F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Makes no sense to me right before the big rule changes with cars easier to overtake.

I think the budget cap and new cars is enough change.

I'm not a fan of this plan. The pace in qualifying should set the starting grid.

"Although the FIA introduced a “60% rule” to ensure that major rules changes go through during the COVID-19 crisis with up to four teams opposed, the reverse-grid plan is not considered as an urgent priority, and hence unanimity is required."

If this is accurate, I doubt that it will happen.

I get why people like the idea but in reality I think it will backfire horribly and devalue qualifying, especially pole position shoot outs.

Imagine hearing "and Lewis gets pole by 2 hundredths of a second. He will start in last place in tomorrow's race" :lol:

Even if it's reverse order determined by the results of the last race, it still sounds like it can be exploited and you're not rewarded for getting a good result.

From the BBC article about the cancellations:

Screen Shot 2020-06-12 at 7.48.47 AM.png

Interested to see if they consider other Grade 1 tracks, especially in Europe.

Also some talks about a double header in Bahrain using the alternative outer layout, wouldn't mind seeing that.

1591962837734.png

Wow, Why isn't this blowing up more?

I think the problem is there is no evidence that shows he actually said it, seems like it came from a random person's tweet that was later deleted. Even the article above has already been deleted

F1 wants to hold 15-18 races this season but as of today, with less than a month before the Austrian Grand Prix, there are only 8 races on the calendar. I hope they pull this off :emoji_fingers_crossed:

Sheesh... do people not verify stuff anymore? We'll I'm glad he didn't say it then... we're assuming that anyway.
The thing is, no one really questioned whether or not he really said it. We just assumed that it was true. Marko gives us that vibe that he would say something like that. He's been outrageous in the past, so I guess ppl weren't gonna question the authenticity. Had it been Zak Brown or Claire Williams or whoever, I think a lot more would have questioned it.

He deleted it, but instead of apologizing he posts other things...
Toto it’s time to take away his phone and release an official statement.

ironic how easy he falls for fake news, while he warns others about it:lol:

Yeah, I think Lewis needs to clarify things now. He's got a huge following and not everyone will follow up on this story. He needs to address it, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom