Facebook and its users changing their default pics to a cartoon to raise awareness

it seemed like a silly idea to me initially - we're not aware and outraged about child abuse in our society enough by this point that we still need to raise awareness? but what the hell, i don't mind reminiscing over the cartoons of my younger years.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

I really see no problem with people changing their facebook profile pic to a cartoon to raise awareness because I think it's going to do just that...raise awareness which will do more good imho than just donating money in the long run.

I don't see how this is making light of the real workers who go out there everyday and help kids...I feel that if this trend was started by an actual social worker people in this thread wouldnt be saying !$#@ , but because it wasn't somehow it is wrong?

It's laughable that those who hate on this trend end up following so many other trends in their daily life that nobody calls them out on.

Get over it and let it happen...even if some people just change their pic because their friends are doing it, there are probably many others doing it to actually raise awareness.
This. Even if the people who are just doing this for the fun of it, it actually still adds on to the awareness. That's the beauty of this idea. More people are aware which leads to some of them doing more and looking more into the issue. But you know everyone wants to be "different"
grin.gif
nowadays and hate on a idea which is actually a pretty good idea. This idea is getting recognized everywhere so I don't get how this is having no effect.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

I really see no problem with people changing their facebook profile pic to a cartoon to raise awareness because I think it's going to do just that...raise awareness which will do more good imho than just donating money in the long run.

I don't see how this is making light of the real workers who go out there everyday and help kids...I feel that if this trend was started by an actual social worker people in this thread wouldnt be saying !$#@ , but because it wasn't somehow it is wrong?

It's laughable that those who hate on this trend end up following so many other trends in their daily life that nobody calls them out on.

Get over it and let it happen...even if some people just change their pic because their friends are doing it, there are probably many others doing it to actually raise awareness.
This. Even if the people who are just doing this for the fun of it, it actually still adds on to the awareness. That's the beauty of this idea. More people are aware which leads to some of them doing more and looking more into the issue. But you know everyone wants to be "different"
grin.gif
nowadays and hate on a idea which is actually a pretty good idea. This idea is getting recognized everywhere so I don't get how this is having no effect.
sick.gif

People will change their profile pics for insignificant reasons but they wont read a book or watch a documentary on monetary policy , FEMA camps, government sponsored terror or the current eugenics being performed on our society as a whole. That is why most won't know what to do in the upcoming tribulation . I can't wait

People will change their profile pics for insignificant reasons but they wont read a book or watch a documentary on monetary policy , FEMA camps, government sponsored terror or the current eugenics being performed on our society as a whole. That is why most won't know what to do in the upcoming tribulation . I can't wait

nothing wrong with following a trend, i mean i like seeing what cartoons people put on

but the thing is...nobody cares about that children thing

nothing wrong with following a trend, i mean i like seeing what cartoons people put on

but the thing is...nobody cares about that children thing

i changed my FB profile pic to robotech and i start my "awareness" at home with my own kid. i find it very ironic how some on NT are finding it sheep-like since we're all on a forum with all the same basic interest in shoe collecting which is also sheep-like. also, most of the kids on here don't have their own kids so why worry about this cause?

i changed my FB profile pic to robotech and i start my "awareness" at home with my own kid. i find it very ironic how some on NT are finding it sheep-like since we're all on a forum with all the same basic interest in shoe collecting which is also sheep-like. also, most of the kids on here don't have their own kids so why worry about this cause?

Originally Posted by devildog1776

um, riiight. 
laugh.gif
 and im assuming youre well prepared? 

um, riiight. 
laugh.gif
 and im assuming youre well prepared? 

Originally Posted by proper english

um, riiight. 
laugh.gif
 and im assuming your well prepared? 

dude's talking like he has a direct hand in changing the world
laugh.gif

what's watching a documentary gonna do?

(not sure if serious)

Originally Posted by proper english

um, riiight. 
laugh.gif
 and im assuming your well prepared? 

dude's talking like he has a direct hand in changing the world
laugh.gif

(not sure if serious)

Originally Posted by Mo Greene

make you more aware of someone else's propaganda.

still don't understand why people are getting bent about the cartoons on FB though.  it's basically a win-win for everyone.  i just don't see the downside to changing your profile pic to a cartoon.

Originally Posted by Mo Greene

make you more aware of someone else's propaganda.

still don't understand why people are getting bent about the cartoons on FB though.  it's basically a win-win for everyone.  i just don't see the downside to changing your profile pic to a cartoon.

now sheep changing the pics back

IMPORTANT!!]people change your profile pics back to YOU cuz the group that told us all to change our pics to our fav cartoon characters were a group of paedophiles.They're doing it because kids will accept their requestsfaster if they see a cartoon pic, it's got nothing to do with ...supporting child violence. [check the news tonight... & pass it on!]

stupid all around
laugh.gif

IMPORTANT!!]people change your profile pics back to YOU cuz the group that told us all to change our pics to our fav cartoon characters were a group of paedophiles.They're doing it because kids will accept their requestsfaster if they see a cartoon pic, it's got nothing to do with ...supporting child violence. [check the news tonight... & pass it on!]

stupid all around
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by romedadude

stupid all around
laugh.gif
i saw that
30t6p3b.gif

stupid all around
laugh.gif
i saw that
30t6p3b.gif

stupid all around
laugh.gif
*yawn* does that even make sense?

stupid all around
laugh.gif
*yawn* does that even make sense?

Back
Top Bottom