Exotic Animals on the Loose in Ohio

I'd like to know why they didn't tranquillize them. But the fact that this man had all these animals in the barn is sad too.

Man I'm not an animal activist but that picture got to me...
tired.gif
Couldn't they have just set up a cage with raw meat and trap them in there?

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy

This is their reasoning

Officers were ordered to kill the animals instead of trying to bring them down with tranquilizers for fear that those hit with darts would escape in the darkness and soon regain consciousness.

"These animals were on the move, they were showing aggressive behavior," Sheriff Matt Lutz said. "Once the nightfall hit, our biggest concern was having these animals roaming."

i said the same thing on twitter this morning at 9 am

i wonder if they cremate them or if i can get some tiger and cheetah burgers

eek.gif

Originally Posted by Hizzle

iceman3699 wrote:
I don't understand the need to kill them, couldn't they have put them to sleep

I think killing them does put them to sleep.

roll.gif

All you people asking about tranquilizers act like officers just cruise around with these things in their car. The longer the police let these animals run wild the greater chance they had of attacking someone.

Originally Posted by frostythepoptart

yall are stupid. THEY ARE LIONS TIGERS AND BEARS. (oh my) out of a fenced area, capable of entering rural / urban areas. shoot to kill, can't risk them getting shot, running off, taking their nap, and waking back up.
Word! There's people's lives at stake. This ain't a !+@*+@ safari

All the girls on FB are carrying on about this. Hello PUBLIC SAFETY. Tranqs take 30mins to fully kick in on a 600lb tiger. You wanna dance with it til it drops? Come on now!!. Cops aren't trained or equipped to handle large predators. Further more a rural-%#% area in OH doesn't have the funding to take care of said animals for a few weeks to all the logistics would've been squared away. The state/county is at fault for not seizing these animals with all the violations the dude had. Just be glad no one got hurt as of yet by one of these animals.

People don't realize how unpredictable wild animals are. Just cuz they spent the past 4+yrs in a cage does not mean, they will see a human as a caregiver. And god help you if you run and turn on the predator/prey mechanism is their brains. It's a wrap.

Seriously, why are some people assuming that the cops were just out to kill these animals just for the hell of it.
Given the circumstances it was probably, the safest, quickest, and most logical solution to this problem.
I doubt anyone truly wanted to see all the animals killed, but it's just foolish to think
that regular city cops would be equipped to deal with something like this, and even more foolish
to wait on someone who is while they roam free.

To everyone saying why didn't they use tranquilizers, would you have volunteered to walk around at night searching for an extremely pissed off lion/tiger that you just shot? No I didn't think so.

Originally Posted by AR Guy

To everyone saying why didn't they use tranquilizers, would you have volunteered to walk around at night searching for an extremely pissed off lion/tiger that you just shot? No I didn't think so.

why the hell would i want to go to ohio to begin with

Given the circumstances don't have a problem with them killing the animals.

Apparently the man who let them all loose killed himself afterwards because he was just released from prison, but had court orders and whatnot
eek.gif

30t6p3b.gif

I'm not surprised NTers in this thread wanted the animals to be captured alive.
In that thread involving a hypothetical situation of getting stuck in a 10x10 room with an alligator, jaguar, or anaconda, NTers were convinced THEY COULD CHOKE A JAGUAR WITH SHOE LACES!!!

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

I'm not surprised NTers in this thread wanted the animals to be captured alive.
In that thread involving a hypothetical situation of getting stuck in a 10x10 room with an alligator, jaguar, or anaconda, NTers were convinced THEY COULD CHOKE A JAGUAR WITH SHOE LACES!!!

I remember that thread...many laughs were had...
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom