F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Wait so Spa is officially done after this year?

Also- George Russell is the third best driver on the grid right now behind Lewis and Max. VSC glitch aside, he passed the RB on merit and Checo had no answers in a faster car.

If he cuts out the crybaby routine he's gonna be a serious problem in a year or two. I can already see Lewis is taking note and playing the buddy buddy game until the Merc is fast enough to contend for P1.

I would rate Charles above George but I think we need to see George in a more competitive car. If I am Charles, I am keeping an eye on Lewis' seat when he retires because Ferrari will fail him.

I would rate Charles above George but I think we need to see George in a more competitive car. If I am Charles, I am keeping an eye on Lewis' seat when he retires because Ferrari will fail him.

Charles is too error prone. It really just comes down to that.

If George is who I think he is, once Lewis retires (hopefully never) that second Merc seat is going to a guy who has the mentality of a #2 driver. I suspect that Toto's connection to Ocon may be a factor.

Charles is better than Sainz so he should have the #1 mentality but he's just in the fastest car right now, I really don't trust his ability to keep errors to a minimum over the course of an ever expanding season.

IMG_3925.jpg

Wait so Spa is officially done after this year?

Not officially, but the rumor is it won't be on the calendar next year since there's expected to be 24 races, and with the addition of Vegas and the rumored South Africa race, and China supposedly coming back, there'd be 24 without Belgium. Although Monaco also doesn't have a contract yet but I'm sure it'll get ironed out.

Spa's been axed before though, in 03, and it was off the calendar in 06 for improvements and has always been rumored to be "under threat." IMO I think it's highly unlikely China and South Africa both go ahead next year so I wouldn't be surprised to see it back on the calendar.

I do think there should be an implementation of rotating tracks, i.e. Vegas/Miami, and especially the races in the Middle East, but it would be really difficult for the circuits/promoters/everyone invested to agree on anything like that, considering the money involved.

The new races in the ME are a much bigger issue imo than the US having multiple races, at least in the states F1 is boosting its fanbase by huge numbers, and I'm sure the money is coming in to match.

Imola getting a contract was also a HUGE mistake, it was fine for 2020 considering the situation but it's taking up valuable space on the calendar now, it's not really a track these modern cars should be returning to year after year. If anything, blame Imola for losing Spa :lol:

Charles is too error prone. It really just comes down to that.

If George is who I think he is, once Lewis retires (hopefully never) that second Merc seat is going to a guy who has the mentality of a #2 driver. I suspect that Toto's connection to Ocon may be a factor.

Charles is better than Sainz so he should have the #1 mentality but he's just in the fastest car right now, I really don't trust his ability to keep errors to a minimum over the course of an ever expanding season.

Charles is prone to mistakes but I think he is faster in race pace but it’s hard to tell with the car differences. George makes mistakes as well tho…I think his lunge against Checo was late and could have taken both of them out if Checo didn’t bail. I also think he was part to blame for the silverstone turn 1 crash. Let’s not even mention imola last year with Bottas :lol:

If they add Kyalami next year I’m going without a doubt. We need a race back in Africa.

I think Charles is more prone to errors. He crashes in quali and loses control with nobody around him like in France. These are unforced errors. Making contact with other driver's is a bit different since you can't exactly predict how they will react or how their car will react such as understeer etc.

Wow, the sport is gonna miss him man...

One of the best and classiest drivers ever on the grid.

Could use more Sebs and less entitled whiny, nepo babies

Back
Top Bottom