Fast and Furious Thread: Hobbs and Shaw Spin Off 2019 - Tyrese career ending injury

I think my biggest gripe with F8 was them mentioning "Brian knowing what to do" since he's still alive in their universe.

Then he names his son Brian as a memorial to him.

Seeing how they were going to handle Paul's character postmortem was one of the points of intrigue going into this film.

I don't have a problem with the "knowing what to do" part, its a little subtle way of acknowledging him, I have an issue with naming the baby Brian, I thought that was too much.

Make a Hobbs spin off. Get Jason Statham on board. Put everybody else to rest. Should've finished the series with Paul.

it just made $532 million globally

there is no need to put the series to rest

bingo...

biggest global opening weekend ever not involving comic book superheroes? or light sabers? or optimus prime? yeah these are gonna be made for da foreseeable future...

that Hobbs & Shaw spin off NEEDS to happen...just expand that whole furious universe.

Lol it just means the series isn't going to end on its terms. It may not be the next movie or the movie after that but when it ends, it will look ugly.

You want ppl to go 'See that, that was a great ending to an unbelievable franchise' Not 'Damn they shouldn't have made that movie. Those ***** didn't know when to stop' lol

You guys want them to ride until the wheels fall off. There's nothing wrong with that. I just disagree.

I think they should make 9 and 10 then retire the series

I think they make 9-10 with these guys, and then in a couple years they are going to re-boot, re-invent, re-imagine, whatever phrase you want to use and get a completely new set of people in there to start it all over again. Next gen, etc.

If Fast 10 makes, say......1-1.5 billion in the box office as "the last" of the franchise, you know damn well they comin back. :lol:

This is Bond stuff, with more gear shifting. They can create any storyline, any country, any characters in and out, and just keep it connected and the film(s) will work. There is no end to that, imo. F&F 17, Bond 24, all the same thing. Bond has just been around 50+ years. F&F approaching 20.

Justin Lin deserves so much credit for what he did with Tokyo, when the majority of the world thought that was gonna be the end.

Hell, I remember the thread NT had when 4 was announced, and we found out Walker, Vin, Michelle and Jordana were all comin back. The photos of the new cars, Brian in a suit (from the funeral scene) We were just happy to get that "last sequel" :lol: Now look at us. This franchise is a juggernaut. :pimp:

Justin Linn lucky that Vin Diesel's star in Hollywood fell just low enough that he couldn't dub being in Fast & furious 4 and he knew he had to clean up that sewage that was Tokyo.

Should've named Dom's son Paul.

Great movie but I have one gripe. Shaw killed Han and there's no beef after everything is said and done? I get the root of everything but they was all one big happy family at the end. I don't care that he got Dom's kid back.

tyrese trying to read russian was the funniest moment of the movie for me. was dying in the theater

overall i really enjoyed it. i totally forgot shaw killed han :lol:

Justin Linn lucky that Vin Diesel's star in Hollywood fell just low enough that he couldn't dub being in Fast & furious 4 and he knew he had to clean up that sewage that was Tokyo.

Naw. Lin brought Vin in during Tokyo to explain what his overall vision for the franchise was, and that convinced Vin to come back.

4 – Hours Lin spent with Vin Diesel to convince him to make a cameo in “Tokyo Drift.” After Diesel notoriously turned down the opportunity to star in “2 Fast 2 Furious,” Lin was told “there’s no ******* way you’re getting Vin Diesel” for “Tokyo Drift.” However, Lin and Universal exec Jeffrey Kirschenbaum were undeterred in snagging him for the film’s final coda. As Lin remembered, “We talked our way to going to his house. I remember he was showing us his Dungeons and Dragons book and stuff like that and I ended up talking by his poolside for four hours about the mythology [of the series] and his relationship with Han. It sounds crazy, but all the way up to ‘Fast 6,’ a lot of that was talked about that night in 2005.” Cut to eight months later when they were testing the film for the first time, Lin said, “When Vin Diesel showed up, I remember sitting in the audience and the crowd went crazy and that’s when the studio went, ‘Wow, maybe we should bring him back.'”

Thought the film was pretty good, less convoluted than the last 2.

Yet it's hard to ignore how the film isn't anything like what the series started out as, except for a couple of the actors and the names of their characters. I was able to look past that in the last couple of films because you still had most of the original core with Brian and Mia.

The absence of Brian was also glaring, the weak replacement of the new agent wasn't cutting it.

Naw. Lin brought Vin in during Tokyo to explain what his overall vision for the franchise was, and that convinced Vin to come back.

4 – Hours Lin spent with Vin Diesel to convince him to make a cameo in “Tokyo Drift.” After Diesel notoriously turned down the opportunity to star in “2 Fast 2 Furious,” Lin was told “there’s no ******* way you’re getting Vin Diesel” for “Tokyo Drift.” However, Lin and Universal exec Jeffrey Kirschenbaum were undeterred in snagging him for the film’s final coda. As Lin remembered, “We talked our way to going to his house. I remember he was showing us his Dungeons and Dragons book and stuff like that and I ended up talking by his poolside for four hours about the mythology [of the series] and his relationship with Han. It sounds crazy, but all the way up to ‘Fast 6,’ a lot of that was talked about that night in 2005.” Cut to eight months later when they were testing the film for the first time, Lin said, “When Vin Diesel showed up, I remember sitting in the audience and the crowd went crazy and that’s when the studio went, ‘Wow, maybe we should bring him back.'”

Vin showing up at the end of TD was the literal "spark" that brought the franchise back. I was/is still am a huge fan of Tokyo Drift and the only Fast movie I don't care to watch again was the fourth one.

6 is the clear best, whole crew assembled, great villain, upgraded in every way
8 is next at this point, action was insane, missing a few key members, maybe the best villian in Cipher, stakes extremely high with Dom's kid
5 is next, Rock upgrade was genius, weak as hell villain tho, dude was worthless. But huge step in the franchise
7 the good bye to Brian, painful close, wish we could have seen the story if Paul was still alive and where they would have headed, awesome villain,
1 the OG, started it all, Point Break remake with cars, special film, everyone so young, but it was simplistic and watered down action compared to 5-8
4 the return of the main cast, Braga was pretty good, but otherwise the storyline was softer than other films, great to see Han, but lose Letty.
2 seeing the introduction of Teja and Roman, Billickins back, and Brian in Miami, bringing in Fuentes, and Varone was pretty decent villain
3 is the "weakest" because Lucas isn't much, DK was meh, but Han was brilliant and the racing/cars were pretty dope. Dom cameo a huge plus.

To me, pretty simple, the 4 newest are so massively upgraded, and the first 4 were more "normal" and street racing heavy, and that's how they slot in terms of overall. The bottom 4 are still perfectly good films, just not on the scale of the newest 4. Bottom line, still a solid 6-7 movies in the franchise, and even the weakest 2-3 are still pretty good and have parts worth seeing/viewing multiple times. I could watch 2 and 3 with ease and be perfectly content watchin them. Compared to 5-6-7-8 tho, course they won't live up. :lol:

Come to think of it, the clearest spinoff they may have the best chance at doing is taking it back to Tokyo Drift. I don't think I want to see a whole film about Hobbs.

Back
Top Bottom