F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Whats the reasoning behind that? Seems like a sport that generates so much money shouldn't have any problem at all paying the people who arguably do the most important job of all.

This wreaks of Bernie Ecclestone cheap, money grubbing BS.

It's not just F1... up and down various categories of motorsport. A lot of them love to do it and are willing to do it for free.... which is music to any race organizer's ears. For the love of the game.

Daniel Ricciardo posting that statement on his IG saying that he will be at McLaren through the end of next year means absolutely nothing lol!

Remember when Christian Horner was writing public love letters to Pierre Gasly, then a week later sacked him? :rofl:

Danny is outta there barring some podiums in the second half...

Went to the Formula E race in Brooklyn today for like the fifth time in six years, most likely the last time they race there, and what a chaotic way to close it out (although there's a second race tomorrow).

I had the best view of the top cars aquaplaning and crashing into the barriers. Not my video but I was about 10 feet away from here.

Dope. I saw the highlights of the race and it look chaotic. That’s nice you got to witness it. I plan on going to the Indycar Portland GP this year cause I’ve never been to a Motorsport event

W
Went to the Formula E race in Brooklyn today for like the fifth time in six years, most likely the last time they race there, and what a chaotic way to close it out (although there's a second race tomorrow).

I had the best view of the top cars aquaplaning and crashing into the barriers. Not my video but I was about 10 feet away from here.

Was watching it on TV. Had I known, I would've bought tickets. Might go on Sunday. Saw people watching it on nearby rooftops

So, what exactly happened? When I tuned in, the red flag was already out.
Did the rain just come all of a sudden?

Yea passing rain storm. Which made visibility 0. One driver lost traction and spun which created a chain reaction of cars hitting one another

Yeah it started drizzling a little with like 10-15 minutes or so left in the race, but then a few minutes later it turned into a heavy shower, parts of the track were already looking like a river. It looks like the top guys were aquaplaning with some huge puddles in front of us, losing control and sliding around, then hitting the barriers on the straight and then crashing into the wall at T6. The shower was completely over maybe 5 minutes later. Luckily some guys behind were able to avoid the barriers because Cassidy, the leader, was the first one into them and two other cars went into him. He still won the race because they red flagged the race immediately and used the previous lap standings for the results. This was his car in the garage a little later:

798r5029k0c91.jpg

Unfortunately affected him massively today, he had a battery change giving him a huge grid penalty, despite getting pole.

Would be crazy if Lewis can get his first win of the season in his 300th GP.

I think Ferrari is gonna make the wrong call on whether to replace Sainz's engine and take the grid penalty so a little more room at the front of the pack should slightly increase Lewis' prospects.

Christian is also starting to talk alot more about Merc completely unprovoked which is either his usual paranoia or he knows Merc has something up their sleeves for Paul Ricard.

I need to go to this next year. Keep telling myself I will.

I need to go to this next year. Keep telling myself I will.

I think the rumor is now it'll be replaced with a race in St. Pete, the week before Indycar. Hopefully it stays here for at least another year, I'd like to see the Gen 3 cars.

Back
Top Bottom