F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

The consequences are very harsh but sounds like he hasn't been performing anyway.
I can't imagine Ferrari or Red Bull sacking Max or Charles if they did that.

It may not be a real race but he should've treated it like a PR event which I'm sure would be in his contract.

I didn't think YouTuber pranks gone wrong will affect a racing driver but 2020 continues producing all the wrong goods.

I can see it from both sides.
I think he genuinely wanted to give the sim guy a chance at racing the other guys. He wasn't hiding anything and it wasn't an attempt to cheat a win. I believe him.

But for Audi and their sponsors, this is an official event... even Unicef is a part of it... so for him to have an 'impostor', it just looks really bad.

Ultimately, it wasn't anything malicious... just a stupid move... and now he has to pay the price. It's a damn shame.

Lol wut?

The big teams will be the ones who are willing to spend the full amount they’re allowed to spend. If there are even 10 teams moving forward, I doubt more than half will be willing to be spend the full 135-145m. Andrew better pray that Mr. Stroll and Aston Martin give him the war chest needed to compete.

I think this will be the first time where teams that perform well will not be rewarded as the lower-teams will now be allowed more wind tunnel dev time. Unprecedented. Will it be better for the sport as a whole? We shall see.

5aE.gif

So guess that would mean the end of RP?

Daddy's really about to buy Lance the best team and car on the grid :lol: :smh:

Hmmmmmmmmm... interesting.

So that would make RP the Merc factory team, but as an engine supplier.
And here I thought McLaren would end up being the Merc factory team should they decide to leave!

The beginning of the end.

Can Lewis at least hit 8 championships first please before all this reshuffling :lol: :smh:

I don't even understand the rumour. I've read it 3 times now :lol:
It just sounds like somehow Lewis and Stroll will be team mates and George Russell is going to be mad. :lol:

So the pandemic, cost, dieselgate and brand focus on cleaner and renewable energy are reasons why Mercedes may leave F1.

On the flip side, F1 has helped increase the advertising value of the brand from 70 million to 4.5 billion according to Toto since 2012.

I can't see Daimler backing out of a winning formula even in the current situation. Keep Lewis and keep Toto who will make sure all the right people stay or get hired.

Daimler also wants the F1 team to be more independent so if they are then it's a win win for Mercedes.
There's also enough state of the art hybrid tech in these power units to keep the renewable energy side happy.

So I'll always take Mercedes rumours with a grain of salt until it's confirmed.
Same with people thinking Vettel is going to Mercedes. Never say never but I can't see it happening unless Bottas is unhappy and leaves.

Back
Top Bottom