Facebook and its users changing their default pics to a cartoon to raise awareness

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

Originally Posted by Noskey
  you     and crank  wont give  credit? smh

I did get the idea from you. I was dying when I saw you post that in the other thread. Did you put that up as your profile pic? Regardless, +1 Credit to you sir for the awesome idea
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

Originally Posted by Noskey
  you     and crank  wont give  credit? smh

I did get the idea from you. I was dying when I saw you post that in the other thread. Did you put that up as your profile pic? Regardless, +1 Credit to you sir for the awesome idea
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ItsGettinHot

Originally Posted by Ginzo

Okay, that's all you need to say. Everything else was just babble. I will now ignore you and this topic.

Of course you would ignore me since you follow these type of meaningless trends.
You want no insight other then people that agree with you.
That's fine, I mean that is why you're a
Edit: Well I'm at my 25 post limit. ttyl
wink.gif
... Did you just make a fake quote by me so that you could talk crap?

WOW.� Guess i'm not against child abuse.��� Yo family shoulda beat you way more.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Okay, that's all you need to say. Everything else was just babble. I will now ignore you and this topic.

Of course you would ignore me since you follow these type of meaningless trends.
You want no insight other then people that agree with you.
That's fine, I mean that is why you're a
Edit: Well I'm at my 25 post limit. ttyl
wink.gif
... Did you just make a fake quote by me so that you could talk crap?

WOW.� Guess i'm not against child abuse.��� Yo family shoulda beat you way more.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

Who cares. I just did because I love 80's cartoons. I'm celebrating that instead of protesting anything (although I do believe in what they're protesting).

This is the mindset that most of the people who are doing it have.  This is the reason why people who are arguing against it are doing so.  I mean, most of you are right, it is just a pic on a networking site, but some people would rather have people who actually care about child abuse show their care, than a bunch of people joining in just because they loved cartoons as a child. I'd rather someone be nonchalant towards an issue, than "ACT" like they care about it, just so they can fit in with the rest of the sheep.

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

Who cares. I just did because I love 80's cartoons. I'm celebrating that instead of protesting anything (although I do believe in what they're protesting).

This is the mindset that most of the people who are doing it have.  This is the reason why people who are arguing against it are doing so.  I mean, most of you are right, it is just a pic on a networking site, but some people would rather have people who actually care about child abuse show their care, than a bunch of people joining in just because they loved cartoons as a child. I'd rather someone be nonchalant towards an issue, than "ACT" like they care about it, just so they can fit in with the rest of the sheep.

Alright... well, I don't feel anywhere near as seriously about this as you apparently do.

Sorry to tell you though, I didn't really read most of what you just typed.  I figure it's some long drawn out version of "You're not accomplishing anything".

All I know is I saw random cartoons of Facebook a couple days ago, and here I am arguing about the merits of the trend on NT.  Guess it was enough to make me focus a lil more thought on child abuse awareness.  Total mission fail I suppose.

I still can't understand what is the possible downside that you guys are seeing to this, but whatever.

Oh, wow you don't even read my whole post, but you audacity to ask me questions that may have been answered?
I already said what the downside is to this trend.
It makes a mediocrity of the real work people who care about this issue do.
How daft are you?
Where are you going with this?
What has this awareness driven you to do? Change your own profile pic?
Get real buddy.
I'm arguing with a cretin who doesn't fully read a post before replying.
But has the ignorance to assume what I wrote.
If you can't fully respond to me, then how are you going to fully aware people?
Exactly my point of this trend attracting ppl who could give dog crap about child abuse.
grin.gif
I'm done.
I don't see a question in there.
laugh.gif
coloring-page-of-dr-seuss-dr-seuss-printable-coloring-page-green-eggs-and-ham-coloring-sheet1.gif
laugh.gif

How you gonna highlight just the middle of a sentence?
roll.gif

If you keep what i'm saying in context, I didn't ask you anything and I surely wasn't looking to continue the conversation.

Alright... well, I don't feel anywhere near as seriously about this as you apparently do.

Sorry to tell you though, I didn't really read most of what you just typed.  I figure it's some long drawn out version of "You're not accomplishing anything".

All I know is I saw random cartoons of Facebook a couple days ago, and here I am arguing about the merits of the trend on NT.  Guess it was enough to make me focus a lil more thought on child abuse awareness.  Total mission fail I suppose.

I still can't understand what is the possible downside that you guys are seeing to this, but whatever.

Oh, wow you don't even read my whole post, but you audacity to ask me questions that may have been answered?
I already said what the downside is to this trend.
It makes a mediocrity of the real work people who care about this issue do.
How daft are you?
Where are you going with this?
What has this awareness driven you to do? Change your own profile pic?
Get real buddy.
I'm arguing with a cretin who doesn't fully read a post before replying.
But has the ignorance to assume what I wrote.
If you can't fully respond to me, then how are you going to fully aware people?
Exactly my point of this trend attracting ppl who could give dog crap about child abuse.
grin.gif
I'm done.
I don't see a question in there.
laugh.gif
coloring-page-of-dr-seuss-dr-seuss-printable-coloring-page-green-eggs-and-ham-coloring-sheet1.gif
laugh.gif

How you gonna highlight just the middle of a sentence?
roll.gif

If you keep what i'm saying in context, I didn't ask you anything and I surely wasn't looking to continue the conversation.

Originally Posted by oidreez

typical NT to hate on people for following a trend. Ol salty %!@ people because other people are having fun. Ol' debbie downer %!@ clowns. no one is forcing you guys to do it. It seems to me that a lot of this arguing can be squashed by having the people actually changing their profile pic to do something more like actually donating or something

It's "cool" to be "different"...
eyes.gif

typical NT to hate on people for following a trend. Ol salty %!@ people because other people are having fun. Ol' debbie downer %!@ clowns. no one is forcing you guys to do it. It seems to me that a lot of this arguing can be squashed by having the people actually changing their profile pic to do something more like actually donating or something

It's "cool" to be "different"...
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by raptors29

But why would you want to follow the trend?...
eyes.gif
Look, I'm not even going to try and answer your question and argue with you about why.
People do things to have fun. Choosing old cartoons for profile pics is like Halloween on the internet.
Ol salty NTer trying to be different for no reason.

eyes.gif
Look, I'm not even going to try and answer your question and argue with you about why.
People do things to have fun. Choosing old cartoons for profile pics is like Halloween on the internet.

I really see no problem with people changing their facebook profile pic to a cartoon to raise awareness because I think it's going to do just that...raise awareness which will do more good imho than just donating money in the long run.

I don't see how this is making light of the real workers who go out there everyday and help kids...I feel that if this trend was started by an actual social worker people in this thread wouldnt be saying !$#@ , but because it wasn't somehow it is wrong?

It's laughable that those who hate on this trend end up following so many other trends in their daily life that nobody calls them out on.

Get over it and let it happen...even if some people just change their pic because their friends are doing it, there are probably many others doing it to actually raise awareness.

I really see no problem with people changing their facebook profile pic to a cartoon to raise awareness because I think it's going to do just that...raise awareness which will do more good imho than just donating money in the long run.

I don't see how this is making light of the real workers who go out there everyday and help kids...I feel that if this trend was started by an actual social worker people in this thread wouldnt be saying !$#@ , but because it wasn't somehow it is wrong?

It's laughable that those who hate on this trend end up following so many other trends in their daily life that nobody calls them out on.

Get over it and let it happen...even if some people just change their pic because their friends are doing it, there are probably many others doing it to actually raise awareness.

Originally Posted by Hyper Cutter

eyes.gif
QFT
/thread

Originally Posted by Hyper Cutter

eyes.gif
QFT
/thread

you anti-FB "individuals"
laugh.gif
 realize that there are millions just like you right? overly insecure/paranoid types who dig deep into the most insignificant subject just because...

so why call the average FBer a sheep? 
nerd.gif

you anti-FB "individuals"
laugh.gif
 realize that there are millions just like you right? overly insecure/paranoid types who dig deep into the most insignificant subject just because...

so why call the average FBer a sheep? 
nerd.gif

it seemed like a silly idea to me initially - we're not aware and outraged about child abuse in our society enough by this point that we still need to raise awareness? but what the hell, i don't mind reminiscing over the cartoons of my younger years.

Back
Top Bottom