Father Before A Husband Or Husband Before A Father?

I think most of you will probably say Father before a Husband. But really think about it, I think it's a harder choice than you would think.

I remember I was talking to my neighbor the other day (who's married and has an 7 year old son). Now, I really don't remember how we got into that topic, but I remember him telling me that he loves his family more than anything. But if he would have to choose between his son or his wife (ofcourse he said neither) but then he said he would choose his wife.

He said his wife is his life time partner, she'll always be by his side to the day he dies! And that she was the only one worthy of creating another life with. On the other hand, he loves his son and will do anything he can to make his a life better than his. But that when he turns 18, he most likely move out and start his own life with his own family. And that in a blink of an eye, he'll be grown up. Being able to see his son would soon become a Holiday thing, or when he chooses to see his Parents.

He'll wake up to his wife everyday, still learning and living together. Going through thick and thin, being loved in ways nobody else can love him, that is including his kids.

Father

the successful birth of an offspring ensures the propagation of the genes in the future....

so being a father is the greater duty..... after that the man can die or continue smashing

in my case i gotta go with mother barely before wife...

your SO can screw you over...your kids...thats a part of you...yeah they grow up but even then their still your child...

its a fine line that from what i read new parents often struggle with...especially new mothers...they get wrapped up in their new child and accidently alienate their partner

but i definitely see the point he made

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

in my case i gotta go with mother barely before wife...

your SO can screw you over...your kids...thats a part of you...yeah they grow up but even then their still your child...

its a fine line that from what i read new parents often struggle with...especially new mothers...they get wrapped up in their new child and accidently alienate their partner

but i definitely see the point he made

Trust me, kids can very well screw over their own parents.

Kids these days are very disrespectful! Today's youth treat their parents like garbage (watch Teen Moms, perfect example)

And you have NOOOO freakin' idea, how many people I meet, who want nothing to do with their parents and just send them off to Senior homecares.
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Me and my wife can get divorced but my kids will always be my kids matter what.

As a husband, with kids, being a father and husband goes hand and hand. There is no one before the other.

Originally Posted by blacklion23

As a husband, with kids, being a father and husband goes hand and hand. There is no one before the other.

You and I think alike. But unfortunately many others don't.

I know my girl's dad will take his wife's side instead of his daughters. I use to witness family arguments and watch my girl get chewed out even though she was right, thinking her dad would agree with her, he goes and takes his wife's side instead.

And then there's my dad, my dad would take our side over my mom. Almost everytime, they argued, it was because of my dad going against her and taking our side.

I mean, it's not a question most people would ask, but it happens quite often.

Originally Posted by blacklion23

That's the way I see it also

Wife before mother...
Now that I've matured and married I realize how effed up my life would be if I would have had a child with either if my exes...glad I didn't become a mother before I found myself and my husband... I dont knock anyone who has children first tho cuz kids are a blessing....just glad I never did...

I thought this thread was about making babies out of wedlock. I don't think anyone plans it that way though.

First off, you need to be a decent man. Without being that, you're going to struggle holding up to both titles. Personally, I don't have plans of marriage, but I'm sure if I did, it would be after having a child. If ever my plans for either roles are switched, I would do my best to become the best father and husband.

Back
Top Bottom