FANS NOT BUYING JAY Z BRAND

So can we change this thread to money May or birdman or whatever?

Let's focus on those guys rather than The Guy.

relax guy

i realize your sig is from a Jay song your sn is Jay related also, he def is an influence in your life so your gonna ride or die for dude on the internet

but relax

Kanye isn't in the same category as Jay-Z is, money-wise.

Jay-Z has reached tremendous success in nearly every category you can think of. Others will hate on Kanye's style, creativity, attitude etc. When you're talking about Jay-Z you automatically think about his pockets, which causes sodium levels to rise and dudes demanding handouts.

We don't think about his damn pockets. We think about what message and influence he's putting out, which seems to be diminishing album after album since The Black Album.
when you say "we think about the message he is putting out, which seems to be diminishing" do you mean his like social/star power? I ask, cause to ME, Jay has grown in 'star power' since the black album, and has taken on WAY more social issues than ever before. So please explain.

I remember when he gave a million to KKatrina (and altho he states he should have truly gave with his time) many naysayers said " he's worth such an such, he should give more." Which to me is the real problem. Folks trying to break down people by saying"he could be doing more" while sitting around not doing anything at all.

Another example, Jay literally went to Africa to help bring not only water to villages to that had no running water, but used his presence (aka "my presence is charity") to bring LIGHT to a dire situation that should not be happening period. Yet what did the "NANYSAYERS" of NT and the world say? "O HE'S just promoting his concerts, and trying to sell his album" as if Jay's return album or concerts weren't gonna sell out...yall would rather conjure up some sort of negative an cynical viewpoint of something then to see the positivity ...thus breaking a man down.
My point is, well go listen to the "devil is a lie"...yall Hating ya own kind.

But anyway, feel free to explain what you meant.

Last edited:
Go worry about Rick Ross' message.

He's never claimed to be some sort of modern-age MLK. He's a rapper. Let him be, damn. Is It really that hard not to worry about another person?

Actually he did . People would let Jay-z be if he wasn't running around comparing himself to MLK,
along with a number of other influential people that do waaaaaaaay more than he does..
If you want to compare yourself to great men and women then you have to live up to the comparison.

HE did that. NOT NT. He brought that scrutiny on HIMSELF.

Jay-Z has reached tremendous success in nearly every category you can think of. Others will hate on Kanye's style, creativity, attitude etc. When you're talking about Jay-Z you automatically think about his pockets, which causes sodium levels to rise and dudes demanding handouts.

We don't think about his damn pockets. We think about what message and influence he's putting out, which seems to be diminishing album after album since The Black Album.
when you say "we think about the message he is putting out, which seems to be diminishing" do you mean his like social/star power? I ask, cause to ME, Jay has grown in 'star power' since the black album, and has taken on WAY more social issues than ever before. So please explain.

I remember when he gave (pledged) a million to KKatrina (and altho he states he should have truly gave with his time) many naysayers said " he's worth such an such, he should give more." Which to me is the real problem. Folks trying to break down people by saying"he could be doing more" while sitting around not doing anything at all.

Another example, Jay literally went to Africa to help bring not only water to villages to that had no running water, but used his presence (aka "my presence is charity") to bring LIGHT to a dire situation that should not be happening period. Yet what did the "NANYSAYERS" of NT and the world say? "O HE'S just promoting his concerts, and trying to sell his album" as if Jay's return album or concerts weren't gonna sell out...yall would rather conjure up some sort of negative an cynical viewpoint of something then to see the positivity ...thus breaking a man down.

Correction - he pledged a million to the Red Cross for Katrina. There is a difference.
http://www.hamilton-co.org/cinlawlib/newsletters/2010/10February.pdf

I remember when he gave (pledged) a million to KKatrina (and altho he states he should have truly gave with his time) many naysayers said " he's worth such an such, he should give more." Which to me is the real problem. Folks trying to break down people by saying"he could be doing more" while sitting around not doing anything at all.

Correction - he pledged a million to the Red Cross for Katrina. There is a difference.
http://www.hamilton-co.org/cinlawlib/newsletters/2010/10February.pdf
if I recall correctly, him and puff came together to give a mill...but that's not the point of my post. Feel free to discuss that if you choose.

Edit: looked over your article, my phone found no mention of Jay or shawn? Am I missing something?

http://www.today.com/id/9163246/ns/today-entertainment/t/diddy-jay-z-give-million-red-cross/ wonders if Celine Dion "pledge" is questioned :-/

Last edited:
Def was no coming back after Ether :lol: . Jay is a fraud man, but if you are blindly a fan, you'll never believe it. He "borrows" too much for my taste if you know what I mean. I recently seen clips of choke no joke on youtube talking about some circumstances revolving around Jay, and it further cemented what's been said over the years. 

I'm a JAY fan & i even know NAS murked him on "EITHER" anybody that don't understand that is in denial man period.. JAY has used many ppl as floor rugs all the ppl they help him get to the top he just forgot about them... Look at how homie did DAME I remember on the old VH1 show "DRIVEN" they did one on JAY back in like 03' even he said DAME was the one putting his name out there getting him in BATTLES, bringing his demo to record labels,telling DEF JAM JAY wasn't doing no crossover records after the backlash of "SUNSHINE", etc DAME was running the ROC not JAY, JAY was just the ROC top act & for him to turn his back on DAME like that is wrong period point blank...

Just heard JT proclaim Jay-Z the greatest rapper alive on a radio interview clip a few mins. ago 
roll.gif

Funny guy that Justin Timberlake.

Last edited:
Nas had prep time too and it still sounded childish.

And I dont eem f*** wit sean knowles anymore.

Were there childish lines? Yes.

Was it "childish" as whole? No.

There were plenty of childish lines in "Super Ugly" as well.

It's a battle rap. ****** is snappin' on each other. It's not supposed to be mature (see Canibus, Dre/Snoop etc.).

Most battle raps will have a few "childish" (name calling, weak snaps) in them somewhere.

Last edited:
true.

Takeover was jays bait imo tho..and dat was one verse.
Nobody talked about nas like that before lol.

But who won is another thread. Its who u like imo

Last edited:
The pedestal some put jay-z on is comical.

As double j's said it best. I look at him as a rapper and nothing else. I don't expect him to be some super charitable figure but at the same time I don't take him seriously when it comes to issues of importance either.

12 years later and we still debating takeover vs ether, they both gave us some good hiphop and entertainment

I'm not sure if I'm getting old or is rap just not the same, pretty sure it's me getting older

Last edited:
true.

Takeover was jays bait imo tho..and dat was one verse.
Nobody talked about nas like that before lol.

But who won is another thread. Its who u like imo

This

Plus
'Skeeted in your jeep, left condoms in your baby seat'

Sooooo disrespectful....

Back
Top Bottom