Facebook and its users changing their default pics to a cartoon to raise awareness

typical NT to hate on people for following a trend. Ol salty %!@ people because other people are having fun. Ol' debbie downer %!@ clowns. no one is forcing you guys to do it. It seems to me that a lot of this arguing can be squashed by having the people actually changing their profile pic to do something more like actually donating or something

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

Who cares. I just did because I love 80's cartoons. I'm celebrating that instead of protesting anything (although I do believe in what they're protesting).
That pretty much describes it (although I do have a pic of a 90s cartoon)

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

Who cares. I just did because I love 80's cartoons. I'm celebrating that instead of protesting anything (although I do believe in what they're protesting).
That pretty much describes it (although I do have a pic of a 90s cartoon)

Originally Posted by ItsGettinHot

Alright... well, I don't feel anywhere near as seriously about this as you apparently do.

Sorry to tell you though, I didn't really read most of what you just typed.  I figure it's some long drawn out version of "You're not accomplishing anything".

All I know is I saw random cartoons of Facebook a couple days ago, and here I am arguing about the merits of the trend on NT.  Guess it was enough to make me focus a lil more thought on child abuse awareness.  Total mission fail I suppose.

I still can't understand what is the possible downside that you guys are seeing to this, but whatever.

Oh, wow you don't even read my whole post, but you audacity to ask me questions that may have been answered?
I already said what the downside is to this trend.
It makes a mediocrity of the real work people who care about this issue do.
How daft are you?
Where are you going with this?
What has this awareness driven you to do? Change your own profile pic?
Get real buddy.
I'm arguing with a cretin who doesn't fully read a post before replying.
But has the ignorance to assume what I wrote.
If you can't fully respond to me, then how are you going to fully aware people?
Exactly my point of this trend attracting ppl who could give dog crap about child abuse.
grin.gif
I'm done.

Alright... well, I don't feel anywhere near as seriously about this as you apparently do.

Sorry to tell you though, I didn't really read most of what you just typed.  I figure it's some long drawn out version of "You're not accomplishing anything".

All I know is I saw random cartoons of Facebook a couple days ago, and here I am arguing about the merits of the trend on NT.  Guess it was enough to make me focus a lil more thought on child abuse awareness.  Total mission fail I suppose.

I still can't understand what is the possible downside that you guys are seeing to this, but whatever.

Oh, wow you don't even read my whole post, but you audacity to ask me questions that may have been answered?
How daft are you?
Get real buddy.
Exactly my point of this trend attracting ppl who could give dog crap about child abuse.
grin.gif
I'm done.

Originally Posted by Ginzo

How daft are you?
Get real buddy.
grin.gif
I'm done.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

How daft are you?
Get real buddy.
grin.gif
I'm done.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

How daft are you?
Get real buddy.
grin.gif
I'm done.
I don't see a question in there.
laugh.gif

How daft are you?
Get real buddy.
grin.gif
I'm done.
laugh.gif

1/2 the people participating in this thing don't even care about children blah blah blah....they care more about gettin props for the cool cartoon they watched as a kid

1/2 the people participating in this thing don't even care about children blah blah blah....they care more about gettin props for the cool cartoon they watched as a kid

Originally Posted by Wade187

Originally Posted by Murda He

Originally Posted by taymane23

Screw posting a pic on facebook for nostalgia I'd rather watch the actual shows via online or dvd ..... as for the child abuse thing most of the ppl participating could care less they see other ppl doing it and follow them simple as that
but.........that's exactly the point... they follow along like wittle obediant sheep and somewhere along the lie they realize what they've been following and why. That's the nature of viral marketing -- package the message with the entertainment. If it were for a movie, no one would beef though. Every body's all anti-trendy whenever it's for a good cause though. I swear, some of ya'll are cynical as hell just for the !@*$ of it. Even if it is just a stupid internet trend going around (it probably is..), you're not any cooler for being above it all or any less cool for succumbing to it. At the end of the day, it's still just a picture on a damn networking site. Most of this thread is a waste of arguing, either way.
Exactly. It's just a picture on a damn networking site. Not something fighting against child abuse as people are claiming. You call us cynical for disagreeing that what your doing has meaning. We aren't saying it's negative, but you aren't making a difference in anything. You are just posting a picture on a damn networking site. You're not any cooler for trying to add purpose to your pointless facebook games, just like we aren't any cooler for not changing our pics.

Basically I was trying to say this not trying to argue at all though but yeah what he said......
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Wade187

Originally Posted by Murda He

Originally Posted by taymane23

Screw posting a pic on facebook for nostalgia I'd rather watch the actual shows via online or dvd ..... as for the child abuse thing most of the ppl participating could care less they see other ppl doing it and follow them simple as that
but.........that's exactly the point... they follow along like wittle obediant sheep and somewhere along the lie they realize what they've been following and why. That's the nature of viral marketing -- package the message with the entertainment. If it were for a movie, no one would beef though. Every body's all anti-trendy whenever it's for a good cause though. I swear, some of ya'll are cynical as hell just for the !@*$ of it. Even if it is just a stupid internet trend going around (it probably is..), you're not any cooler for being above it all or any less cool for succumbing to it. At the end of the day, it's still just a picture on a damn networking site. Most of this thread is a waste of arguing, either way.
Exactly. It's just a picture on a damn networking site. Not something fighting against child abuse as people are claiming. You call us cynical for disagreeing that what your doing has meaning. We aren't saying it's negative, but you aren't making a difference in anything. You are just posting a picture on a damn networking site. You're not any cooler for trying to add purpose to your pointless facebook games, just like we aren't any cooler for not changing our pics.

Basically I was trying to say this not trying to argue at all though but yeah what he said......
grin.gif

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

1/2 the people not participating in this thing don't even care about children blah blah blah....they care more about gettin props for not participating.
fixed 
laugh.gif

You're original statement is probably true too but doesn't mean that 1/2 (most likely way less) do care about the children? What exactly is the negative to this campaign? Isn't it possible that this could serve as an impetus for someone

These critics are a joke. Jaded as hell. 
eyes.gif

1/2 the people not participating in this thing don't even care about children blah blah blah....they care more about gettin props for not participating.
fixed 
laugh.gif

You're original statement is probably true too but doesn't mean that 1/2 (most likely way less) do care about the children? What exactly is the negative to this campaign? Isn't it possible that this could serve as an impetus for someone

eyes.gif

How daft are you?
Get real buddy.
grin.gif
I'm done.
laugh.gif
coloring-page-of-dr-seuss-dr-seuss-printable-coloring-page-green-eggs-and-ham-coloring-sheet1.gif

Originally Posted by bijald0331

fixed 
laugh.gif

eyes.gif

Here's the negative effect.
You conjure up all these people who could give a crap about child abuse by making them participate in such a trivial action.
What this is doing is belittling the actions of "real" awareness groups. The people that actually go out of their way to stop pedestrians and tell them about this issue.
The people that care.  But who am I to say that the people participating in this FB trend don't care?
I will say however that the quality of people participating is much better than quantity.
Hundreds of dedicated people committed to stop child abuse >>>  thousands that switch their profile pic because they too so happened to have watched cartoons as a kid.

Edit: You may ask yourself "well how is this belittling the efforts of real awareness groups?"
Well, now you got all these people thinking they're making a difference by switching their FB pic.
BSing themselves into thinking their efforts will "aware" people.
It's all so silly to me.

How daft are you?
Get real buddy.
grin.gif
I'm done.
laugh.gif
coloring-page-of-dr-seuss-dr-seuss-printable-coloring-page-green-eggs-and-ham-coloring-sheet1.gif

Originally Posted by bijald0331

fixed 
laugh.gif

eyes.gif

Here's the negative effect.
You conjure up all these people who could give a crap about child abuse by making them participate in such a trivial action.
What this is doing is belittling the actions of "real" awareness groups. The people that actually go out of their way to stop pedestrians and tell them about this issue.
The people that care.  But who am I to say that the people participating in this FB trend don't care?
I will say however that the quality of people participating is much better than quantity.
Hundreds of dedicated people committed to stop child abuse >>>  thousands that switch their profile pic because they too so happened to have watched cartoons as a kid.

Edit: You may ask yourself "well how is this belittling the efforts of real awareness groups?"
Well, now you got all these people thinking they're making a difference by switching their FB pic.
BSing themselves into thinking their efforts will "aware" people.
It's all so silly to me.

Back
Top Bottom