F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Not necessarily so... each car works their tyres differently. I think they said that Merc turns on the Ultras faster, but will also wear them down faster. So with RBR starting on SS, it should make the undercut more interesting.

That party mode :sick::smh:

Hope the fezzas can give them a run at race pace tomorrow.

Good to have the F1 back :pimp:

We always knew about Mercedes qualy mode but it being called "Party Mode" has made some people pissed off :lol:

Hoping for a good race tomorrow. It will be very tight.

Thankfully, I think everyone's race-pace will be closer... certainly the top 3 as well as the midfield.

Funny how Lewis denied that he used a different mode in Q3... but Toto later said that there was one. :lol:
Mind games already!

I think he was referring to the jump in time from his first timed lap to the second because people were discrediting the second lap even though the first was slow due to some life being taken out of it because he was on a hot lap when Bottas' crashed.

It's definitely different mode from Q2 to Q3 though.

Ferrari B team :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: Gutted for Haas, though. :\

That wiped that smile off his face :rofl: Hamilton stans gonna say this one doesn't count :rolleyes

Conspiracy! :lol:

Lewnatics will have no problem with taking the lead had it been the other way around.

Fernando and Stoff. :nthat:

ESPN had adverts constantly. It was my backup since my Sky F1 Stream died but at least they used the sky commentary.
They still showed the race while the adverts were going on but obviously the audio was for the advert and not the race so it was annoying.

As for the race, Seb got lucky:lol:
He was only in that position because he couldn't live with Kimi and Lewis in the first stint. Also dunno what happened to Kimi once the softs went on.

Lots of positivesfor Merc. Fastest car with pace in hand. Ferrari had the better pace at this stage last year.
Ricciardo got the fastest lap though so not sure how they compare in the Red BUll

Bottas and Max had a race to forget.

In the grand scheme of things, this was a good result for the show. Merc has the fastest car on the grid, no doubt... so moving forward, Ferrari or RBR getting a lucky win will make the championship battle more exciting. Merc's gonna win the whole thing, but I don't want to see them pull away from the start. At least a Ferrari win here will keep them on their toes a bit.

I think Max had car damage, which caused the spin. Bottas' race was over the moment he crashed. It's the track... tough to follow, even harder to overtake.

Haas was so unlucky, but their race pace looked genuine.

Yeah. Haas looks good. McLaren should be targeting them not Red Bull :lol:

Anyway, I've been watching on FOX+. Pretty good quality stream that comes with my cable subscription. Wish I had Sky F1 this part of the world still, though. Not sure if I'm subscribing to that new F1 streaming service.

At least you guys get the option of the F1 streaming service.
Only option for me is Sky and its very expensive

In the grand scheme of things, this was a good result for the show. Merc has the fastest car on the grid, no doubt... so moving forward, Ferrari or RBR getting a lucky win will make the championship battle more exciting. Merc's gonna win the whole thing, but I don't want to see them pull away from the start. At least a Ferrari win here will keep them on their toes a bit.

I think Max had car damage, which caused the spin. Bottas' race was over the moment he crashed. It's the track... tough to follow, even harder to overtake.

Haas was so unlucky, but their race pace looked genuine.

Not so sure with it being a 3 horse race and with the cars being harder to overtake. I think it will be harder for Merc this year.

Yeah. Haas looks good. McLaren should be targeting them not Red Bull :lol:

:lol:

That's ok... Merc ultimately still has the faster car... it'll make this season more interesting.

That mechanic's leg. :sick:
But that was a pretty thrilling ending. Didn't think Seb had it. Expected Val to be much more aggressive on that move into T1.

STR tho............. very impressive by GAS.

Good recovery by the McLarens. Lucked into it again, but gotta take what you can get.

Back
Top Bottom