F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Just read somewhere that McLaren are parting ways with their engine consultant. Oh dear. :\

mean.gif
tired.gif

Bring in Mario Illien to fix this... 

To be fair, all the drivers are in Barcelona right now... surely a lot of them were there last night... 
laugh.gif

Painful, boys.  I just don't get it.  Feels like 2015 all over again.  Though 2015 was probably worse.  2015 spec 1.2.  New engine, new everything... 2 steps forward, 1 back. 
tired.gif

I bet, that Mercedes will show their full potential in Melbourne and they will be faster than Ferrari.

Looks like they have problems with their update.

If they don't sort it out then i see them being close behind Ferrari.

If they do sort it out then I see them being just ahead of Ferrari

At least the car hasn't broken down but it didn't last season and Lewis had all sorts of issues during the season.

So what will you guys say is the order of the top three and why.

Mr order is:

Ferrari
Mercedes
Red Bull.

Red Bull's long run pace looked a lot slower than Ferrari's and the renault engine seems to be behind the other two's so I'll put that in last place for now.

Mercedes look good with their reliability but their long run pace is in the air since its testing and they normally run with more fuel.
I'm putting them second because their updates didnt seem to work as planned so I think they'll be a couple tenths behind once they turn the engine up.

Ferrari on top because everything is working. Vettel was sand bagging and Kimi said they could go faster.
Updates seems to work as well.

Mercedes

Ferrari

Williams 

Mercedes in my opinion was going slow for the tests and hiding their potential. For Q3 in Melbourne they will be up to 0.5 seconds ahead of Ferrari.

Ferrari second, because I don't trust their progress. Usually they look good at testing, but can't prove it in races.

Williams third, because the new regulation helps them a lot. They can cover their weakness in the corners now. Their drivers are a disadvantage imo.

So after some races and with the right development Red Bull should take their place.

Merc-Ferrari

RBR

Tag Heuer, obvs being the variable keeping them there.  Still not sure where Merc and SFM stand.  Both were probably sandbagging and won't be showing their hand till the FP's.

RBR will fancy the high downforce circuits as usual. 

Not quite certain at this point. Probably Singapore again. Maybe Malaysia or Suzuka? Maybe even Spielberg. Hopefully my plans for a holiday in the summer push through.
wink.gif
A nice selection to choose from! 

Suzuka gets my vote! 

Back
Top Bottom