEpics cost, I expect a better performance runner. They look great for casual wear though.

The way you train, recover, and listen to your body has bigger impact on injuries than what category of shoes you run in. If you overpronate but perform well and have had no injuries with a neutral shoe, no reason to change what works.

I have low arches and am categorized as an overpronator, but I've ran in neutral shoes such as the Frees, FK Lunar, FK Racers, Lunarepics, Saucony Kinvaras and Virratas, and Ultra Boosts with no problem. The last stability shoe I ran in was the Lunarglide 4
If you can easily and healthily run in a nike free or flyknit racer, you are a neutral runner and have a very rare foot.  90% of people should not be wearing them.  That's why Nike always told people to work their way up in nike frees from an hour a day to a few hours a day so your foot adapts. They cut all of that out and just said wear them.  Have you ever seen people just walking around in those neutral shoes and constantly overpronating? Very few have the correct foot. 

View media item 2358508
This is from an adidas gait analysis using those shoe sensors that show that I overpronate and recommend I run in a stability shoe.

All I'm saying is that just because one overpronates, doesn't mean that they should exclusively run in stability shoes if they want to stay healthy.

The best way to really determine is to actually walk and run in them for a handful of times. This is really where the value of specialty running stores come in because they typically have treadmills where you can run in them and genereous return policies that allow you to return them after running a few in them.

View media item 2358508
This is from an adidas gait analysis using those shoe sensors that show that I overpronate and recommend I run in a stability shoe.

All I'm saying is that just because one overpronates, doesn't mean that they should exclusively run in stability shoes if they want to stay healthy.

The best way to really determine is to actually walk and run in them for a handful of times. This is really where the value of specialty running stores come in because they typically have treadmills where you can run in them and genereous return policies that allow you to return them after running a few in them.

I completely agree with you. I run I LG7s which are really a neutral shoe at the end of the day and I'm fine. Mainly because I stick to a treadmill.

Im more talking about the extreme minimalist shoes like frees and racers that can really do damage to people who shouldn't be wearing them. Even just walking. I saw a guy at the gym walking in fees and he pronates terribly. Looks like he was falling down.

I know the achilles problem has been an issue for a lot of people especially with the LE1 highs. I tried to break them in and that wasn't working, but one day I was in a hurry to get out the door and forgot to put on socks and the achilles rubbing was non-existent. I wore them again for a few more times after that without socks, no problem.

I finally decided to run in them (10 miler), and these are amazing. Ventilation is fantastic ( you can really feel it with no socks), cushioning is plush and held up after a long period of time. I have no idea why no socks even makes sense to work, but it does for me. I know some of you guys can't get over not wearing socks but give it a try. 

I know the achilles problem has been an issue for a lot of people especially with the LE1 highs. I tried to break them in and that wasn't working, but one day I was in a hurry to get out the door and forgot to put on socks and the achilles rubbing was non-existent. I wore them again for a few more times after that without socks, no problem.

I finally decided to run in them (10 miler), and these are amazing. Ventilation is fantastic ( you can really feel it with no socks), cushioning is plush and held up after a long period of time. I have no idea why no socks even makes sense to work, but it does for me. I know some of you guys can't get over not wearing socks but give it a try. 

Damn thats interesting. I'll try wearing my lows with no socks later this week when my heels heal

are there any pics of what the clothing will look like for the Gyakusou stuff dropping? is there a thread for that stuff?

are there any pics of what the clothing will look like for the Gyakusou stuff dropping? is there a thread for that stuff?
IMO the clothing never looks good and is way overpriced.  There should be a lot online soon.  Nike will have a ton of fit pics.

Forgot to post a pic of these when I got them a few weeks back. Theyre very nice in hand. The pearl swoosh is a nice touch.
Nice! Are those id or that unreleased colorway we were talking about a month ago?

Are the Gyakosou green or blue, daaaamn i need those :D :D :D :D 

Nvm just saw one is men and the other women 

Last edited:
^ id still try to get them early though :lol: many times Nike has done the unpredictable. But since they are releasing on ndc and not SNKRS, I'm assuming (you know what that can mean) they will have plenty of stock.

Back
Top Bottom