FANS NOT BUYING JAY Z BRAND

Kids these days. I brought up numbers just like you did. You cant have it both ways. In your eyes mc hammer is better then biggie because the numbers say so. We get it.

Why are you a grown man using the word "haters" though. That's what I really want to know.

Resorting to petty namecalling is the sign of one who lacks a higher education.

Hey mc hammer has a top 10 selling record of all time. Mc hammer is a top 10 selling rapper of all time. He's sold more records then biggie and his best selling album sold more records then biggies best selling album.

I'm just using your logic unless you contradict the numbers don't lie logic when it doesn't benifit your already flawed arguement.

Why do you use the word "hater" when someone has a different view then you? What makes you so defensive to feel someone is hating on you. Please answer that one.

Last edited:
The funniest thread on here hands down fam.

I can't tell if this is the most sophisticated trolling since Ninjahood or boys really have capes on this tight for a 40yr old man.

Homie is pretty good rapper not the messiah.

These are the kids at the concerts holding the diamonds up in the air like little mindless drones.

View media item 736817

No anger at all chief. If having a differing view then you and using the number logic against you is considered anger then I guess.

Regarding the first part. Props on that and respect on that level. Different opinions are what they are but its not that serious to me.

I can't tell if this is the most sophisticated trolling since Ninjahood or boys really have capes on this tight for a 40yr old man.

Homie is pretty good rapper not the messiah GODSMC.

:wink:

These are the kids at the concerts holding the diamonds up in the air like little mindless drones.

View media item 736817

View media item 736817
you upset?

:smokin

idk man ME being the person I am
if i made it outta the ghetto and became rich and successful
i would try to help other people get out of the hood
i would have definitely created or help try to create programs in my city to uplift, educate, and get people to try and make it out with the best tools knowledgeable
would i spend my fortune doing it???? NO
but thats not necessary
i would just want to try and give the people i grew up around and people who didnt have an equal opportunity an opportunity
thats just me though
u cant take ur money with u so might as well help where and when i can
and YES i would have money set aside for my family
but i would also like i said to develop programs for those less fortunate
:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin

[quote name="WhatCanISay"]. It seems like he has a minimalist attitude, and I will never respect that in a human being.[/quote]

So you just blatantly don't respect anyone who attempts to live a simple life?

The drive for material things has ruined out species.

Last edited:
So I'm listening to MC Serch on The Champs podcast.

And he's talking about the whole "I know who I paid, god, Serchlite Publishing" line on Takeover.

Turns out, Nas actually owns 5% of any money made on the song "Dead Presidents". And that song is huge. So he's kind of winning.

And Serchlite Publishing never exsited until 2011. And the deal Serch gave Nas during the Large Professor included 40% of the publishing from Illmatic.

Last edited:

Is this a serious post? Its a concert fam what in the world do you expect. People to stand still with their hands in their pockets???

Shame on those people for becoming immersed in the experience.

I mean personally speaking.

I don't take any "sell a brick" rappers serious, I look at most as one hit wonders or trend hoppers. For those that turn out to actually make rap a career I listen to them to see what their story is and who they are. Whatever you talk about is what YOU as an artist and thats cool but there has to be some foundation to what your saying to keep me interested.

who you are
what you represent
where your from
whats your character built of
what your story is

over hov's career (and worst so as he's gotten older) he has done so little to really let me as a listener know what his foundation really stands on and why I should care. I mean we have most of the basic level information. He's from BK - he sold drugs - he's a hustler - he's now a millionaire. But that's all shallow (not deep enough) to me and the story hasn't TRULY changed, the cars - watches - jets - shoes - paintings he has have changed but the story hasn't. A car is a car and a watch is a watch, talk to me about life my nig.

I love stories. I like the fact that nas made a song about his daughter, I liked camron's I hate my job. I'm not saying this is an easy feat because hov nas and cam have been in the game since the early 90s but the music is still ART to me and I won't accept excuses for making music that has little to no digestible content. Jay is mad talented at making music that sounds good but I hold the bar higher for talented people. After all the years of the same stories about new cars, jewelry, exotic locations and other stuff it's not impressive any more TBH. I will never call jay z fake for rapping about what he ACTUALLY owns and DOES but I will call him fake for not talking about what makes him real as a person which is something that a good hand full of the "sell a brick guys" do from time to time.

Exactly!!!

Why do ppl act like jay didnt have dame dash to take all the bullets which help catapult jays career

Last edited:
Bring back a thread from the second page with some new info and an interesting point.

All so no one can talk about that info or the point.

I feel you, NT.

Dame Dash was basically the brains behind everything and did all the work, right?

So that's why he was able to build another super strong music business entity without Jay-Z, right?

On an unrelated note, i love how much controversy there is over his Wikipedia page. Over the years i've had a habit of looking Dame Dash up on Wikipedia just to see what comes up, because sometimes it'll be a crazy breakdown of everything, sometimes it'll talk about all his ventures and act as though Roc-A-Fella never existed, and sometimes there's no page whatsoever. It's wierd but cool at the same time.

Last edited:

I wouldnt say that...dame was the brains to put jay in the right spaces..I feel like jay gets way too much credit for most business decisions...jay NEEDED DAME just as much

I wouldnt say that...dame was the brains to put jay in the right spaces..I feel like jay gets way too much credit for most business decisions...jay NEEDED DAME just as much
How? Dame did his job but when you look at the type of success jay has had his whole career, at the foundation of it all was music. Jay made good music that sold well which generated income. That income allowed businesses to be formed. Dame may have made more day to day decisions but that doesn't mean dame made all of the decisions. Dame early on was the guy fighting for jay but once hard knock life came out all jay needed was his brand. Most of jay's success has come after the split. Most of Dame's lack of success has come after the split.

How? Dame did his job but when you look at the type of success jay has had his whole career, at the foundation of it all was music. Jay made good music that sold well which generated income. That income allowed businesses to be formed. Dame may have made more day to day decisions but that doesn't mean dame made all of the decisions. Dame early on was the guy fighting for jay but once hard knock life came out all jay needed was his brand. Most of jay's success has come after the split. Most of Dame's lack of success has come after the split.
but what u tend to not think of is what did jay have to do to get that success
did he **** on dame and get him kicked out of def jam/rocafella
maybe there was an agreement between him and some people and his "success" is because of that move
remember all the talk about jay ratting out everybody on the black distribution and everybody getting caught up afterwards
it makes u think...................

maybe there was an agreement between him and some people and his "success" is because of that move

remember all the talk about jay ratting out everybody on the black distribution and everybody getting caught up afterwards

A lot of "maybes" and "I thinks". I hate to sound repetitive, but try to focus on Facts.
honestly we dont know facts
we dont know dames actual worth
or jay contract details just what we hear second hand

A lot of "maybes" and "I thinks". I hate to sound repetitive, but try to focus on Facts.
honestly we dont know facts

we dont know dames actual worth

or jay contract details just what we hear second hand

I underlined a crucial fact that the other NTer pointed out in his post. What I'm trying to say is, let's focus on what we do know and less on speculation.
he's made A TON of money after the split i wont deny that
but think about it
he hasnt reached that pinnacle of acclaim since the split either
so to some people success isnt just about money
do u agree???

What "pinnacle of acclaim" would you be referring to champ??
"the best rapper doing it"
the blueprint
sales
as well as the music he puts out
cant front like it hasnt been downhill since they split
It's like with anybody or just about anything in general, once you get to the top there's only once place to go from there, but IF it's been downhill for him since the split it looks like a very good road to be on.  Playing for the President of the United States THE night before the election in 2012, all while mocking the other candidate.  Check out the video below, looks like a "pinnacle of acclaim" to me champ. 

Last edited:

What "pinnacle of acclaim" would you be referring to champ??
"the best rapper doing it"

the blueprint

sales

as well as the music he puts out

cant front like it hasnt been downhill since they split

It's like with anybody or just about anything in general, once you get to the top there's only once place to go from there, but IF it's been downhill for him since the split it looks like a very good road to be on.  Playing for the President of the United States THE night before the election in 2012, all while mocking the other candidate.  Check out the video below, looks like a "pinnacle of acclaim" to me champ. 

ive met the president
didnt really care that much
aint do nothing for my life
if meeting the president to u is acclaim idk what to tell u
people at roscos met the president when he ate there
is that their level of acclaim

Back
Top Bottom