F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Seeing rumors that Seb's been offered a 1 year deal with McLaren, hope it's true but Daniel would be a great shout too to replace Sainz

I doubt, that he would accept a 1 year deal with any team (aside from Mercedes). Two years should be the minimum, because he probably wants at least 1 year under the new regulations.

And I'm not sure, if he's willing to move a step back (without being disrespectful at McLaren and Renault). He might retire with the option of coming back in a year or two (like Alonso).

I heard it's a good fit cuz he speaks Spanish and Italian and also because he can be a number 2 and not want no1 status like Danny ric

How many Teams has Sainz been in. I feel like he's worn every colour :lol:

Daniel and Lando in the same team. That would be fun
Vettel and Ocon as possible team mates. Could be the Perez/Ocon fireworks all over again even though I can't see Vettel moving to Renault.

I'm loving this.

Don't think anyone saw the talks between Seb and Ferrari to breakdown so fast and so soon. After that, all the dominoes started to fall. And here we are.

Let's see, Carlos has been with STR, Renault, McLaren and now, Ferrari. Quite a journey. Similar to Alonso... Minardi (now STR), Renault, McLaren, Renault, Ferrari and McLaren.

^ an ousted RB Academy driver if you think about it! If RBR thought he was good enough, they wouldn't have released him to Renault!

Very interested to see who will emerge as Ferrari’s #1. The Scuderia will favor Charles, but Carlos could be just as, if not more talented than him.

I'm fairly certain Charles will be their unofficial #1. Charles is well-embedded in the team and it's, pretty much, his now. Carlos is the new guy will play a Bottas-like role. Good enough to scoop up any points and perhaps the occasional win, but not to distract Charles.
Unless Carlos pulls a Lewis/Fernando situation.

Will this be the lowest amount of wins for a Ferrari driver pairing ever?

Even if we go racing and Leclerc wins a couple of races, this will be the lowest that I can think of in recent history.

This is pretty cool.

Last edited:
I'm fairly certain Charles will be their unofficial #1. Charles is well-embedded in the team and it's, pretty much, his now. Carlos is the new guy will play a Bottas-like role. Good enough to scoop up any points and perhaps the occasional win, but not to distract Charles.
Unless Carlos pulls a Lewis/Fernando situation.

Exactly. Carlos will be the #2. He will be able to win a race here and there, but for the WDC they will put everything on Charles.

I fully agree that Ferrari will favor Charles, their academy product. That said, I think you guys might be underestimating Carlos’ ability to snatch the top spot.

No, def not underestimating Carlos. But we can be pretty certain the team will always side with Charles first... new parts, better strategy, future cars will be designed to accommodate him more, etc.

Ricciardo to McLaren is done. Contract is signed.

Source is the same German site, that reported about Vettel first.

"FUAT: Renault has been talking with Alonso for weeks. A deal is difficult because Alonso is requesting guarantees Renault may not be able to give him."

It's all kicking off. All the journos will be licking their lips.

So Vettel is out from the sounds of it. 4x Champ at 32 years old with no seat in F1. wow.

Alonso returning and partnering Ocon sounds tasty too.

Back
Top Bottom