F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Looking at the start again, Bottas just stayed in a straight line.
He didn't bother to pick up the tow from Lewis and lost 2nd place as a result.

He needs more of a fighting spirit IMO.

Rewatched this. I think he didn't get behind Lewis was probably cuz he was concerned someone might have gotten on his inside line for a lunge into T1. The initial phase of his start, he was well ahead of Seb. It was during the 2nd phase, like around 5th-7th gear when Seb overtook him. I guess he could have been more aggressive and pushed Seb out wide, but he would have risked getting right behind Lewis and rear-ending him. Anyway, it's easy to breakdown split-second starts, but I guess I can see what he was doing...

Watched GRO's onboard and he should have gotten a harsher penalty. His car was in the middle of the track, sideways and then he decided to plant his foot on the throttle... lighting up the rears and dumping a whole load of smoke into oncoming traffic. He didn't need to floor it at that point... dangerous.

"Normally you don't get the chance to revisit these kind of decisions that are made," he said.

"But we did now with the day that we had today, and I think the result is that, if we had the normal tyres on Sunday, we'd probably even be worse off.

"So I think it was the correct call, and it was our fault not to have the same tire wear or life as other people."

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id...ves-ferrari-problems-spain-were-not-due-tyres

DdQELoeW0AIjM8l.jpg

Pirelli vindicated?
They and Mercedes got a slating this weekend but it looks like it was the right call and it wasn't the reason for Ferrari's slump.

That being said though, I wish there was more consistency with the tyres but then again it may spice up the championship so I dunno.

Last edited:
Guys, I'm really trying to find some posters that aren't just Ferrari, I promise :lol:

But the guy who does these is so good. I wish he did other teams

k_CUYHaLS8xtnTUhWDAg_R5JFVOWYOnNynYIvhM64Q4.jpg

I nodded off a little, i'm not going to lie. I normally can't get enough of F1 but man that was dire.

The Leclerc crash came too late, not even crashtappen made it exciting.

On to Canada.

very disappointing result for McLaren. I expected much more from them.

Bottas did a nice job for Mercedes though

What a start :wow::wow:

Disappointing stuff for Stroll the hometown kid :smh:,at least both drivers are okay though. Looked like a bad crash

What a boring race. The new rules for 2019 can’t come fast enough.

Highlight of the race was probably waving the checkered flag one lap too early

Didnt think Canada could be as boring as Monaco.

Terrible weekend for Lewis but wasn't helped by the fact that he had a dead bird in his brake duct in qualifying and cooling issues in the race.
Canada and animals :lol:

I don't think Mercedes can do anything about the Diva this season. They will need to rely on Ferrari to mess up it seems.

Completely missed the race (I was on a plane), but looks like I didn't miss anything. Welp.

Wow is there no tv channel that broadcasts it in your country? Eurosport is showing it in Germany.

Would be nice if Toyota lets the cars drive against each other

We used to get it on Eurosport, but our service provider dropped that channel a few years ago. Since then, I've been watching it via YT streams.
Toyota are miles in front in terms of pace. Let's see what they'll do. They obvs want to win it... but winning it with ALO will be a bonus. Unfair to car #7, no doubt.

Back
Top Bottom