F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

If Seb really wanted to, I’m sure he could have worked something out with McLaren or Renault. He didn’t like the McLaren deal so he didn’t sign.
Point is, with the right deal, Renault or McLaren would have had seats for him.

A (usually very reliable) german F1 journalist said, that Vettel didn't want to go to McLaren, because Seidl and Zak told him they would probably need 3 more years to fight for the title. Vettel is not interested in such a project at this stage of his career. He wants an immediate chance for the WDC. So I can't see him at Renault at all. I think he's retiring, with the option of coming back later.

Never going to happen but man would it be a dream seeing Sewis on the same team :lol:

They seem to have developed a pretty warm and respectful relationship/bromance over the last few years so I doubt it would become as contentious as it did with Nico.

He's probably gonna retire since it's tough to really see him joining Renault or another team that would have an opening but I thought it was interesting for Toto not to rule anything out when asked about Seb leaving the Scudetti

Same Vettel who turned into Lewis in Baku 2017. "When did I do dangerous driving?" :lol:
I think there would be fireworks :lol:

Toto is just saying that but honestly Bottas is perfect for them.

Vettel to me will never be an underdog because of his 4 championships so him entering Mercedes is just a risk of tarnishing his legacy even more.
I think Renault is the best place. Take the gamble on 2022

This is going to be Mclaren from 2021 :lol:
I'm going to enjoy this.

For the Macca and Ferrari fans. Are you happy with your signings?

A (usually very reliable) german F1 journalist said, that Vettel didn't want to go to McLaren, because Seidl and Zak told him they would probably need 3 more years to fight for the title. Vettel is not interested in such a project at this stage of his career. He wants an immediate chance for the WDC. So I can't see him at Renault at all. I think he's retiring, with the option of coming back later.
Exactly what I read too. Seb ain't got time for that. A McLaren and Renault seat was available to him, but realistically, only a Merc seat was gonna cut it for him... and Toto ain't got time for that Sewis madness.

As a Macca fan, my 1st choice was to keep Carlos and Lando... Danny and Lando was my 2nd choice.
I'll always despise Ferrari, but I'm genuinely happy for Carlos. Ferrari comes knocking on your door... how do you not say yes?

Also... this is a fascinating look at Ferrari as a team. One of the youngest driver lineups I can remember, with a combined number of wins at 1, I think? Charles only has that one win at Monza, IIRC.

😢

Last edited:
^2 wins, Charles won at Spa and Monza last season.

As a Ferrari fan, I love our new driver line-up. Carlos beat Danny as “best of the rest” last season. I think he’s going to flourish in red.

Crazy to think that Charles is 22, Carlos is 25. He has more experience than Charles, yet Ferrari are fully backing Charles right now.

I know what I'm watching tomorrow apart from all the reaction to the driver market news :lol:

Brazil 2008 watchalong with Massa!

Very classy of him to do this. It'll be good to get his point of view.

Binotto about Sainz: "He is a solid driver, reliable. He brings home points during the race, he fights. I think that for us he is a great driver to put along to the pure talent of Charles, which we want to make grow and win."

"He is a strong, reliable driver that has scored many championship points during races, and I believe that for us, he is a great driver to be paired to the pure talent of Charles, so that he can grow and win."

This is the same quote but from Autosport with slightly different wording which sounds more like they're saying Sainz can grow and win by being paired with Charles.

2 in Austria
2 in Silverstone

Red Bull track vs Mercedes track

Max vs Lewis

This will be tense

I know what I'm watching tomorrow apart from all the reaction to the driver market news :lol:

Brazil 2008 watchalong with Massa!

Very classy of him to do this. It'll be good to get his point of view.

This was tough to watch near the end.
I've never watched this race with so much pity before. His dad was watching it too.
If him and Kimi could've swapped places in 07 and 08, I would've taken it but then again Kimi suffered a lot with the early Mclarens in that decade.

Have you guys felt pity when the opposing team or driver lost the championship?

I never felt for Nico in 2014/15. But I did for his wife though :lol:
Never felt for Vettel at all in 17/18 either. 4x world champand all that.

Last edited:
She'll learn to take her keys next time :lol:
Good thing it wasn't during the race or she'll have been waiting longer.

Back
Top Bottom