Failed My Driving Test for the 2nd Time!

Didn't need a license until I was like 22-23 (NYC lol) and needed a valid one for a job I was applying to. Scheduled my road test and took five lessons over the 2 weeks prior to the test. I was nervous going there, but once it started I was fine. It went perfect, I didn't even accrue any points. All you have to do for the test is mimic how the elderly drive: slow and cautious. You can go to fast, or be reckless, or make excessive maneuvers, but rarely are you penalized for going too slow (unless you aren't hitting the gas) and are paying attention and following their instructions.

Most of the time people fail not because they don't know how to properly handle a vehicle, but because they are extremely nervous.

Reschedule another test and calm down this time, go at a leisurely pace (imagine the speed you'd cruise past a girl in very short shorts...unless you're the type to come to a complete stop at the sight of a nice booty, then scratch that) and exaggerate your head movements even if your peripheral vision will suffice.

Didn't need a license until I was like 22-23 (NYC lol) and needed a valid one for a job I was applying to. Scheduled my road test and took five lessons over the 2 weeks prior to the test. I was nervous going there, but once it started I was fine. It went perfect, I didn't even accrue any points. All you have to do for the test is mimic how the elderly drive: slow and cautious. You can go to fast, or be reckless, or make excessive maneuvers, but rarely are you penalized for going too slow (unless you aren't hitting the gas) and are paying attention and following their instructions.

Most of the time people fail not because they don't know how to properly handle a vehicle, but because they are extremely nervous.

Reschedule another test and calm down this time, go at a leisurely pace (imagine the speed you'd cruise past a girl in very short shorts...unless you're the type to come to a complete stop at the sight of a nice booty, then scratch that) and exaggerate your head movements even if your peripheral vision will suffice.

didnt have to do parallel parking
smokin.gif
driving around the blocc ftw

Originally Posted by adiosburritos

Originally Posted by dland24

I feel like if you fail the driving test, you shouldnt be allowed to retake the test for at least a year. If you fail a second time, two years until your next test....and so on.

Getting a license is incredibly easy. Too easy. Only needing a 70 to pass is such a joke. Too many bad drivers on the road.

Zero sympathy from me OP. Learn to drive/park and this wont be an issue.

completely agree
too many people on the road who don't know what they are doing
I guess I'm sensitive to the subject since I did fail twice but I disagree. On the way to the test site, my instructor told me there's one lady who always fails his students. I drove absolutely fine, very cautious & carefully. And as I mentioned before, I was at a stop sign and started rolling forward because I saw no cars (I couldn't see much to my right because of a high fence). So as I rolled forward, she slammed the breaks and failed me on the spot. Her reasoning was not anticipating traffic. I was like that's why I was rolling forward and not slamming the gas.
indifferent.gif

Second time was more BS. I was going 20 MPH in local roads and I failed because she thought I was going too fast and said my turns were wide.

Oddly enough, a month later, in which I hadn't taken any lessons, or driven at all in 2 months, I had a guy as the proctor and I passed without accruing any points.

So sometimes it's not the driver's fault. (Some of) Those proctors are some real douchebags.

Originally Posted by adiosburritos

Originally Posted by dland24

I feel like if you fail the driving test, you shouldnt be allowed to retake the test for at least a year. If you fail a second time, two years until your next test....and so on.

Getting a license is incredibly easy. Too easy. Only needing a 70 to pass is such a joke. Too many bad drivers on the road.

Zero sympathy from me OP. Learn to drive/park and this wont be an issue.

completely agree
too many people on the road who don't know what they are doing
I guess I'm sensitive to the subject since I did fail twice but I disagree. On the way to the test site, my instructor told me there's one lady who always fails his students. I drove absolutely fine, very cautious & carefully. And as I mentioned before, I was at a stop sign and started rolling forward because I saw no cars (I couldn't see much to my right because of a high fence). So as I rolled forward, she slammed the breaks and failed me on the spot. Her reasoning was not anticipating traffic. I was like that's why I was rolling forward and not slamming the gas.
indifferent.gif

Second time was more BS. I was going 20 MPH in local roads and I failed because she thought I was going too fast and said my turns were wide.

Oddly enough, a month later, in which I hadn't taken any lessons, or driven at all in 2 months, I had a guy as the proctor and I passed without accruing any points.

So sometimes it's not the driver's fault. (Some of) Those proctors are some real douchebags.

Yea i feel like alot of it is the instructors fault but honestly you really cant blame them. These people have to instruct alot of people on a day to day basis and i know after a while all the mistakes people make get to you mentally and you start getting upset over nothing.

I failed twice:
1st time i had went during the weekend and had no intention of taking the test since the place was suppose to close at noon and i wouldnt have enough time. I was wrong and they called my number up. I wasnt prepared
The second time i failed at the reverse parking section by hitting a cone, before i even got that portion i had to parallel park which i had only done like once before the test and couldnt do that.

3rd times the charm, you'll get it next time OP

Yea i feel like alot of it is the instructors fault but honestly you really cant blame them. These people have to instruct alot of people on a day to day basis and i know after a while all the mistakes people make get to you mentally and you start getting upset over nothing.

I failed twice:
1st time i had went during the weekend and had no intention of taking the test since the place was suppose to close at noon and i wouldnt have enough time. I was wrong and they called my number up. I wasnt prepared
The second time i failed at the reverse parking section by hitting a cone, before i even got that portion i had to parallel park which i had only done like once before the test and couldnt do that.

3rd times the charm, you'll get it next time OP

I've had my license for 4 years and not once in my life have i ever parallel parked, passed my first try too maybe I was just lucky
laugh.gif
, I asked my dad to teach me before the test, he was all it's easy just do it
indifferent.gif
, though I didn't have to do it during the test so it worked out

Also my dad was so tough on me when teaching me, I wasn't even nervous during the test

I've had my license for 4 years and not once in my life have i ever parallel parked, passed my first try too maybe I was just lucky
laugh.gif
, I asked my dad to teach me before the test, he was all it's easy just do it
indifferent.gif
, though I didn't have to do it during the test so it worked out

Also my dad was so tough on me when teaching me, I wasn't even nervous during the test

damn. did soo well on the driving part, lady told me i didnt even have to try and parallel park. so i didnt and passed my first time.

damn. did soo well on the driving part, lady told me i didnt even have to try and parallel park. so i didnt and passed my first time.

Originally Posted by INFRAREDx37

The feeling sucks..

Both times on the parallel parking. The first time, "I didn't head check enough"- Remind you, this is a closed course..

Today, the sensors in the car went off, to alert me of being too close to the cones, so I failed. I felt like he cut a minute off from my time too.

The thing is I can drive, I drive just about everyday.
frown.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  In MO, we test on the busy streets........It does seem pretty stupid to head check on a closed course.  Like....The hell you lookin at doggie?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by INFRAREDx37

The feeling sucks..

Both times on the parallel parking. The first time, "I didn't head check enough"- Remind you, this is a closed course..

Today, the sensors in the car went off, to alert me of being too close to the cones, so I failed. I felt like he cut a minute off from my time too.

The thing is I can drive, I drive just about everyday.
frown.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  In MO, we test on the busy streets........It does seem pretty stupid to head check on a closed course.  Like....The hell you lookin at doggie?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by taimaishu123

man $%@

Im jealous of yal who be gettin over. The driving portion of the exam is extremely lenient but they act like the end of the world over those cones here in Ohio. I hate it. 

Originally Posted by taimaishu123

man $%@

Im jealous of yal who be gettin over. The driving portion of the exam is extremely lenient but they act like the end of the world over those cones here in Ohio. I hate it. 

My cousin passed his today with no errors. I passed mine on the first try

Some ppl aren't meant to drive.
30t6p3b.gif

My cousin passed his today with no errors. I passed mine on the first try

Some ppl aren't meant to drive.
30t6p3b.gif

I failed 3 times.

1. No registered driver in the car. (My dad took my lil bro to the ice cream truck outside the mva while i went around to start my test.
2. Ran over a cone backing into the space.
3. "rolling stop" aka that ****boy *++%!@!%
4. Passed.

so don't feel bad...its life. live and learn.

I failed 3 times.

1. No registered driver in the car. (My dad took my lil bro to the ice cream truck outside the mva while i went around to start my test.
2. Ran over a cone backing into the space.
3. "rolling stop" aka that ****boy *++%!@!%
4. Passed.

so don't feel bad...its life. live and learn.

Originally Posted by IamMD

Originally Posted by AIR J XIII

Drivers Ed FTW...

never had to take one.

In MD, we have to take drivers ed and take the drivers license test.

Btw..I can understand failing the first time, because honestly, there are just some things they test you on that don't matter in the real world...

this. that 275 for driving skool
30t6p3b.gif

i failed the permit test by 1 my first time....but i passed the driving my first time..only lost 4 points

but you'll get thru it op. just try your best to pretend its not a closed course 
laugh.gif

i think in MD yu gotta do the closed course and the road test now 

Back
Top Bottom