Fast and Furious Thread: Hobbs and Shaw Spin Off 2019 - Tyrese career ending injury

Dex was a victim of circumstance. He turned down Cipher, she recruited Owen, Dom and Co. take down Owen and at face looks like Dom and his squad did it off GP, but they wouldn't have had to if Cipher hadn't made him take the job. Though I doubt he joins the team, it might be a favor for favor thing but he'll probably do his own thing and the fam will remain the fam.

I def don't see the Rock doing anymore unless he and Vin squash the beef but would like for them too because he def adds the muscle to the crew and working for Mr. Nobody means he's not always on the clock and can spend more time w/ his daughter.

I'm glad they didn't write Eastwood's character to replace Brian in a forced way.

I say the Rock needs to stay on.

It's sad that Vin and the Rock had to beef.

If I had to choose between Vin and Rock, I'd choose Rock to lead the team with Deckard just because having Vin without Brian feels weird.

Part of me wonders if the FF franchise is not subtlety trying to go in that direction already.

Last edited:
They had beef? Wasn't that basically just talked about without revealing any details because of the plot of the movie?

Pretty sure it was PR unless there was real beef that I missed somehow

They had beef? Wasn't that basically just talked about without revealing any details because of the plot of the movie?

I think it's all PR -- don't know why they needed to do it though -- the movie was gonna make $$$ either way.

I think it's all PR -- don't know why they needed to do it though -- the movie was gonna make $$$ either way.

It was just to spice things up and make it seem legit and get people thinking there was real beef

Then people to think it had to do with the movie and get people interested long before any trailer or anything was revealed.

It was a good move IMO because it got a lot of people interested and talking about it

Na there's probably been real beef. I don't think Vin and the Rock's characters had any direct interaction the whole movie

Last edited:
And don't they have them running separate promos for the movie or something? Or the Rock not even doing promos for it but for Baywatch

Na there's probably been real beef. I don't think Vin and the Rock's characters had any direct interaction the whole movie

I read an article on yahoo, that said the beef stemmed from the fact that Vin was being a diva on set and was keeping crew members and cast waiting up to 6 hours to shoot his scenes. This falls in line with The Rocks post about professionalism and how he gives his all to the franchise. The article also said that they've met multiple times behind closed doors but have come to no resolution. I've been searching for this article for a min but can't find it, read it a month ago

If I had to write in Lucas Black into this movie...

I would've had him be Eastwoods character, had Mr. Nobody say "i have a new partner, you guys may be familiar with him" and have Lucas walk in to work with them

OR

At that ending scene with Vin driving away from the heat missile, had another car pull beside him with some kind of "heat" on it to redirect the missile, and this car drifts around the front of the sub, not showing the driver, show an overhead shot of the car being millimeters away from hitting the sub), eventually getting the missile to hit the sub and blow it up. Vins like wtf and the myster car stops...camera zooms in showing the back of this mystery car, the door opens and out comes Lucas

Haven't seen anything, but then again I don't really follow press for films or premieres or anything like that. I do feel like the cast is close enough to where they'd at least show the resolution in the press or at least address it and say "we're family and that's all there is to it."

I would've had him be Eastwoods character, had Mr. Nobody say "i have a new partner, you guys may be familiar with him" and have Lucas walk in to work with them

OR

At that ending scene with Vin driving away from the heat missile, had another car pull beside him with some kind of "heat" on it to redirect the missile, and this car drifts around the front of the sub, not showing the driver, show an overhead shot of the car being millimeters away from hitting the sub), eventually getting the missile to hit the sub and blow it up. Vins like wtf and the mystery​ car stops...camera zooms in showing the back of this mystery car, the door opens and out comes Lucas

Lucas is still a "kid" that got sent to Tokyo as punishment for almost killing da douchebag from Home Improvement in a race with his Viper vs da super hooptie Monte Carlo...

he doesn't even know Vin like that, they only spoke after Vin beat him in a race (da cameo of Tokyo Drift) and he told em bout Hann.

speaking of loose back stories, ya seen da prequel of Fast & furious 4 da Bandoleros that explains Tego & Don Omar Summing up to da beginning of 4?

OR

At that ending scene with Vin driving away from the heat missile, had another car pull beside him with some kind of "heat" on it to redirect the missile, and this car drifts around the front of the sub, not showing the driver, show an overhead shot of the car being millimeters away from hitting the sub), eventually getting the missile to hit the sub and blow it up. Vins like wtf and the mystery​ car stops...camera zooms in showing the back of this mystery car, the door opens and out comes Lucas

Lucas is still a "kid" that got sent to Tokyo as punishment for almost killing da douchebag from Home Improvement in a race with his Viper vs da super hooptie Monte Carlo...

he doesn't even know Vin like that, they only spoke after Vin beat him in a race (da cameo of Tokyo Drift) and he told em bout Hann.

speaking of loose back stories, ya seen da prequel of Fast & furious 4 da Bandoleros that explains Tego & Don Omar Summing up to da beginning of 4?

Yea I think I saw it...he along with a few others seem to be the missing cameos that they can include in F9-F10

OR

Been trying to find the name of that song for the longest, song is mad smooth. Are u referring tot he music video being a tie in or is there another video I should be lookin for?

And Boswell has to be mid to late 20's by now since 7 and 8 happened after Haan dies. I don't see them tying him in w/o tying Twinkie into it and I don't think any of us wanna see Lamborghini Moss Zzzhhhmmm in another F&F movie. He did know how to hook up a car though.

OR

Been trying to find the name of that song for the longest, song is mad smooth. Are u referring tot he music video being a tie in or is there another video I should be lookin for?

And Boswell has to be mid to late 20's by now since 7 and 8 happened after Haan dies. I don't see them tying him in w/o tying Twinkie into it and I don't think any of us wanna see Lamborghini Moss Zzzhhhmmm in another F&F movie. He did know how to hook up a car though.

the song Don Omar - Bandolero?

OR

the song Don Omar - Bandolero?

I guess, he mentioned a prequel story w/ the same name so I assumed he was talkin bout the song, which I've been tryna find the name of for a minute on and off.

Really think this was Rock's last one, this saves them a lot in salary to pay too since Rock was probably 2nd highest paid in the cast behind Vin Diesel. Especially now that they have to pay Charlize and Statham as well most likely in the next one

If Rock doesn't act in any more movies, it will really drop my interest level. I was already iffy about them continuing without Paul Walker.

Loved the movie. Definitely entertaining as usual.

Only thing that through me off

was that Vin decided to name his son Brian. Like... I get it cause it's in the movie. But I really thought he was gonna name him Paul. Just as a nod to the real life man that played Brian. I think the fans would've enjoyed it as well. I know personally I think that would've been super dope.
I felt the same way.. When he decided to name the kid Brian.. The theater didn't cheer at all.. :smh:

Why not named the child Paul? Brian kid is named Jack..

If Rock doesn't act in any more movies, it will really drop my interest level. I was already iffy about them continuing without Paul Walker.

Agreed, kinda

Don't like the way his character has acted in this one, I like it when he's serious and a bad ***.

Really think this was Rock's last one, this saves them a lot in salary to pay too since Rock was probably 2nd highest paid in the cast behind Vin Diesel. Especially now that they have to pay Charlize and Statham as well most likely in the next one
It's gonna severely hurt the earnings potential though. Like the rock is worth what you pay him. He's probably the biggest action movie non comic book movie draw out there

It's gonna severely hurt the earnings potential though. Like the rock is worth what you pay him. He's probably the biggest action movie non comic book movie draw out there
Actually might be the BIGGEST STAR in Hollywood right now. He top the list as highest paid I believe.

I think that's correct. He's def most paid last time I checked

He could be leaving because he's got a ton of other projects

Back
Top Bottom