Fast food workers protest for $15 minimum wage.

lol in a office um most of the work in a office is done with technology same with housework... um I promise you most offices have things like cpu, printers, copy machines.... don't have switchboards... and most homes have things like dishwashers ppl have vacuums etc...washers and dryers.... microwaves...

again you do realize yrs past ppl didn't have any of these things and still found time to cook a decent meal everyday... You do realize americans in general are the unhealthiest and out of shape EVER!!!!!

Um I wonder why.... could it be they are lazy and rely to much on tech thus making them lazy in other aspects of life? Um of course not, humans just had some sort of evolution/change in body and became fatter etc.... well according to you that's the way it is...lol
what in all theeeee hell are you even talking about? 

Hasn't improved since the initial roll out in 2008. new machines, new os same problems. Self checkouts are for 10 or less small items if you have more than that demand a cashier
the Walmart near me does more then 10 items, and you can also do large ticket/large items as well... you just grab the ticket sheet and scan it. Self checkout has although not much has affected the job market... And when 3d printing/building goes mainstream those temp to hire, warehouse/factory type jobs will be minimized to ppl governing and watching correcting the mistakes the machine may make...and a tech person to provide upkeep and maintenance.

Economically speaking raising the minimum wage does not have any positive benefits in the long run. Even if they receive $15/hr, there will be a reduction in employees, a more strict hiring process; food prices will go up etc., etc.  Increases in minimum wage are not cost free; the cost will be passed to someone.

In n out pays their employees around $11-12 per hour. My double double combo comes out to less then what a Big Mac combo costs while tasting better and being better quality.

the Walmart near me does more then 10 items, and you can also do large ticket/large items as well... you just grab the ticket sheet and scan it. Self checkout has although not much has affected the job market... And when 3d printing/building goes mainstream those temp to hire, warehouse/factory type jobs will be minimized to ppl governing and watching correcting the mistakes the machine may make...and a tech person to provide upkeep and maintenance.

Can see this becoming an in demand job in the future. More automated machines in the future. Machines are gonna break, humans are gonna need to fix them.

Last edited:
In n out pays their employees around $11-12 per hour. My double double combo comes out to less then what a Big Mac combo costs while tasting better and being better quality.

Even if you throw in the animal style fries, still cost less.

Those self check outs are still not very efficient IMO. What they need to do is to have some type of order online and pick up in 20 mins (or same day delivery) with the store being like a giant assembly line that prepares your order using robots. THAT will be the future

Can see this becoming an in demand job in the future. More automated machines in the future. Machines are gonna break, humans are gonna need to fix them.

People are going to need to learn how to fix them. Not everybody is interested.

Those self check outs are still not very efficient IMO. What they need to do is to have some type of order online and pick up in 20 mins (or same day delivery) with the store being like a giant assembly line that prepares your order using robots. THAT will be the future

You're right. And it's already happening. Somewhere in Asia (I forget where) they have a life size wall mural of a grocery store isle in the metro station I think. And there's a QR code for your smart phone to scan each item. You can fill your grocery bag up while waiting for your train during your commute and have the groceries waiting at your house when you get home :wow:

View media item 972383
View media item 972386
View media item 972387
This will be especially effective in urban areas where carrying a bunch of groceries yourself is not convenient. This is the future in big cities.

Last edited:

ppl now are sorry and lazier and out of shape...more then any time in history
see.... you're being as general as possible to make your point

you're calling everyone that eats fast food lazy.... regardless of the situation that put them in that fast food restaurant 

you think fitness instructors don't eat fast food? pro athletes don't eat fast food? 

Floyd Mayweather eats fast food after his fights ..... how lazy is he? ***** just went 12 rounds and could have whatever he wants made by a chef in his crib by the time he gets home.... ***** felt like a coppin a Chalupa tho.... 

you talking nonsense man.... 

no duh America is full of fat lazy people.... but those aren't the only customers pulling up to the drive thru

I've seen the delivery service though. Saw a vons truck roll through, and I was like whut.

Hope those Mechanic jobs to fix these automated POS systems become unionized, because these places will low ball them too.

If i'm lit I'll be at the self-checkout for no longer than 10 minutes
Legit happens every time bruh I'm not built for that life

Again, I was only saying it could be possible. Also In n Out has 290 some restaurants compared to McDonalds' 14,000 some in the USA; so In n Out can do that.

never had a problem with self checkout

most of the problems i see are old ppl who dont know technology and if someone tries to do it too quick and machine cant process the info fast enough

I've seen the delivery service though. Saw a vons truck roll through, and I was like whut.

That's the final question that needs to be answered. "How do you deliver good fast and cheaper"?..... Amazon is going for those robot helicopters but I don't think that's an actual solution, more like a PR experiment. Once something is invented to move the items, it's on. Delivery trucks aren't a solution due to gas, traffic, ect.

That's the final question that needs to be answered. "How do you deliver good fast and cheaper"?..... Amazon is going for those robot helicopters but I don't think that's an actual solution, more like a PR experiment. Once something is invented to move the items, it's on. Delivery trucks aren't a solution due to gas, traffic, ect.
Well that's gonna take a lot of thinking. People who are gonna use this are gonna order lots of stuff so those drones aren't gonna much. I don't know what they would be able to do now to speed things up. More than likely it'll all be required same day shipping and it'll be limited to areas close to you. Like in my case, Vons is literally like 7 minutes away from me so yeah.

Last edited:
i don't see delivery trucks being out of the equation..... ever 

clogging airspace with a bunch of flying **** sounds unrealistic 

it'd be more reasonable to make the trucks electric or solar .... then find a way to put more trucks in the street or more distributions centers etc .... 

And as long as the stuff is chilled, it wouldn't matter how far the destination is.

You say it's no skin off your back but you feel some type of way about it. If fast food pulls in millions to billions per year then why cant the workers get a pay increase? No one say "when an athlete gets a pay increase it's gonna cause more unemployment or inflation". You're saying pro athletes get paid more because they worked hard all their years in school. Doctors didn't?
Yeah I feel some type of way as in "hey I work harder for the same thing" but that's life. I get it. Soo I choose not to let it have a real effect on me. It's not that complicated.

Fast food pulls in billions but they employ thousands to hundreds of thousands. You missed the point. Lebron James is 1 man making millions for OTHERS nike, miami heat, the nba, sprite, and even mcdonalds who sponsor him. The exposure they get from one mans performance is the reason some of those people at McDonalds have a job in the first place. That's what your missing the point on. There is only a limited number of actors and players creating far more opportunities for others to make money.

You being the best burger flipper isn't making anyone else money, therefore no millions for you. Now if you are THAT good at making burgers, start a restaurant with your burger deserving of world wide praise, build a brand, make a tv show around it, and make your own millions. 

I didn't say anything about Doctors. I dont think the money they make is worth the effort they put in. As a matter of fact there's a whole thread somewhere on this board about whether its worth it to become a doctor. If you go into that profession I hope its because you want to help people and not because you just want the salary.

Quote:

that's pretty ignorant ... .

you're telling me that a single mom working 40+ hours a week is lazy because

after getting up at 6am to get herself ready ... get the kid(s) ready... drop them at school... drive in traffic to work... bust her *** in the office..... get off.... ride in traffic back to pick the kids up..... help out with homework....pick up one kid from practice.... get them ready for bed 

she wasn't in the mood to cook dinner and stopped off for fast in between all that chaos? 

oh aiight... 
INB4 "she prolly selfish. she shoulda worked harder at keeping her man. 2 parents home >>>"

...but it is sad that the family values are the way they are now. no happy homes and family vacays anymore, just single parents bustin their ***

Quite a few NTers will be very upset when those self checkout machines will be able to figure out that those are rib eye steaks on the scale, not grapes.

Last edited:

i don't see delivery trucks being out of the equation..... ever 

clogging airspace with a bunch of flying **** sounds unrealistic 

it'd be more reasonable to make the trucks electric or solar .... then find a way to put more trucks in the street or more distributions centers etc .... 
Teleporting. (micro-wormhole generation)

A physicist could discover how to do that and put a whole bunch of people out of work. He ain't gonna be worried about minimum wage doe!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom