F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Amazing turn of events and result for Mercedes coming off Silverstone. They're back on top of the constructors standings

Vettel celebrated a win in front of Lewis's home fans and now Lewis gets to do the same,funny how things work out

Great job from him coming from 14th to ending up on top of the podium with a bit of luck

Wow, what a race.
Lewis stint on the softs was Mega and his pace on the ultras once it started raining was really good too.
Mercedes seems to have gotten rid of their tire issue but that straight line deficit to Ferrari is still big.

Still though it means this is going to be a close championship where no one can make any mistakes at this rate.

Lewis' pit call was one of the strangest team radio I've heard in my time in F1 :lol:
Also don't know why Ferrari didn't call Kimi in straight away once the safety car was out.

10 races to go and it's going to be a nail biter to the finish.

The irony. :lol:

DipbuGyWsAAPkGU.jpg

"Mercedes had the best engine for four years, but now Ferrari does," he told Auto Bild.

"They should accept that and not wash their dirty clothes. At Red Bull, we do not participate in these rumours. We know what Sebastian (Vettel) can do, including in engine development.

"He has made sure that Ferrari overtook Mercedes," Marko added.
http://www.nextgen-auto.com/Red-Bull-not-questioning-Ferrari-legality,129153.html

No way Marko said this. :lol:
I refuse to believe.

Anyway as much as I'm supporting Mercedes, I have to hand it to Ferrari and I kinda like the chase the rest will have to begin to catch up.
Not only that but they have another engine upgrade too. Relentless upgrades.

Hungary will be a whitewash with Red Bull also being good here.
Merc will need to do the rain dance again.

Disappointing for Vettel, but what a huge disaster for RB.
Ric not even in Q3 and
Where was the pace of Verstappen???

Looks like Verstappen has been called to the stewards.

I'm not sure about the weather tomorrow or the long runs for both cars but I expect Ferrari to start fast as usual so the Mercs need to be on point.

^
haven't read about the Vestappen incident yet. I'm pretty sure it's because of blocking Grosjean. I don't quite remember if it was in Q2 or Q3, but when I saw the scene live it was a clear block to me.

Strategies will be very interesting tomorrow. With the long way until the first corner + only starting from P3 and P4 I expect Ferrari to start on Ultras.
Mercedes has the biggest disadvantage in terms of pace on the Ultra. The longruns did not look bad for Mercedes on the harder tires.

Also quite interesting: will the teams go for a 1 or 2 stop strategy?

Looks like they're saying no rain + heat... but with Mercs on the front row, they can control the race!
Action could be in the pitstops over or under cutting! This'll be interesting!

ZZZzzz race... but Ferrari shot themselves in the foot when they botched Seb's stop. Would have loved to have seen that fight with Lewis.

Was looking bleak this weekend but great job by Lewis.

I Feel for Bottas, he was doing a good job but just hit the cliff. I think he was pitted too early to be honest.

Toto has to be my favorite team principal. He's expressions are the best :lol:

Lewis needed that cushion because come Spa and Monza, Ferrari with their engines will blitz them. It's going to be tough.

Back
Top Bottom