FANS NOT BUYING JAY Z BRAND

he's made A TON of money after the split i wont deny that
but think about it
he hasnt reached that pinnacle of acclaim since the split either
so to some people success isnt just about money
do u agree???
What? Hasn't reached the pinnacle of acclaim? If your talking about his music not being as good, that's irrelevant because dame had no influence on his music to begin with. And to ur second point of "some success isn't about money', ur absolutely correct, but did dame really feel that way? Dame seemed pretty materialistic by most people's account. I heard Dame say in an interview how he was disappointed about the amount of money he made off hard knock life even though it sold 5 million and how he knew he needed to find another hustle because he didn't make enough money off of that.

You cant compare meeting the President on random chance to being invited to events as a guest of the President and having a legitimate friendship with him.

he's made A TON of money after the split i wont deny that

but think about it
he hasnt reached that pinnacle of acclaim since the split either

so to some people success isnt just about money

do u agree???
What? Hasn't reached the pinnacle of acclaim? If your talking about his music not being as good, that's irrelevant because dame had no influence on his music to begin with. And to ur second point of "some success isn't about money', ur absolutely correct, but did dame really feel that way? Dame seemed pretty materialistic by most people's account. I heard Dame say in an interview how he was disappointed about the amount of money he made off hard knock life even though it sold 5 million and how he knew he needed to find another hustle because he didn't make enough money off of that.
how the hell do u know if he had any influence on the music
was u on jays lap in the studio?
go sit yo *** in a corner somewhere till the grownups finish talkin

EDIT: my bad look all im saying is we dont TRULY know the whole story
but fact is there seemed to be a pretty big fall off in how people looked at him then than now
dame had to have some influence somewhere

Last edited:
how the hell do u know if he had any influence on the music
was u on jays lap in the studio?
go sit yo *** in a corner somewhere till the grownups finish talkin

EDIT: my bad look all im saying is we dont TRULY know the whole story
but fact is there seemed to be a pretty big fall off in how people looked at him then than now
dame had to have some influence somewhere
Do you think jay was taking musical advice from Dame? We don't know for sure and your correct about but I attended an audio engineering school where young guru(jay-z engineer for 12 years) has gave lectures and he mentioned how dame would pop in and out when jay was in  the studio because jay didn't like a lot of people there when he was creating. He also mentioned how jay prolly is the most stubborn artist in the studio. Irv gotti has said the same thing about jay.He doesn't listen to anybody in the studio. So no I never sat in his lap or any man's slap for that matter but i do have a first hand account of someone that worked with him for 12 years.

ive met the president
didnt really care that much
aint do nothing for my life
if meeting the president to u is acclaim idk what to tell u
people at roscos met the president when he ate there
is that their level of acclaim
See this part of the reason why we can't have open and honest discussions here on the boards, because of people like YOU champ.  Clearly Jay Z was ASKED, key word "asked" by the President to play for President Obama at that event, which just so happened to be the night before the presidential election in 2012.  Nobody was talking about you or anybody else meeting the POTUS.  Save your personal war stories for another thread my friend. 
You cant compare meeting the President on random chance to being invited to events as a guest of the President and having a legitimate friendship with him.
There it is. 

[thread="578269"] [/thread]
ive met the president

didnt really care that much

aint do nothing for my life

if meeting the president to u is acclaim idk what to tell u

people at roscos met the president when he ate there

is that their level of acclaim

See this part of the reason why we can't have open and honest discussions here on the boards, because of people like YOU champ.  Clearly Jay Z was ASKED, key word "asked" by the President to play for President Obama at that event, which just so happened to be the night before the presidential election in 2012.  Nobody was talking about you or anybody else meeting the POTUS.  Save your personal war stories for another thread my friend. 

There it is. 
U come off as a real ******* sometimes
U dont know what reason or how I came about meeting the president
U dont even know how jay z ended up meeting him it coulda been some political thing where to reach that younger demographic
And :lol: if u think they both have a legitimate friendship and talk everyday on the phone about how crazy they wives are and sharing yamb take down stories

Last edited:
I mean personally speaking.

I don't take any "sell a brick" rappers serious, I look at most as one hit wonders or trend hoppers. For those that turn out to actually make rap a career I listen to them to see what their story is and who they are. Whatever you talk about is what YOU as an artist and thats cool but there has to be some foundation to what your saying to keep me interested.

who you are
what you represent
where your from
whats your character built of
what your story is

over hov's career (and worst so as he's gotten older) he has done so little to really let me as a listener know what his foundation really stands on and why I should care. I mean we have most of the basic level information. He's from BK - he sold drugs - he's a hustler - he's now a millionaire. But that's all shallow (not deep enough) to me and the story hasn't TRULY changed, the cars - watches - jets - shoes - paintings he has have changed but the story hasn't. A car is a car and a watch is a watch, talk to me about life my nig.

I love stories. I like the fact that nas made a song about his daughter, I liked camron's I hate my job. I'm not saying this is an easy feat because hov nas and cam have been in the game since the early 90s but the music is still ART to me and I won't accept excuses for making music that has little to no digestible content. Jay is mad talented at making music that sounds good but I hold the bar higher for talented people. After all the years of the same stories about new cars, jewelry, exotic locations and other stuff it's not impressive any more TBH. I will never call jay z fake for rapping about what he ACTUALLY owns and DOES but I will call him fake for not talking about what makes him real as a person which is something that a good hand full of the "sell a brick guys" do from time to time.

Like u said all the paintings, cars, jets is his life now. He cant talk about what he used to do or he would REALLY come off fake.

You like stories about his life? That Oceans joint on his last album was a story. He made a song about his daughter too....a couple times. Magna Carta was him expressing his frustrations with fame and being introspective enough to understand that compared to most he isnt really going through much.

He cant be that guy yall fell in love with anymore. He's in a lose-lose. Thats why he made American Gangster so he could make a more reasonable doubt type album while passing it off as a "concept album".

Just say you cant relate to the ***** anymore. Because he's telling HIS story for the most part it's just something you not feeling.

A rich ***** rapping about being rich doesn't make him fake. The dude can only tell you his old story but so many times. He told y'all what to do if you feeling nostalgic buy/listen to his old ****.

You gotta talk on the phone to someone every day to be their friend? Come on now. No one said they were thick as theives, but I would wager that they consider themselves to be friends.

Also

I mean personally speaking.

I don't take any "sell a brick" rappers serious, I look at most as one hit wonders or trend hoppers. For those that turn out to actually make rap a career I listen to them to see what their story is and who they are. Whatever you talk about is what YOU as an artist and thats cool but there has to be some foundation to what your saying to keep me interested.

who you are

what you represent

where your from

whats your character built of

what your story is

over hov's career (and worst so as he's gotten older) he has done so little to really let me as a listener know what his foundation really stands on and why I should care. I mean we have most of the basic level information. He's from BK - he sold drugs - he's a hustler - he's now a millionaire. But that's all shallow (not deep enough) to me and the story hasn't TRULY changed, the cars - watches - jets - shoes - paintings he has have changed but the story hasn't. A car is a car and a watch is a watch, talk to me about life my nig.

I love stories. I like the fact that nas made a song about his daughter, I liked camron's I hate my job. I'm not saying this is an easy feat because hov nas and cam have been in the game since the early 90s but the music is still ART to me and I won't accept excuses for making music that has little to no digestible content. Jay is mad talented at making music that sounds good but I hold the bar higher for talented people. After all the years of the same stories about new cars, jewelry, exotic locations and other stuff it's not impressive any more TBH. I will never call jay z fake for rapping about what he ACTUALLY owns and DOES but I will call him fake for not talking about what makes him real as a person which is something that a good hand full of the "sell a brick guys" do from time to time.

Like u said all the paintings, cars, jets is his life now. He cant talk about what he used to do or he would REALLY come off fake.

You like stories about his life? That Oceans joint on his last album was a story. He made a song about his daughter too....a couple times. Magna Carta was him expressing his frustrations with fame and being introspective enough to understand that compared to most he isnt really going through much.

He cant be that guy yall fell in love with anymore. He's in a lose-lose. Thats why he made American Gangster so he could make a more reasonable doubt type album while passing it off as a "concept album".

Just say you cant relate to the ***** anymore. Because he's telling HIS story for the most part it's just something you not feeling.

A rich ***** rapping about being rich doesn't make him fake. The dude can only tell you his old story but so many times. He told y'all what to do if you feeling nostalgic buy/listen to his old ****.
THIS THIS THIS

How? Dame did his job but when you look at the type of success jay has had his whole career, at the foundation of it all was music. Jay made good music that sold well which generated income. That income allowed businesses to be formed. Dame may have made more day to day decisions but that doesn't mean dame made all of the decisions. Dame early on was the guy fighting for jay but once hard knock life came out all jay needed was his brand. Most of jay's success has come after the split. Most of Dame's lack of success has come after the split.

Yet jay couldnt get off the ground till he met dame

Yet jay couldnt get off the ground till he met dame

All im saying is that dame dash played a major roll. Its a music business and its no secret that dame made most of the decisions early on. Just look at all the early rocafella interviews. The different between jay and dame is that jay wanted to go corporate and dame was against that he wanted to keep roc in house between the three

The funniest thread on here hands down fam.

I can't tell if this is the most sophisticated trolling since Ninjahood or boys really have capes on this tight for a 40yr old man.

Homie is pretty good rapper not the messiah.

These are the kids at the concerts holding the diamonds up in the air like little mindless drones.
Is this a serious post? Its a concert fam what in the world do you expect. People to stand still with their hands in their pockets???

Shame on those people for becoming immersed in the experience.

Yea it's a serious post. These are types of people, some in this very thread, that look at Jay as a father figure.

I also encourage the development of programs, but there are plenty that already exist. And jay has given back, in whatever way that he can. I'm speaking from personal experience, you can't ask a man who's worked for everything he's got, for a handout. That leads to retaliation. You have to help yourself first. You can win the lottery, and still go broke if you have no solid foundation. Some people probably can't contribute as much as Jay can, money-wise. But, everyone can do their own part.

I guarantee you, most of the people judging him hasn't practiced NONE of what they're trying to preach. Not throwing shots, just pointing out facts.

What are you even trying to say here?

You encourage the development of programs, but there are plenty that already exist? What does that statement even mean?

Jay has given back, in whatever way that he can? Again, what does this mean?

Handouts lead to retaliation? What? Can you explain this?

@cguy610 does not approve of people going to Wu tang concerts. He especially doesn't approve of the Wu Tang Clan themselves.
mean.gif

wu tang is the on top of the list of concerts i want to go to 

1000 people surveyed. Lol. That sample size couldn't even cover NYC. Prolly not even Brooklyn. Def not the country.

@onthenephs - good point man. These kids don't remember the strangle hold on rap. They don't remember roca-pads. Lol.

Can't even blame em.

u know nothing. lol

What product does he promote that no one can afford?
jean michel basquiat paintings
MAYBACHS
audemars piguet watches
& the lists goes on & on stop being silly man you know JAY only promotes things for the super rich...JAY is HOUSE NI*GA STATUS to me now after the BARNEY'S incident everybody should know this by now...

thats what all rappers do though... do you expect him to be rapping about rocking starburys?

Back
Top Bottom