F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

😞😞😞 Welp. Dunno what happened to Daniel there, but I guess that would have been where he was gonna Q, more or less.

I’m a huge Hamilton fan, and I can’t get into any meaningful conversations with people on Twitter, but I honestly, genuinely want to know why a lot of F1 fans dislike Lewis. I have my suspicions, and it doesn’t have to do with him winning a ton these last 8 years or so. But honestly, why do people dislike the guy?

Yup like cakeddout mentioned, it is because he was dominant and people wanted an underdog or another driver to win etc. The other thing people dislike is the stuff he says on the radio (saying his tires are dead but they really aren't or complaining about other drivers/strategy etc). Same thing applies to RB Seb when he was so dominant. People seem to like him more after he left.

I’m a huge Hamilton fan, and I can’t get into any meaningful conversations with people on Twitter, but I honestly, genuinely want to know why a lot of F1 fans dislike Lewis. I have my suspicions, and it doesn’t have to do with him winning a ton these last 8 years or so. But honestly, why do people dislike the guy?
I think Lewis gets a lot of hate, but at the same time, he also has a massive amount of support. From what I've seen, I def don't think he has more hater than fans.

But like a couple of guys have already mentioned, a lot just wanna see someone new cuz he's been so dominant. It was the same during the Schumi days as well as the Seb days. It's just more visible nowadays cuz of social media. True, social media was around when Seb and RBR were dominating, but it wasn't as big as it is today. Other factors also include his lifestyle... he like his fashion, he likes his music and he's quite vocal about social issues... and, for whatever reason, some just don't like that. It's a stupid reason, but hate can be very irrational. And, of course, there's the race issue. So ultimately, I think it's a combination of all those things. In a very unscientific analysis, I think he still has the most followers on his socials, so his popularity is still way up there.

Yup like cakeddout mentioned, it is because he was dominant and people wanted an underdog or another driver to win etc. The other thing people dislike is the stuff he says on the radio (saying his tires are dead but they really aren't or complaining about other drivers/strategy etc). Same thing applies to RB Seb when he was so dominant. People seem to like him more after he left.
Yeah, I'm not gonna lie... I roll my eyes every time he complains to Bono about his tyres. 😂 Purple sectors immediately follow.

And I didn't really like Seb back then... especially after Multi-21, which upset a lot of people... that was very uncool. But since then, we've seen a much more different and human side of him... fans def like and respect him a lot more now.

Trust your suspicions. Like, trust them 100%. You're spot on.
Race aside, which I know has to be a factor but I think it’s the same reason a lot of people didn’t like Schumacher. Merc and Ferrari were so dominant during their eras that people just wanted someone else to win. That’s just my opinion
In this case, it can't be "race aside". Race in the forefront.

You even had Mattia Bozo saying "We need to put him back in his place" which to me is just an unbelievable thing to say, especially about someone whose place for the majority of his career has been at the top, so his comments can only be taken to be racist.
All drivers complain on the radio. Lewis' complaints are nothing unique, excessive or otherwise that much worse than any driver thats ever been on the grid.
I think Lewis gets a lot of hate, but at the same time, he also has a massive amount of support. From what I've seen, I def don't think he has more hater than fans.

But like a couple of guys have already mentioned, a lot just wanna see someone new cuz he's been so dominant. It was the same during the Schumi days as well as the Seb days. It's just more visible nowadays cuz of social media. True, social media was around when Seb and RBR were dominating, but it wasn't as big as it is today. Other factors also include his lifestyle... he like his fashion, he likes his music and he's quite vocal about social issues... and, for whatever reason, some just don't like that. It's a stupid reason, but hate can be very irrational. And, of course, there's the race issue. So ultimately, I think it's a combination of all those things. In a very unscientific analysis, I think he still has the most followers on his socials, so his popularity is still way up there.

Yeah, I'm not gonna lie... I roll my eyes every time he complains to Bono about his tyres. 😂 Purple sectors immediately follow.

And I didn't really like Seb back then... especially after Multi-21, which upset a lot of people... that was very uncool. But since then, we've seen a much more different and human side of him... fans def like and respect him a lot more now.

I can't think of a single driver that doesn't complain about something on the radio.

The radio is basically there to complain so that when the driver pits, issues can be resolved or some assistance can be given over radio.

What the hell is the man supposed to do? Not give negative feedback? That makes absolutely no sense.

The same reasons tiger and Williams sister were disliked

Looks like for whatever reason Max’s car doesn’t open up DRS in the main straight. Seems to work perfectly fine in the 2nd DRS zone.

Back
Top Bottom