Fantasy Baseball 2010! It's back!

Originally Posted by outkast9984

someone dropped javier vasquez....is he worth a pick up although he has been struggling
What is your current SP staff?

Honestly, I think it's a lack of confidence situation with Javy. He's bound to get things going at some point, no way I see him pitching poorly all season (I would be upset, for obvious reasons).

If you have a comfortable staff already, then maybe you can just pass on Javy, or take the risk for a start or two and see how it goes.

Originally Posted by bkmac

Originally Posted by outkast9984

someone dropped javier vasquez....is he worth a pick up although he has been struggling
What is your current SP staff?

Honestly, I think it's a lack of confidence situation with Javy. He's bound to get things going at some point, no way I see him pitching poorly all season (I would be upset, for obvious reasons).

If you have a comfortable staff already, then maybe you can just pass on Javy, or take the risk for a start or two and see how it goes.

[table][tr][td]Justin Verlander, Det SP [/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]
@Tex
[/td][td]8:05 PM (Harrison)[/td][td][/td][td]22.0[/td][td]24[/td][td]17[/td][td]9[/td][td]19[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][td]6.95[/td][td]1.50[/td][td][/td][td]-0.40[/td][td]100.0[/td][td]+0[/td][/tr][tr][td]P[/td][td]Josh Beckett, Bos SP PP [/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]
@Tor
[/td][td]7:10 PM (Eveland)[/td][td][/td][td]25.2[/td][td]28[/td][td]15[/td][td]10[/td][td]17[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][td]5.26[/td][td]1.48[/td][td][/td][td]0.24[/td][td]100.0[/td][td]+0[/td][/tr][tr][td]P[/td][td]Tommy Hanson, Atl SP [/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]
@StL
[/td][td]8:15 PM (Lohse)[/td][td][/td][td]16.0[/td][td]14[/td][td]5[/td][td]8[/td][td]18[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][td]2.81[/td][td]1.38[/td][td][/td][td]3.21[/td][td]100.0[/td][td]+0[/td][/tr][tr][td]P[/td][td]Trevor Hoffman, Mil RP[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]
Pit
[/td][td]8:10 PM (Duke)[/td][td][/td][td]6.0[/td][td]9[/td][td]7[/td][td]1[/td][td]3[/td][td]1[/td][td]3[/td][td]10.50[/td][td]1.67[/td][td][/td][td]-0.43[/td][td]97.2[/td][td]-2.8[/td][/tr][tr][td]P[/td][td]Chad Qualls, Ari RP [/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]
@Col
[/td][td]8:40 PM (Hammel)[/td][td][/td][td]7.0[/td][td]13[/td][td]8[/td][td]3[/td][td]5[/td][td]0[/td][td]3[/td][td]10.29[/td][td]2.29[/td][td][/td][td]-0.51[/td][td]87.9[/td][td]-8[/td][/tr][tr][td]P[/td][td]Carlos Marmol, ChC RP [/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]
Was
[/td][td]8:05 PM (Lannan)[/td][td][/td][td]9.2[/td][td]5[/td][td]1[/td][td]4[/td][td]19[/td][td]0[/td][td]3[/td][td]0.93[/td][td]0.93[/td][td][/td][td]2.48[/td][td]100.0[/td][td]+0[/td][/tr][tr][td]P[/td][td]Jonathan Sanchez, SF SP PP[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]
Phi
[/td][td]10:15 PM (Halladay)[/td][td][/td][td]19.1[/td][td]11[/td][td]4[/td][td]8[/td][td]27[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][td]1.86[/td][td]0.98[/td][td][/td][td]5.92[/td][td]100.0[/td][td]+1.1[/td][/tr][tr][td]P[/td][td]Andy Pettitte, NYY SP [/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]28.0[/td][td]21[/td][td]4[/td][td]9[/td][td]22[/td][td]3[/td][td]0[/td][td]1.29[/td][td]1.07[/td][td][/td][td]7.56[/td][td]87.7[/td][td]+10.6[/td][/tr][tr][td]P[/td][td]Joel Zumaya, Det RP [/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]
@Tex
[/td][td]8:05 PM (Harrison)[/td][td][/td][td]12.0[/td][td]9[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]13[/td][td]2[/td][td]0[/td][td]0.00[/td][td]0.75[/td][td][/td][td]2.87[/td][td]4.1[/td][td]+0.8[/td][/tr][tr][td]Bench[/td][td]Derek Lowe, Atl SP[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]
@StL
[/td][td]8:15 PM (Lohse)[/td][td][/td][td]22.1[/td][td]22[/td][td]13[/td][td]14[/td][td]14[/td][td]3[/td][td]0[/td][td]5.24[/td][td]1.61[/td][td][/td][td]-0.63[/td][td]44.0[/td][td]-2.3[/td][/tr][tr][td]Bench[/td][td]Jeremy Bonderman, Det RP, SP PP [/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]
here is my staff....i was thinking about dropping bonderman for him

Parada- I wouldn't start Hudson. He gets no K's anymore and he basically has to rely on getting a W for any fantasy relevance. I don't like him against STL bitters. But. It's early in the week I usually start anyone unless I have a huge lead.

And Kast I'd def drop Bonderman for Javier he'll get u more K's and he'll eventually turn it around and end up double digit wins. He's been bad in NY but he'll still get 12+ wins and 150+ k's.

I got offered Beltran and Kazmir for Theriot

I am stacked on hitters my pitchers are

Tim Lincecum
Wandy Rodriguez
Tim Hanson
Andy Pettitte

What you guys think?

Josh Johnson coming through in the clutch for me tonight, on the mound and at the plate
pimp.gif
. I want to trade for Danny Haren too, he's always been a favorite of mine.

Originally Posted by parada45

Tim Lincecum
Wandy Rodriguez
Tim Hanson
Andy Pettitte

What you guys think?
Granted Kazmir has only three starts this season so far, but out of the two I've seen against the Yankees, I didn't like what I saw from him. I actually have him on my team too, just for depth. Since you claim to be stacked on hitters, maybe trading Theriot will be fine. Who is taking his starting spot?

Try and see if you can get a reliever included in the deal, since Beltran's return time is still a question mark (if I'm not mistaken).

im doing terrible in the pitching... a lot of my big time pitchers have struggled this year (verlander,beckett, and a few closers who killed my era) i was wondering should i still start lowe tomorrow against the cardinals? im currently last in era and 2nd to last in whip...my era is like 4.6 and whip 1.4.....

I need a 1st baseman badly...I started with Chris Davis and he got sent down to Triple AAA...For now I'm playing Aubrey Huff...Who would you choose out of...

Ike Davis
Ty Wigginton
Daric Barton
Gaby Sanchez
Justin Smoak

bkmac wrote:
Josh Johnson coming through in the clutch for me tonight, on the mound and at the plate
pimp.gif
. I want to trade for Danny Haren too, he's always been a favorite of mine.

parada45 wrote:

Tim Lincecum
Wandy Rodriguez
Tim Hanson
Andy Pettitte

What you guys think?
Granted Kazmir has only three starts this season so far, but out of the two I've seen against the Yankees, I didn't like what I saw from him. I actually have him on my team too, just for depth. Since you claim to be stacked on hitters, maybe trading Theriot will be fine. Who is taking his starting spot?

Try and see if you can get a reliever included in the deal, since Beltran's return time is still a question mark (if I'm not mistaken).

If I trade Theriot I have the following players to take his spot

Chipper Jones
Justin Smoak
Chone Figgins

These guys are usually on my bench

Originally Posted by dvdjamm5150

I need a 1st baseman badly...I started with Chris Davis and he got sent down to Triple AAA...For now I'm playing Aubrey Huff...Who would you choose out of...

Ike Davis
Ty Wigginton
Daric Barton
Gaby Sanchez
Justin Smoak

I'd go with Barton or Smoak.

Two more guys went on the DL today
smh.gif
. So far I got Brian Roberts, Miguel Montero, Nelson Cruz and Brett Anderson on the DL. Dropped Montero and picked up Marlon Byrd. Hopefully Cruz comes back soon.

Is Chone Figgins dropable?

He has been terrible.
Absolutely not.  Bench-able yeah but unless this is a 4 team league don't help everyone else out by dropping him.  Just plug someone else in until he comes around because he will.

Aight cool thanks dude

How about Yunel Escobar?
He just moved up to the lead-off spot which shows that Manager Bobby Cox believes he will come around.  If your in 10 team mixed-league or a shallower league I would say you could drop him if you have another decent SS but in 12 team league or larger I would hold on to him and or try to trade him for something.  I would think that you might be able to get something for him from a manager with a lesser known SS or one that just isn't performing much better.  But I will say that I'm not a huge fan of Escobar at all so if push comes to shove and you really have someone you want to pick up hes not a terrible drop because besides average their really isn't much that's too tough too replace maybe at SS (depending on the league) but not overall.  He's still young though and I'm sure that most people who drafted him were looking for growth in the offensive categories because previous years stats are somewhat modest.

I fell like there are a few contradictions in there but I hope that helps.  I guess overall pretty mixed feeling.

I usually try to have 2 SS and 2 catchers on my teams. I've had Yunel and Tejada. Dropped Yunel in any league I had him in last week. Tejada has been hitting really good so far this season.

I need a spot start today

Should I go with Gavin Floyd CWS or Scott Feldman TEX

CWS are on the road at Texas

Leaning towards Floyd even though he is on the road

Thats playing with fire right there but if I had to pitch one of them it would be Feldman.  He is always pitchers better at home than on the road and Gavin Floyd has been absolutely terrible against Texas in his career.  (Although only 2 starts)  But Feldman has also been throwing a lot better than Floyd his year.  If you have other options I might look there.  Someone I would suggest who is gonna be available in your league is Doug Davis.  Yes I know his ERA is near 9 but hes playing at PETCO (@SD) where he has historically dominated.  I would look for him to get back on track today with a solid outing.

Originally Posted by Nonstoptalk

Thats playing with fire right there but if I had to pitch one of them it would be Feldman.  He is always pitchers better at home than on the road and Gavin Floyd has been absolutely terrible against Texas in his career.  (Although only 2 starts)  But Feldman has also been throwing a lot better than Floyd his year.  If you have other options I might look there.  Someone I would suggest who is gonna be available in your league is Doug Davis.  Yes I know his ERA is near 9 but hes playing at PETCO (@SD) where he has historically dominated.  I would look for him to get back on track today with a solid outing.
I went with Floyd had a good game and got me a W
Wandy Rodriguez is out 2morrow dudes

Originally Posted by Nonstoptalk

I went with Floyd had a good game and got me a W
Wandy Rodriguez is out 2morrow dudes

Both looked good today.  Each had 3 R but only 1 ER. Really nice to get the win though.  I streamed Davis in a couple leagues.  Looked lights out through 3 with 5Ks.  Looks like the wheels are falling off here now in 4th an error a walk and then 3 straight hits. 
mad.gif

If you guys need a SP today go with TB's Jeff Niemann

They play the Royals at home

I just picked him up

Back
Top Bottom