F yall Dressing Better cats...name a better...

Originally Posted by spacerace

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Boat shoes on concrete
tennis shoes not on a tennis court.
basketball shoes not on a basketball court.

basketball shorts with no basketball court in sight. 

slippers on concrete 

seewhatididthere?
laugh.gif

dudes are so damn analytical (no shots 2 NTer, VeryAnalytical) 

yeah, but Boat shoes insinuate owning something

the rest are just sports.

and Ksteezy, you own LV imitation chuck taylors, smh

Originally Posted by spacerace

Boat shoes on concrete
tennis shoes not on a tennis court.
basketball shoes not on a basketball court.

basketball shorts with no basketball court in sight. 

slippers on concrete 

seewhatididthere?
laugh.gif

dudes are so damn analytical (no shots 2 NTer, VeryAnalytical) 

Originally Posted by Diego

PersiaFly wrote:
The maturity question:

That part of it is all about social construct (note that I never made the point about maturity, but I do agree with it).

To me part of maturity is understanding what is frowned upon in society, and staying away from it. When you mature, you stop speeding through your neighborhood, you turn down your music a bit, etc.

Dressing better is part of that, although to me it's much less of a big deal. Society has decided in most places, for better or worse, that a certain degree of formality is appropriate when one leaves their house. Basketball shorts and a t-shirt are about as unformal as it gets, so they're deemed to be somewhat immature.

This is where I think ksteezy's point about "not giving a damb" comes in. It's not necessarily that you're wrong for what you wear, but you are certainly going against what society views as a mature manner of dress. Does this matter? It's up to you. You don't have to give a damb what society views as mature, but maybe you do.

Also, to make clear, I personally wear basketball shorts and a t-shirt out of the house often, but I feel like I probably draw then line at a different place. Grocery stores, post office, friend's place, picking up food = no problem. Any sort of sit down place, school, movies, = a bit more formal.

In this regard I do care what society views as appropriate, because to me it's a matter of respecting others and respecting social mores. Not judging anyone that feels differently.

Biggest crock of #@%! Ive seen in a while.

cosign has to be one of the dumbest post in this thread.

you wasted your time to write that whole post bc it was constant contradicting  

PersiaFly wrote:
The maturity question:

That part of it is all about social construct (note that I never made the point about maturity, but I do agree with it).

To me part of maturity is understanding what is frowned upon in society, and staying away from it. When you mature, you stop speeding through your neighborhood, you turn down your music a bit, etc.

Dressing better is part of that, although to me it's much less of a big deal. Society has decided in most places, for better or worse, that a certain degree of formality is appropriate when one leaves their house. Basketball shorts and a t-shirt are about as unformal as it gets, so they're deemed to be somewhat immature.

This is where I think ksteezy's point about "not giving a damb" comes in. It's not necessarily that you're wrong for what you wear, but you are certainly going against what society views as a mature manner of dress. Does this matter? It's up to you. You don't have to give a damb what society views as mature, but maybe you do.

Also, to make clear, I personally wear basketball shorts and a t-shirt out of the house often, but I feel like I probably draw then line at a different place. Grocery stores, post office, friend's place, picking up food = no problem. Any sort of sit down place, school, movies, = a bit more formal.

In this regard I do care what society views as appropriate, because to me it's a matter of respecting others and respecting social mores. Not judging anyone that feels differently.

cosign has to be one of the dumbest post in this thread.

you wasted your time to write that whole post bc it was constant contradicting  

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I swear to GOODNESS, DC is one of the most fascinating folks ever to grace this board.
laugh.gif

What we know:

-Spends $2.38 per week on groceries
-Infatuated with Will Bynum
-If he has a daughter, he will disown her by the time she's 3.
-Doesn't believe in v-necks
-Tariq > Jesus
-Loves adjusting 2K sliders
-Hates the Gallery Place goons
-Will never spend money on a woman
-Coupons, coupons, coupons...

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I swear to GOODNESS, DC is one of the most fascinating folks ever to grace this board.
laugh.gif

What we know:

-Spends $2.38 per week on groceries
-Infatuated with Will Bynum
-If he has a daughter, he will disown her by the time she's 3.
-Doesn't believe in v-necks
-Tariq > Jesus
-Loves adjusting 2K sliders
-Hates the Gallery Place goons
-Will never spend money on a woman
-Coupons, coupons, coupons...

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I just dont get how bball shorts with nike slides some long socks and either a hoodie or t-shirt drives girls wild but at the same time women are complicated creatures. And it goes without saying that it's just comfy lounge wear at the max.

Never my style but i'm more

t-shirt
camo/khaki below the knee shorts
white dunk low's
low cut socks
fitted

I just dont get how bball shorts with nike slides some long socks and either a hoodie or t-shirt drives girls wild but at the same time women are complicated creatures. And it goes without saying that it's just comfy lounge wear at the max.

Never my style but i'm more

t-shirt
camo/khaki below the knee shorts
white dunk low's
low cut socks
fitted

reach-out-hand-300.jpg

just accept your hypocritical ways. 

reach-out-hand-300.jpg

just accept your hypocritical ways. 

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

The maturity question:

Lady Gaga - Immature?
Andre 3000 - Immature?
Joakim Noah - Immature?
Steve Tyler - Immature?
Jay Z when he rocked a Durag at the Grammys - Immature?

I guess when rich people do it, its cause they have a "unique sense of style" but when hood folks do it, "they are immature".

Wear what you want bro, but dont try to make it seem as if your ideologies make you better or more adapted to society than anyone else.

it's not even that.. see the dudes over here @ Silicon Valley on casual Fridays.. 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 @ dressing better cats not taking us seriously. #4@% outta here. 

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

The maturity question:

Lady Gaga - Immature?
Andre 3000 - Immature?
Joakim Noah - Immature?
Steve Tyler - Immature?
Jay Z when he rocked a Durag at the Grammys - Immature?

I guess when rich people do it, its cause they have a "unique sense of style" but when hood folks do it, "they are immature".

Wear what you want bro, but dont try to make it seem as if your ideologies make you better or more adapted to society than anyone else.

it's not even that.. see the dudes over here @ Silicon Valley on casual Fridays.. 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 @ dressing better cats not taking us seriously. #4@% outta here. 

Another thing, when did it become cool to wear camo clothes again? I thought only people from West Virginia wore camos. I am so out of touch with your Hyper dudes.

Another thing, when did it become cool to wear camo clothes again? I thought only people from West Virginia wore camos. I am so out of touch with your Hyper dudes.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

i dont know but black socks and some foams or those knicks Pennys
embarassed.gif
devil.gif
pimp.gif
glasses.gif

it just looks so damn comfortable

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

i dont know but black socks and some foams or those knicks Pennys
embarassed.gif
devil.gif
pimp.gif
glasses.gif

it just looks so damn comfortable

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

im not sure if you're serious or if you're just on a serious troll spree.

im not sure if you're serious or if you're just on a serious troll spree.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Those are boat shoes? Man those are some damn slippers. I had slippers like that in middle school. I wouldn't dare wear those out of the house. Man I seen somebody wear those with some sweatpants and other people were going crazy. At that point I was like, "I don't get it."

Just curious, where the hell do you live that people go crazy over boatshoes, sperrys are just as fancy as the hanes white Vnecks man
laugh.gif
You don't see people lining up for them like Js but for the preppy and a lot of upper middle class + they are a staple.

Back
Top Bottom