F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Congrats to Vettel.

Awful strategy from Mercedes.
Kimi is driving horrible compared to Vettel.
I feel bad for Nando, he was so close to get a point.

Very good race! I became sebs fan in the recent years.

I wonder why lewis didnt try to catch seb with only 6 sec ahead and so much laps left ?

I think mercs still faster than the ferrari but not like last year.

Its going to be a great season!

I wonder why lewis didnt try to catch seb with only 6 sec ahead and so much laps left ?
That's the thing... they weren't fast enough.  He couldn't catch Seb and it wasn't for a lack of trying.  He was also on much older tires... had pitted earlier than the other front-runners. 

That's the thing... they weren't fast enough.  He couldn't catch Seb and it wasn't for a lack of trying.  He was also on much older tires... had pitted earlier than the other front-runners. 

Is it safe to say ferrari is faster than the mercs now?!

with an awful strategy and not the fastest car on track lewis and bottas needs to bring their A game every race. :smh:

also as a Honda fan I really want for mclaren and honda to get this ish right ASAP!

Coming out of testing, a lot of people were saying Ferrari had made a huge step and were possibly faster than Merc.  Hard to be definitive on this cuz depending on the track, each car could be better or worse.  

As for the strategy, it seemed like Lewis was struggling with his tires during the end of his 1st stint, hence why he chose to come in.  

Honda really need to get their act together.  2 steps forward, 1 step back.  The problem (and it might be a JPN cultural or corporate thing) is that they want to work out the issues themselves rather than hire outside help.  This makes any sort of progress much slower. 

I think Merc still has the Ferrari on outright pace, but the Fezzas are kinder to the tyres, hence the better race pace. Surprising, since it's been reported how much less tyre degradation this season's tyres are. Seb said he can push more and go deeper with these cars as well

Yeah, from what I've read, I think the tyre deg isn't as extreme as is more gradual... no more falling off the cliff.  So in Lewis' case, he had to pit early cuz his tyres were gone... but in the past, he might have lost more time cuz the dropoff was more sharp. 

Hahahahahaha...

C8yowhCUQAEfFgi.jpg:large

I read that they're sticking with the original schedule!  This could get messy.  

I read that they're sticking with the original schedule!  This could get messy.  

Yeah, they decided later on that evening to continue as scheduled. I just hope they don't need to use the medical chopper this weekend. *knocks on wood*

I still haven't seen these cars on track due to being on holiday and poor weather.

Missed quali but man what a battle we have on our hands this year. I don't feel comfortable with Merc though.
Still feel Ferrari are on top.

Lauda admits he was betting on a Vettel pole

[h2]Niki Lauda revealed he had bet on Sebastian Vettel to grab pole position for the Chinese Grand Prix.[/h2]

Lauda, a Mercedes non-executive chairman, claimed after qualifying that he had bet team boss Toto Wolff 10 Euro that it would be the Ferrari driver who would emerge on top in the grid-deciding session.

Vettel ended up losing out to Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton to pole position, however, costing Lauda his money.

"I bet to Toto 10 Euro on Vettel, because he really looked quick in the car, everything was right," Lauda told Sky after qualifying.

"But Lewis, thank God, pulled out one of his special laps."

Vettel, the winner of the season-opening race in Australia, finished just 0.186s behind Hamilton, who took his sixth pole position in a row.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/lauda-admits-he-was-betting-on-a-vettel-pole-891049/

:lol: :lol:

Last edited:
Lewis :smokin

Saw some nice maneuvers!

The atmosphere on the podium was really nice. Eyeryone showing respect and having fun.

Back
Top Bottom