Fast and Furious Thread: Hobbs and Shaw Spin Off 2019 - Tyrese career ending injury

Highest paid changes year by year depending on what projects the top stars do and how well those projects do.  RDJ is usually #1 in a year with Avengers, this year with him just being in homecoming i doubt that'll have him #1.  Vin Diesel should be #1 this year with Fate of The Furious, Xander Cage and Guardians of the Galaxy.  Rock will be up there too with Fate of The Furious, Baywatch and Jumanji.  Dicaprio not gonna be up there this year, Depp got Pirates of the Caribbean and a few other movies.  Tom Cruise got the mummy and american made.  Will Smith doesn't have anything big neither does Matt Damon.  Ben Affleck got Justice League 

What's crazy about the worldwide gross is that the domestic opening wasn't that amazing. Market for ff seems to have went back to normal levels domestically post f7 but the international market seems to have grown..

fans seem to like this one a lot, I knew domestic box office would be down but I bet it picks back up with F9

Forgot Vin was Groot for a min :lol: Hell, I don't even think he'll have that many "I am Groot" lines in this one since he's baby Groot.

Vin is still voicing a of Groot's lines. The only thing is they're going to make his voice go through a modulator to make it several pitch higher

All that money to do a job that I think even I an do, and I can't act for **** lol

Last edited:
They're really superheroes now lmao. If you take the Fast and Furious 1 versions of themselves, they would've been dead within the first five minutes of Fast Five and every movie after :rofl:

Came a long way from stealing car parts off semis

Charlize reminded me of

Gone-in-Sixty-Seconds.jpg

Hell no :x

Don't like the way his character has acted in this one, I like it when he's serious and a bad ***.

That whole soccer scene was wack af besides the kiwi ritual

Lol Hobbs was showing that captain america supersoldier strength

Vin has superpowers of his own. Dunno what it is but when you can win a race going backwards, on fire, with a **** car...that's got to count as some kind of superpower lol

Last edited:
Overall this one was meh. Idk just didnt deliver like the other ones. That opening scene was just :x

I did like the cameo of Don Omar and his boy. And the plan with Shaw brothers, and their mom.

So how does Letty reference not bringing Brian and Mia into the mix, as if Brian was alive (in real life). But then Dom pays tribute at the end naming his kid Brian (as if he were dead).

Statham was the best, and all of his fight scenes looked like scenes from the Transporter.

Tez and Roman back n forth has gotten old, as well as Roman actin like a punk.

Charlize was a great villain though, and she was looking fine AF.

I guess that was an ok "twist" to make Dom turn, but would have been better if he got put in more situations to consider being a "traitor".

They might as well bring Verone back too. He's got a real reason to come after Roman and Tez.

My ranks ...

Last edited:
Overall this one was meh. Idk just didnt deliver like the other ones. That opening scene was just :x

I did like the cameo of Don Omar and his boy. And the plan with Shaw brothers, and their mom.

So how does Letty reference not bringing Brian and Mia into the mix, as if Brian was alive (in real life). But then Dom pays tribute at the end naming his kid Brian (as if he were dead).

Statham was the best, and all of his fight scenes looked like scenes from the Transporter.

I guess that was an ok "twist" to make Dom turn, but would have been better if he got put in more situations to consider being a "traitor".

They might as well bring Verone back too. He's got a real reason to come after Roman and Tez.

My ranks ...

This is probably the harshest review on NT to date. Even I liked the movie and I went in expecting not to like it :lol:

My ranks ...

Wholeheartedly agree with this, they should've just not even mention the characters to begin with, everyone is aware PW died, there's literally no need to keep bringing Brian up. Baby should've been named Pablo. That's the thing that bugged me, You name your kid after someone that died not after your BFF and father to your sisters baby :lol:
They actin like Brian hasn't left Mia to go back in to help also

I can agree with your feelings but like I said previously I gave a lot of breaks on this film since this is the first one from start to finish where PW was just not involved, so the vibe could've not just been there, Hell the whole naming the baby after Brian(although forced) probably felt right at the time, even though the entire ending of the last film was a tribute. You never know what's going on in people's head when they lose not only a costar but someone they were actually close with.

I mean everyone outside of what is to believed to be the close circle in the cast (theron, Mirren, Stratham, Russell was good too) Brought their A game, and it was probably easier for them. seemed like everyone else was just going through the motions, like they didn't expect to still be affected like that

It's going to be interesting how the last 2 play out since Dom has a son now, they can't be running heists with the baby and I doubt Letty sits out, since she can actually handle herself and it isn't her child......maybe Hobbs daughter becomes a babysitter??

Last edited:
jesus y'all were they supposed to add a scene with Hobbs at her grave site before the end family gathering?

I completely agree about mentioning Brian and Mia.. should have just left that alone there and do the name tribute at the end

I think inevitable Hobbs has to find out since we gotta assume ole girl is back as a villain again, might have been too much right then between the 2 of those guys over acting

I personally am cool with the Brian name drop. It's not like they made a habit of doing it all film...that would've been bad.

I think it would've been much cooler if they had named the baby Paul instead of Brian.

I personally am cool with the Brian name drop. It's not like they made a habit of doing it all film...that would've been bad.

I think it would've been much cooler if they had named the baby Paul instead of Brian.

Word up or even Vince since he name his son after Dom.

But the Brian name drop had to be mentioned, in the movies, Brian retired, and it was about a year or so ago time wise and knowing Brian and Dom were/are brothers makes sense that Brian would know what to do. If you think about the team, if it wasn't Dom w/ the plan, it was Brian comin up w/ something so w/o either of them, they didn't really have a leader per se outside of Hobbs.

Also, they def never brought up Elena after she was murked so we don't know whether Dom told Hobbs off screen or what.

Back
Top Bottom