F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Toyota 12 laps ahead from the best of the rest... :sick::smh:

Just get the Alonso win so we can stop talking about it already :lol: Alonso putting in the work through the night though :pimp:

Didnt think Canada could be as boring as Monaco.

Terrible weekend for Lewis but wasn't helped by the fact that he had a dead bird in his brake duct in qualifying and cooling issues in the race.
Canada and animals :lol:

I don't think Mercedes can do anything about the Diva this season. They will need to rely on Ferrari to mess up it seems.
I haven't been following F1 that much for like the past 2 seasons, who's the diva?

Toyota 12 laps ahead from the best of the rest... :sick::smh:

Just get the Alonso win so we can stop talking about it already :lol: Alonso putting in the work through the night though :pimp:
At least he pulled his own weight... his night stint was mega.

But what about those WEC rules though... stint-lengths and refueling?! And what about car #8's spinning wheels in the pits???

2/3's to the Triple Crown! Surely Nando will be going to Indy for a full season next year?

I haven't been following F1 that much for like the past 2 seasons, who's the diva?

the car itself is the diva. Toto Wolff has named last seasons car "diva", because it sometimes behave unforeseeable. For example because of the tires, asphalt, temperature, racetrack layout etc.
The "window" in which the Mercedes car works flawless is very small. If the setup does not fit perfectly to every detail, the diva will appear.

-2tFTp-ger8jtbGaky8tzW8HcUypH0XVqKXc-XE5pyk.jpg

Using a track with that many configurations for a GP.

I think even Kimi missed one of the corners... braked for a corner that wasn't part of the track.

k_Cn61dqt_JLu1f_CVvebg_XHJ0r_Qjf_Kz_TLw_Ir_J13du_Odus.jpg

Not confusing at all.

Perez tyre failure is weird.

Reminds me of a more confusing Yas Marina track.

Perez failure was due to incorrect assembly of a retaining hub of some sort. Not driver error. Team fined accordingly.

Didn't think it was ever gonna be a driver error. It was weird cuz he did and outlap without issues.
Happened a few too many times tho.

Anywho... Spec 2.1 or whatever it's called. Could end up being a very boring race.

Great result for Mercedes! Hopefully they can bring 1-2 home tomorrow

Ferrari won’t be happy about Kimi... same goes for Haas with Grosjean

Race will be boring though. No chance with the chicane.

mS2aCbn.jpg

XNDA album cover :lol:

Solid drive, had pace in hand.

Max's cut in the track to get in second was hilarious but solid drive by him. He's been quietly doing his thing recently and collecting points. Ricciardo needs to be weary.
He needs to sort out his qualifying because Max without mistakes would be a force to reckon with.

Dunno what is happening to McLaren and now seeing that the tire wasn't fitted on properly. Sad to see them in this state.

I won't be harsh on Vettel, I think 5 seconds was a fair a penalty.
Did ruin Bottas' race though.

Leclerc to Ferrari next year I hope. Star in the making.
Grojean...:stoneface:

As for the track, I enjoyed it actually. lots of overtakes and the run off lines stopped being an issue. Happy for this track to stay.

Last edited:
Lewis :pimp:
It’s a shame how Vettel ruined Bottas race. IMO the 5 second penalty is a joke...

I still don’t like this track at all :lol: edit: but I admit that it was better, than I expected

Last edited:
Dunno what is happening to McLaren and now seeing that the tire wasn't fitted on properly. Sad to see them in this state.

I read that too, but he also ran 4 laps on that tyre so I think it might have been a suspension problem.

I don't buy it and I hope it doesn't happen. They don't need each other. Plus, Kimi won't make the McLaren faster. They need to fix their car problems first... as well as their managerial structure problems. Get a good car and then the good drivers will come knocking on your door. Mind you, I'm a Kimi fan and was devastated when he left for Ferrari.

Anyway... this is incredible.

BOT with a super pole today... too damn fast.
Shame about VET's penalty... these silly errors (by him and his team) are gonna cost him a shot at the title. 3 place pen.

Good effort by ALO, but hope those sausages won't destroy our car. :rolleyes

Bottas :pimp: Lewis :pimp: Mercedes:pimp:

I'm surprised that they really had the balls to give Vettel a penalty. 100% right decision from the stewards imo and I won't complain about Vettel's gift :rolleyes:lol:

Back
Top Bottom